**Prior to taking this holiday we made contact to see if there would be any issues with 2 men sharing the same room**
The following is our experience.
From the moment we arrived, we found the front desk staff to be very judgmental of the fact that two men were staying in the same room to which we were previously told it was permitted. This prejudice was made more evident when the bell boy showed us to our room and queried if we would like a second bed, when declining his offer utter disgust was evident by his facial expression.
For the remaining days we found staff throughout the hotel to be unapproachable and distant from accommodating any needs. This was reinforced when we were by the pool on Tuesday (our second day at The Pearl). Pool staff approached the other guests offering drinks and towels and we were simply ignored. Whilst swimming in the pool together, we observed staff members glaring at us and commenting among themselves making us feel extremely uncomfortable and unwelcome.
This along with other occurrences was our pinnacle moment to decide not to participate in any further group activities and minimize our presence in communal areas of the resort.
We reviewed when the next available flights were and given the fact the distance of the Pearl Resort to Nadi airport (2.5h), we had to remain at the resort until Thursday, resulting in us canceling the final night of our accommodation.
The next morning, upon returning our room keys we asked a different staff member if the transport had arrived, this particular staff member completely ignored our questions by not deviating from her computer screen nor verbally acknowledging our questions.
At this point we left the keys on the bench and walked out to the car that had arrived having to clarify with the driver that he was here to take us to Nadi Airport.
We found our time at The Pearl to be an extremely disappointing experience, Our room was below standard from what was advertised.
This was reinforced by finding a range of bugs in the bathroom at night and large amounts of mould throughout the bathroom. We were unimpressed to leave on our final day opening our door to find room service trays still in the hallways from the previous night, but now understand why the pearl has such an issue with bugs and rodents! Furthermore, the blinds, mirrors and wall furnishings were clearly dated, damaged and in urgent need of repair and/or replacement.
Of all the hotel properties we have stayed in worldwide, the attitude and manners of The Pearl staff is far from an acceptable level for any hotel in any country to provide to their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour