We stayed here in late March 2014. We upgraded to the penthouse suite which gives guests a separate lounge and dining room and large king size bed and full size bath. There are no kitchen facilities but tea and coffee making is available. The only down side is the balcony is almost unuseable as it is far too small I am not sure if they are marked for some refurb or renovation.
Every staff member is wonderful - they are friendly and funny and do their best to make sure you enjoy your stay.
The Pearl is in the middle of a huge renovation and is due for completion late 2015. I look forward to returning and seeing how it all looks. Also hope for new linen, towels and furniture in the existing rooms as they are looking a bit tired.
The beach is great for swimming. Unfortunately this time they had experienced a cyclone which had dumped whole trees - timber etc the whole length of the beach. They had staff out every day cleaning it down and burning off what they could. Each morning the staff would return to see a new lot of debris on the beach and them having to start all over again. We still swam as the water is beautiful.
The food is not five star but good and plenty of variety and not as expensive as the resorts on Denarau, also the drinks are cheaper. Wine is really expensive but that is consistant thoughout Fiji. They are putting in a seafood restaurant with the new renovations. You are also in walking distance to the Arts Village which has three or four food outlets and the Uprising Resort along the beach is also good for lunch or dinner. There is a great golf course associated with the Pearl and is very tough. I lost 9 balls. You can take a trip to Suva, do the Sigatoka River cruise or the Zip line or simply sit back and relax.
This side of the main island is the real Fiji with many little villages giving us a glimpse of their real lives, which I think are pretty tough. Yet they all smile which those incredible white teeth wave and greet with Bula.
Vinaka (thank you) to the Pearl - we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour