Had a great relaxing holiday on castaway, great for families (we had our 10 and 14 yr old daughters with us) but quiet enough for couples too considering the island was full but each day you wondered where everybody was! Our only concern was that our ocean view bure was not ready so they upgraded us to a Beach Bure. Even though this was lovely and situated on the quiet side of the island right on the beach the last thing you want to do is settle into a Bure just to move 2 days later into your ocean view ( which was just the same bure wise just sat back a little further from the beach), it was a very disruptive day although we requested a late check out upon departure from the island due to the incovenience and it was granted so we had full use of our room and the resort before departing on the 4.30 sth sea cruise transfer back to denaru. PS the captains lounge is a nice way to travel if you dont like crowds and want a bit more comfort and airconditiong. Although on the way we sat outside the south sea cruise boat in the sun and it was gorgeous too. The island massages are well worth it with lovely settings. We had the meal plan well worth it, you can eat anywhere anytime and as we had a teenager who liked to sleep late and make her way out of the bure just before midday she would head straight to one of the eateries before joinng the rest of the family for our day of relaxation. There is a tennis court and ping pong table. Both pools are great the swim up pool bar is a bit of fun. Most parents keep this area child free or child quiet if their kids are swimming with them. The walk over the island is well worth it, the views are wonderful. Also if you like canoeing you can do this around the whole island and the views of the coral from your canoe is gorgeous and very clear. A bit of kava is well worth it too and even more special was the chance to head to the staff quarters (by invitation) and sit with the locals immersing yourself in their Kava ceremonies....a great opportunity. Banana boat ride and trip to shell village were great extras too and enjoyed by all. Make sure you snorkell right out front of the resort opposite the boatbure,,,, we found nemos, giant clams, reef sharks and many tropical coral and fish. The cocktail party on a wednesday night and fijian show are heaps of fun and nightly entertainment available each nicht (crab race, quiz nights, silly games etc) all fun too if you choose to be apart of it or not. The most enjoyable part of the holiday is the friendly fijian people, most are so so happy and friendly and interacting with them and their traditions are great. My daughter had her hair bradied at $1FJ per braid plus $3FJ per packet of beads and the ladies come to your bure to do the braiding. We didnt have much to do with the kids club as our kids are past that now but the word around the island and the look on the kids faces and the parents faces relaxing together without their kids said it all! The all day deserts are yummy and the lattes delicious!
Happy hour in the sundowner pizza bar is a good opportunity to have a hlf price cocktail while watcing the amazing sunsets...
Castaway is a little bit more pricy to other resorts we have been to but you definitely get what you've paid for.........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)