“Very relaxing”
Review of The Pearl Resort

The Pearl Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pacific Harbour
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Like the last review (16 march), we had an enjoyable time. Granted the drive was long, but we also stopped in Sigatoka for a pit stop and an ice cream, and welcomed the leg stretch.
The rooms could do with a polish but we didn't spend much time in it, preferring to laze around the pool.
A definite highlight was the village trip, and the Arts Centre. Unfortunately we only found out about the Arts Centre by chance after having wasted a half day going to Suva. Hot, dirty, polluted and a contrast to The Pearl. The Arts Centre doesn't appear to be publicised very well. Don't recommend Suva at all when everything else is locally available.
Being off season, the Golf Course was empty, and is cheaper for food than eating at the resort. A steak is $35FJ compared to $49! Drinks are cheaper as we'll.
The people are fantastic, particularly Save, at the pool bure. Extremely friendly and a great source of knowledge.
The Spa was very relaxing, so we visited twice in 3 days!
The food was nice, but i question the value compared to what it costs. I can't accept prices comparable to Oz prices when the staff don't earn what restaurant staff in Australia will get paid. Unfortunately food options are limited but there are a couple of gems at the Arts Village as well.
Overall, a nice place for a few days of doing not very much!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Garly
There are newer reviews for The Pearl Resort

Reviewed 16 March 2014

After wanting a holiday break where pampering was the main theme, The Pearl certainly delivered. Some other reviewers rated the long drive from Nadi as a negative, whereas we loved seeing the countryside, villages and other resorts on the way. In many ways it was an education as well! Our driver was happy to chat and answer questions along the way. He gave us a pitstop at Sigatoka which was appreciated.

Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed and taken to our room, which was delightful. Our view from the balcony took our breath away. We explored the buildings and grounds and were greeted by super friendly staff everywhere. We decided upon room service for our first evening meal, as we were a tad weary and hey presto! it arrived so quickly, we were thrilled. Delicious and such reasonable prices.

Our days were filled with massages, tours, visits, laughter and sheer indulgence poolside and dips in the warm ocean, which we had to ourselves.

The daily breakfast was a banquet with specialties on certain days. The setting overlooked the green grounds and beautiful scenery out to Beqa Island.
We eagerly anticipated the nightly activities newsletter to see what surprises would accompany the next new day. There was also a board outside the tours/info kiosk at poolside, describing daily events.

We were totally impressed with and sympathised with the staff around the pool who positively dealt with the few wayward children whose parents had other things on their minds. Maybe because it is such a distance to The Pearl, not too many families with young children were in evidence.

We saw two weddings and became guests at one!
We made new friends and loved it all so much that we are returning in June this year!

This is a perfect place to chill out and do not much at all. The closest 'entertainment' is the Arts Village which is a good 10 mins walk along the highway.

I highly recommend the visit to the local village and the church service. The music, singing and atmosphere there will remain with you for some time. Your contribution to the collection plate will mean so much to the community.

There are some building works in progress but in an area away from the front of the resort. They did not affect our total enjoyment one iota.

Room Tip: If you have children, a room on the ground level would be an advantage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank lelba
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We just stayed at The Pearl for 7 days. We have chosen this hotel because of the good reviews. However, got disappointed. We came around 6pm, got into room at 7. The rooms are old, not very clean and need refurbishment. Complex is nice but definitely not 4-5 star at the moment. It has to restaurants, but never both open...
Staff are very kind and friendly. Breakfast is nice as well. Dinner menu is poor and overpriced but the food is tasty.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room on the first flor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Belkica
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Two and a bit years after our first visit to The Pearl we decided that we would come back to visit again for a few reasons.

The main reason was to help my mum celebrate her 60th Birthday, and the other reason was to see if the level of service we'd received was still as amazing as our first visit as we were in heavy consideration of holding our wedding there... This was a BIG deal, and we needed to make sure we were giving our guests an amazing Fijian Holiday whilst there.

We were SO impressed!

I'd been unwell on the flight over (hands up who else isn't a great flyer!) and so wasn't in the best frame of mind when we arrived at about 11 am - 3 hours before check in opened... I expected we'd be told that our room wasn't ready as is the case in most hotels and to please wait by the bar or have something to eat - this happened, as expected, and about halfway through our meal (which was served within about 20 mins of ordering might I add... not sure where these stories of meals taking forever are coming from as that is something we've never experienced!) when we were advised our room was ready when we were. BLISS!

We were quite enjoying sitting in the breeze at this point as it was quite refreshing, and it was at this point, that our decision to get married here was pretty well sealed and set in stone....

Maria, the Activities co-ordinator wandered past and I called out to her (remembering her from last time!) and she looked at us, broke into a MASSIVE smile, yelled "BULA!" and said "Melani! Dusty! I can't believe it! You're back! Welcome! It's so good to see you!"

I have never felt SO welcome in any place, in all my life!

My mum was absolutely BLOWN AWAY, as was my fiance. Who wouldn't be!

We were looked after so incredibly well, and when we decided that we wanted to speak with Mel's their wedding co-coordinator at short notice, we were pleasantly surprised that it was made to happen.

Our rooms were perfect as usual, with the aircon being lovely and cold, our ocean view rooms were on the ground floor, and allowed us the privacy of an outdoor living area for late night chats and drinks. I love the ocean view rooms. So very lovely to sit outside your room and look out over the water.

Another of the activities people Save (pronounced Sah-veh) was an absolute crack up with bad jokes, great cooking skills which he shared with us on a rainy day, mad weaving skills and an awesome sense of humour. We loved spending time with him, and on many occasions we found him staying back late to chat with us!

Since my last trip to Fiji, I've become a travel agent - so I've learnt to become quite picky, looking for the good and bad in hotels, and this hotel really ticks all the boxes.

Could it do with a lick of paint? Maybe, but how much time do you really want to spend in your room?!
Could the food be any better? Really doubtful! The produce is fresh as can be, and cooked to perfection! Breakfast was always amazing and I'm pretty sure I put on about 10kg whilst staying here!
Could the staff be more attentive? No. Absolutely not. How much more attentive do they need to be when they are remembering little old me from OVER two years ago - This lady wasn't the only one either!?
Could they improve their customer service? Again, I really doubt it. We caught up with a Fijian friend that we made on our last trip and her little boy came along too. He was wandering up behind the bar, being a generally inquisitive little boy, and instead of asking us (like they would here in Australia) to please keep the child at the table and on his best behaviour, picked him up, and continued to serve the guests at the bar, and simply introduced him as their newest team member!

If you are looking for a holiday to reconnect with your lover, honeymoon, catch up with friends and family - this is the place to do it.

The staff will ensure you are looked after and more than entertained and if you are travelling alone, as we saw on this stay, they will make sure your every single wish is met.

This place is nothing short of magic. I'll be going here for a really, really long time to come.

I hope you love it as much as we do, and please - don't hesitate to message me if you'd like more details!

Link to my review from our last stay: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g308269-d312190-r123016641-The_Pearl_South_Pacific-Pacific_Harbour_Coral_Coast_Viti_Lev.html#REVIEWS

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BlackCatsAngel
Reviewed 2 March 2014

we stayed in one of their ocean-view rooms and it was generally good. the highlight of the stay here was the beach - perfectly serene and very clear/clean. we felt that with the breakfast inclusive rate, the room was slightly over-priced, as hotels with similar rooms but without breakfast has much lower price. breakfast is a feast with a wide selection but the danish pastries seem a bit dry. the staff members are very friendly and hard-working to make the guests comfortable. the hotel is in need of an upgrade however. overall it is a nice getaway if you are willing to pay around $200fjd. great for couples.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shabina29
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have been going to pacific harbour for 40 years and stayed at the old travel lodge many times the pearl is is just that a pearl right on the bay great food easy to walk to the art center gee I have read some reviews and I don't think the people really wanted to go to Fiji for a holiday
thanks gary

Room Tip: all rooms are good but I go by myself so am happy to be placed anyware
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank gary d
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I loved the Pearl. It had fast service, many facilities but best of all, the staff. Maybe I'm mistaken of how great it was because the staff were just excellent. The only issue would probably be it's location. It's absolutely beautiful but extremely far from Nadi which was where I had many planned activities but nonetheless, it was lovely.Dinner at the Bistro was quite expensive but it was relatively similar to Australian meals. I created strong relationships with the staff, who even ended up staying back after their shifts just to chat and would greet me every morning with my name and asked how i was going, offering to take me to places. It was so wonderful. I think they were the ones who made the experience so great, I loved it. Even if the hotel may not satisfy you, honestly, the company is just worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu

Been to The Pearl Resort? Share your experiences!