Like the last review (16 march), we had an enjoyable time. Granted the drive was long, but we also stopped in Sigatoka for a pit stop and an ice cream, and welcomed the leg stretch.
The rooms could do with a polish but we didn't spend much time in it, preferring to laze around the pool.
A definite highlight was the village trip, and the Arts Centre. Unfortunately we only found out about the Arts Centre by chance after having wasted a half day going to Suva. Hot, dirty, polluted and a contrast to The Pearl. The Arts Centre doesn't appear to be publicised very well. Don't recommend Suva at all when everything else is locally available.
Being off season, the Golf Course was empty, and is cheaper for food than eating at the resort. A steak is $35FJ compared to $49! Drinks are cheaper as we'll.
The people are fantastic, particularly Save, at the pool bure. Extremely friendly and a great source of knowledge.
The Spa was very relaxing, so we visited twice in 3 days!
The food was nice, but i question the value compared to what it costs. I can't accept prices comparable to Oz prices when the staff don't earn what restaurant staff in Australia will get paid. Unfortunately food options are limited but there are a couple of gems at the Arts Village as well.
Overall, a nice place for a few days of doing not very much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour