The staff were fantastic and certainly did their best under the circumstances. And the food was the saviour of this resort.
We were at the Pearl for a business conference and unfortunately due to a late flight and 3 hr transfer we didn't get to the hotel untill 8:00pm.
The "Garden Suite" was old and musty smelling with some friendly cockroaches sealed the deal for the "boss".
The staff moved us up to one of the Penthouse Suites next morning but unfortunately was facing the construction site next door that worked 7 days from early morning till late into the night.
Saturday night they held a rather large event being the Miss World Fiji pagent. With it came the noise of construction before and after. The music finally stopped at 1:00am.
I felt the resort wasn't a very suitable venue to cater for such an event. Especially if it is going to inconvenience those guests who are not part of the event.
There are major rebuilding works happening at the moment and it appears that very little money has been spent on upkeep in recent years. I would seriously question the Hotels claims that all rooms have been renovated.
I'm sure there are better options in Fiji but our stay at The Pearl left us looking elswhere for our next trip.
Would we go back?...No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour