We have just returned from 16 nights of absolute bliss. We had another amazing stay and already booked again for next year. The renovations were complete when we arrived with both pools operational and I must say they are both flash, they are very, very nice, I love all the strip lighting around the pools at night. I'm not one to swim in the pools rather opting for the gorgeous beach of Castaway but I did get in both pools just so I can say I used them. I understand there are further renovations to be done to the front of the resort which I'm sure will look amazing also.
My all time favourite thing to do at Castaway is dive, and again it was sensational, thanks to the very professional dive crew. We are lucky that the entire family loves to dive with our youngest daughter doing her jnr open water course this year. Irava did a fantastic job with our daughter giving her all the knowledge and confidence she needed to complete the course, such a patient and funny guy. Aku the legend he is again made diving so much fun as did Simeli. Eric took us to our favourite spot Bird Rock and Irava took me back to the Swimming Pool and it was fantastic! Vinaka to Jerry and Veresa, and our reliable skipper this year ili :) The dive crew really are a pleasure to be around.
The food seems to get better every year, Chef Lance strives for perfection and the staff are doing a marvellous job of making that a reality. Vinaka vakalevu to Lance for looking after us during our stay what an amazing man I love his passion for not only food but for the Fijian way of life, he has really embraced and made the most of his time on Castaway and we as guests are lucky that he is there.
The staff from the reception, F & B, the boutique, kids club, cleaners, boat shed, maintenance, gardeners, chefs, nurses to porters, honestly I can't speak highly enough of them all, always greeting us and mostly by name which I still find crazy.
We love the fact that when we go to Castaway we escape the reality of home and the stress of living in Sydney, we love the fact there are no clock radios to tell you the time in the bures, no TVs to show us the news and we love the fact that we get to listen to a band play just about anything you ask as entertainment.
We also love the fact that we get to meet up with the same families we have seen at Castaway on previous trips and the kids get to spend quality time with their friends.
We just love Castaway! There may be other places out there better but not for us, this is our island home for 2 weeks every year, as it is for thousands of other people. There is nowhere else in the world I'd rather go to relax then back home to see our Castaway family.
Vinaka vakalevu Castaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)