My husband and I have just had one of the most wonderful 7 nights at this fabulous resort. The island is tropical and the water crystal clear, just like a postcard.
The reef is an easy swim and the resort management are doing a great job in maintaining the reef from the effects of the dreaded crown of thorns, it will only improve as time goes by.
We stayed in a bure on the north beach, just set back from the beach front bures, I thought the bure we stayed in was very private but also very social as you would say hi to everyone as they passed by on their way to breakfast/dinner.
The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble, at the management cocktail party on Wednesday night the staff referred to each other as family and I really think that would be true. Ana our waitress became our friend and we were genuinely sad to say goodbye to her.
Every activity was so much fun as was watching the beach volleyball in the afternoon. The dolphin tour was a quick tour of the area which included us seeing Cloudbreak, a famous surf break. We also did an island hopping tour which was one of the highlights of our trip. We went to one part of Mana, Amanuca, Tokoriki and Malolo then a picnic lobster lunch before returning back to Castaway. What amazed me was the feeling of returning home after being away for the day. I think this was because not only the beautiful place Castaway is but that we really felt welcome there by staff and all guests.
We were fortunate enough to arrive and depart via the Heli, the views are amazing and if you can go via this mode of transport I would highly recommend it. It is picturesque and a very quick way of getting to the resort.
The resort is truely paradise and many others must feel the same as the rate of guests returning is at 46 - 47%. We will be one of those couples looking forward to doing it all again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)