Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island(Tokoriki Island)
US$562
US$411
  • Beachfront
1,598 results
All reviewsband boyssunset pool villaoutdoor showerour honeymoonmeal planwelcome songtokoriki familyteppanyaki restaurantrecommend tokorikiprivate beach picnicvisited tokorikihelicopter transfermeal packagedive shopfresh flowersmoment you arriveheaven on earth
Reviewed 7 February 2008

My husband and I have just returned from our Honeymoon in Fiji and what an amazing Honeymoon this was! Our first stop was at Tokoriki for 5 nights…. What an extraordinary place this is…we felt like being in PARADISE…. ;-)

I must admit, after reading quite a few negative reviews on this site regarding the ‘no beach, seaweed smell, food being horrible, etc’, I was quite worried that our Honeymoon wouldn’t be as amazing as we had hoped it would be. Well let me tell you it was quite the opposite… absolutely RECCOMMENDED…

Well we arrived via the catamaran, as soon as we stepped foot on the crystal clear waters and white sandy beach, we were welcomed by the friendliest staff we would ever come across. Waiting for us was a yummy non-alcoholic cocktail – Tropical Punch – mmmm this was awesome and then came the Tokoriki Welcome song, this is catchy…hehe it was stuck in my head the whole time. Well, needless to say, the worries related to the negative feedback we had read on this site disappeared... so far we had seen quite the opposite of what we had read…and what a great time and place we had been experiencing so far… this only got better.

Seaweed could be smelt from time to time but nothing too overpowering and nothing unexpected as our Sunset Pool Villa was right on the beach doorstep. It was actually nice to smell nature, something we don’t necessarily have the opportunity to do in Melbourne.

Food – being a fussy eater, I was worried that I wouldn’t like the food in FIJI, gosh was I wrong – I have never eaten so much in my life, I’m not usually a soup eater but this soup was exceptionally tasty and the meals were oh so yummy…each day, the menus were slightly different, so there is a variety to choose from. Desert was the best I’ve ever had!!! I miss being serenaded each day during dinner… ;-)… I do however recommend you purchase the meal plans when booking your accommodation.

Weather was not necessarily on our side for a couple of days but it didn’t stop us from enjoying ourselves on this magnificent resort. They have daily activities to keep guests entertained and some of these are really interesting.

As it says… ‘ARRIVE AS A VISITOR AND LEAVE AS A FRIEND’ – This is exactly how we left… Thank you to all the friendly staff who made our stay a memorable and happy one! ;-)) We hope to return one day soon… !!

Check out some of my pics of Tokoriki… beautiful place!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joana M
Reviewed 10 January 2008

In a word? Wow. Tokoriki was the second destination for my wife and I for our honeymoon at the end of 2007. After staying a few nights at the Outrigger, we got a helicopter transfer to Tokoriki which was the ultimate way to arrive. From the moment we stepped off the helicopter, our bags were whisked away and we were taken into the main bure were we were checked in while sipping on a welcome cocktail. We then went off to our Sunset Pool Villa which was AMAZING. Immediately outside the main lounge and bedroom (both which had floor to ceiling glass doors looking out to the ocean) was a sandstone patio area leading to our own private infinity pool (one of those ones where the water pours continuously off the edge). The complimentary bottle of champagne was enjoyed the evening in the pool as we watch the sunset over the islands into the Pacific Ocean. The rest of the stay was just as good. Wonderful meals sitting at tables right beside the pool looking out to the ocean, eaten while enjoying a great cocktail or three. We also had a great day trip out to Monoriki Island being the island where the Tom Hank's movie Castaway was filmed. The only bad thing? That we only stayed there three nights!!! We hope to be able to head back soon.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RamiusX
Reviewed 7 January 2008

I was so surprised to read a couple of negative reviews about this resort as they are so off the mark. I absolutely loved holidaying at Tokoriki! If you want to get away and relax in luxury - this is the place for you. Lovely bathroom products and the spa is a must. Take extra tea and coffee though as the supplies were a little sparse (although if you asked for more, it always came). Spent NYE 2007 there and had no complaints at all - the restaurant provided excellent meals and had a good wine list. NYE buffet was probably the best buffet I have ever had! They built up a fantastic atmosphere and the personal touch of the staff singing the greeting song and farewell song every day made the resort feel very welcoming. The staff are some of the friendliest I have ever experienced in Fiji - well done to Solomon, Josua and Moses in particular. Resort does not cater for children, which is a blessing. Plenty of room to lay in sun or shade. If you have a bit of energy, kayak around the island. A trip to the neighbouring village is a must as most of the staff hail from here. Amanuka resort on the other side of the island, whilst newer, was not impressive. Whilst it does have a little more beach (not very much), tiles were missing in the pool, it was noisy, crowded and the beach seaweed had not been cleared away, making it appear disheveled. Had the pleasure of meeting the Australian owner of the Tokoriki Island Resort whilst we were there - it was clear that he takes pride in how the resort operates and he was generous towards his guests.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank CDLSydney
Reviewed 5 December 2007

My wife and I celebrated our 4th anniversary at Tokoriki, it was incredible! The staff was very friendly, food was good, pool is great, beach is a little small but it was still good.

Some people complained about the seaweed, I never smelled anything, they cleaned it up daily and drug it out to sea.

I would definately recomend to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RogerGLDavis
Reviewed 17 November 2007

BULA!!

A great place to stay...

We where there only a few days and did not want to leave...

The rooms are great, the food is wonderful and so is the service..

If you like the great Honeymoon away from it all and on a Romantic Island this is you place....

Sorry no Television or Telephone in the Room's you come here to relax!!!

To get here it is a 1.5Hr Boat ride or take a Seaplane or Helicopter Ride from Nadi.

We had a great time for our Anniversary.....

Thank You TOKORIKI.....