Nanuku Auberge Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)
  • Breakfast included
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
  • Beachfront
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
  • Pool
Lalati Resort & Spa(Beqa Island)
  • Pool
Lawaki Beach House(Beqa Island)
  • Beachfront
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewsvilla mamaprivate islandpaddle boardingplunge poolour honeymoonfijian culturekava ceremonygrand villajet skiingsmall planeremember foreverwarrior dancewhite water raftingprawnsevery staff membertheir livessay goodbye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I go to Fiji a lot, and this was my first stay at Nanuku. From the minute you arrive you know it's special. The staff were amazing, and my villa blew me away - it was magnificent. I'm rarely lost for words, but this place renders me speechless. Do yourself a favour and go to Nanuku, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
kt1957, General Manager at Nanuku Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Our team strive to deliver a personal and bespoke experience with each and every guest that is personal and unique. I will pass on to them your feedback which indicates that you valued their service. Thank you. Karen Taylor

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We traveled to Fiji three weeks ago and had the most amazing trip of our lives at Nanuku resort and spa.  We have not been able to write a review until now as we were unable to find the words to express the true reality of our experience.  While we made our best attempt in the review below, in the end Nanuku is something that cannot be described with words, instead it has to be experienced.

My standards are obnoxiously high when choosing a place to stay on holiday.  Fiji was a long ways away from the middle of the states so we were determined to find the perfect place.  After months of research, we were sold on Nanuku, and still are! We knew that a trip to Fiji would be a beautiful memory with gorgeous scenery.  What we didn't bet on was that it would be life changing.  We have Nanuku and its wonderful staff to thank for that.

When first pitched the idea of an "all inclusive" we were a little leery, but Nanuku is in a class all its own.  I have celiac (gluten allergy) and it's typically pretty hard for me to eat anything at all inclusives. Not only did Nanuku's head chef Walter cater to my needs, he went above and beyond.  I had food that I haven't been able to eat in over 5 years, much less in a restaurant setting.  Pasta, eggs benedict, alfredo sauce, pineapple strudel, homemade donuts(!!!)...the list could go on and all were delicious.  Needless to say it wasn't a typical gluten free catering of salads with vinegar and oil for dressing and steaks as a main course.  What's more is that I could basically order anything off of the regular menu, like a normal person.  I didn't have to have a "special" menu just for me, I hadn't realized how much I had missed that.  Thank you again and again Walter for all you did!

The reports about the amenities, the rooms, and the beautiful scenery are all true.  Once again, the only disappointing thing is the beauty that you actually see and experience at Nanuku can't be put into words.  Karen, the lead designer and manager has thought of everything and her taste is impeccable.  We stayed in Grand Villa 3, after our treehouse villa was damaged from a storm the week prior, and were simply floored  by our accommodations.  My husband and I were so enamored by the beauty that surrounded us not just on the beach but everywhere we looked, that we spent the first day with dropped jaws, aimlessly walking around our "palace" for the week.

As beautiful as Nanuku is, it would not be the same without the wonderful, thoughtful, genuine, amazing people that they have on staff.  Everyone says to go to Fiji for the beautiful scenery and the nice people, but to generalize Nanuku's staff under such a category is a serious misnomer as they are so much more. It all started with the reservations manager, Nanise. She was overly accommodating throughout our stay, and was kind enough to make sure we were in the nicest and best accommodations possible given that the original villa we had reserved was damaged from the recent storm. Thank You Nanise!

The wait staff is phenomenal.  We looked forward to seeing Kristen, Mere, Manu and Leba every morning, afternoon and evening and chatting with them about our day which they always so thoughtfully asked about.  Their smiles were simply infectious and their service was beyond outstanding.  We were surprised every night by their thoughtful placement of tables and had many a romantic dinner out by the beach, up on the private balcony, and under their beautifully decorated canopy.  When researching other boutique hotels in the area, we saw that there was typically an up charge for this sort of service.  We couldn't believe that this was included in our package!  It was so nice to not feel as though we had to keep constant track of our spending.

On top of brilliant dinners, were brilliant drinks served with style and flair with a side of shark dive stories by Nathan and Ben at the bar.  Amazing guys that you can't help but smile when you see.  Mojitos and frozen blended drinks with fresh fruit from the garden is their specialty.  I typically dislike mojitos, but LOVED Ben's version with pure fresh sugar cane crushed by hand at the bar and Fiji's local rum.  So YUMMY!  Especially nice for us as well was the selection of wines from around the world (including the U.S.)!

The icing that took the cake of our dinner time at the resort was the music.  As a music teacher and vocalist, I love, love, LOVED the native, live music that played every night.  Joshua, Epeli Sefa and Tony are truly talented.  I was even able to partake in the music playing myself on the Kava rug one night and while I cannot attest that I came close to meeting their level of musicianship, I loved every second that I got to be a part of it!  Their chordal harmonies were absolutely breathtaking and the skill of the guitar players phenomenal.  What's more is that we were able to take their music home and share it with others.  As we had missed our nephews birthday, we asked them if they could play happy birthday for him while we video taped it.  Not only did we get a song, but beautiful three part harmony with rhythm and lead guitar, and in the end, a very happy 9 year old thousands of miles away, jumping up and down on the couch and asking to hear it again and again.

With the help of our guide Andre, I was able to bring even more music home and touch the lives of my students with the lives, rituals and traditions of Fiji.  We referred to Andre as "the man" on our trip b/c he literally did it all.  From digging crabs out of the sand to take pictures of for my students (which they LOVED, by the way), to teaching us local games with coconut shells and tree seeds, he was so patient, kind, genuine and pleasant to be around and he always went above and beyond for us.  Not only did he help me to get a traditional Lali to take back to my kids, he taught me how to play it as well.  He patiently answered the many questions that I spouted off to him and taught me all of the different rhythms that were used in the villages to announce special things taking place like weddings or funerals, or to announce intruders and visitors.  I have since had several lessons about the Lali and the Fijian music I heard at Nanuku and my kids absolutely LOVED hearing all about it and playing the drum.  He not only passed knowledge and traditions on to me, but he touched the lives of 450 students struggling to get by in tough, urban neighborhoods.  The Lali Andre helped me to get has created a gateway for me between students that would have previously been closed off from me and from music.  That is a gift that cannot be repaid and I cannot thank him enough.  My husband is in agreeance when I say that Andre is one of the most amazing people we have ever met and we feel blessed to have had him as our guide and to have spent time with him on our vacation.  Thanks for making our dreams come true Andre!  We hope yours come true as well and that you hit the white sands of Australia in the VERY near future!

Beyond the white sands of our villa, right outside our door, we could use the resorts snorkel gear to see the underwater world.  For this, we could choose to go with a guide or to go alone.  I am afraid of the ocean so you can imagine just how scared I was to go underwater and swim with things that could potentially bite my face-off.  Our guide Sefa was not only fun, laughing along with me as I attempted to keep my cool, but he was honest and patient.  He did not try to undermine my fears by attempting to untruthfully soothe me into believing that there were no sharks in the area or that there wasn't any danger. Instead he was upstanding and forthright, telling us what to do if we did see a shark and that "we were in their world now."  I respected that about Sefa as it allowed me to trust him, which is pretty big when you are going up against something you are afraid of.  He kept us close to shore until I got a little more comfortable with the idea, and then "gave us the best."  When we got out to the reef, it was absolutely beautiful to our novice snorkel eyes.  Scared as I was, I am so glad that I did it, and I know that I have Sefa’s patient guidance to thank for it.

Each night around 7:30pm, we were given turndown service in our villa. It all started with the lighting of the wonderful tiki torches in front of and in back of our villa, really cool!  This was one of our favorite touches to the trip, as we LOVED coming back from dinner to a nice bed covered in fresh flowers.  The crème de la crème was the jetted spa tub, filled for us with perfect temperature water and flower petals, surrounded by glowing candles. Just an awesome way to take the edge off after a rough day of lounging around the pool!

Another name that cannot go unmentioned was Vesi, the guy in charge of anything we needed in our villa or around the property.  He was amazing, and was available via the personal cell phone they gave us any time we needed him.  Even the bottle of champagne we ordered one day to our villa was delivered by Vesi with a very nice chiller filled with ice and flowers.  Vesi also went far out of his way one evening, after his normal hours, to give us a tour that we had requested of the original villa we were supposed to have stayed in. We just HAD to see it so as to give us even more reasons to come back. Every villa here is truly amazing, and we would be happy to stay in each and every one of them. Small touches!!!

Seru and Tevita, our activity guides (along with several others we already mentioned above) were so very attentive as well.  They were always asking if we wanted or needed anything, more than happy to set us up with an activity on the property, or line us up anywhere outside of Nanuku.  We did a private island tour (very cool), and they went as far as packing all drinks, food, sunscreen, underwater cameras (talk about thinking of everything!), towels, etc. for us.  When we returned, we were dropped off literally right in front of our villa via boat, with our villa Mama waiting on the beach for us with a wonderful cool towel to cleanse our faces and hands.  Every detail was handled like they had done this 1,000 times.

Our Villa Mama was truly like our Mom for the week.  We absolutely LOVED mama Leni and still call for her jokingly around our house when we need something done or when we miss her.  She was not at all intrusive and was a blast to have around when we did see her.  We didn't even have to ask for things to be done for us, they just were.  On top of the usual cleaning service, Mama Leni did our laundry for us, the dishes, and put out fresh flowers and other thoughtful touches every single day.  From recommending Fijian music artists to play on our speakers as we lounged by the pool, to her Fijian dish cleaning dance, we loved every minute of our time with her.  One of my favorite parts of the day was heading out to breakfast and seeing Leni waiting outside to give us our morning Fijian hug and asking what we needed for the day.  Always so kind, thoughtful, and inviting, she made our morning.  At the end of our stay, she wrote us a hand written thank you from all of the cleaning staff with nuanced memories of our time with her.  We have put it in our memory box to keep forever.  What a treasure.

On our last day, we were treated to a massage by the wonderful spa staff. Having eaten breakfast around 9, we came back to our villa at 10 where the wonderful girls from the spa had set up the dual massage tables outside of our villa next to the ocean, what an experience! They even hand delivered the specific lotions and oils that I wanted to purchase to our villa for me.

The end of our stay was no less monumental or memorable than the beginning.  If anything it was more amazing as we walked in as strangers, but felt as though we left as friends.  Our farewell dinner was spent with Chef Walter's amazing food, great wine, and beautiful music accompanied by a beautiful beach fire made by none other than our very good friend, Andre.  After dinner, we were brought a (gluten free!!) farewell cake and were serenaded by the entire staff.  As they sang our farewell song, they danced and clapped along, bringing us both to tears at the thought of not just having to leave the most beautiful place we had ever scene, but more over, the thought of having to leave some of the most beautiful people we have ever met.

We know that there are so many others that worked behind the scenes that we didn’t have the chance to meet, but we thank them for all that they did to make our stay so wonderful. We loved every minute of our time at Nanuku and don't think that there is money enough to pay for such an amazing memory. We WILL be back!!! VINAKA NANUKU!!!!!

Room Tip: There are no bad choices. All are beautiful! The villas give you a view of the beach while the treehouse gives you a view of the stars. If your planning a trip and with several families, the tree house will give each of you your own space with a large open room to convene for dinner time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Wheezabu
kt1957, General Manager at Nanuku Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for an amazing effort to acknowledge the work of the Nanuku team. Lindsey, I have never seen such a careful and thorough response from a guest. You both embraced the Fijian culture, and your enthusiasm and joy was infectious. It was wonderful for the staff to hear their names read out at the daily "boot camp" and to know that you valued their "care". It was even more wonderful to hear that this has translated into positive, life changing outcomes in your life back home and that others are in your community are sharing "the spirit of Fiji". We hope to see you again soon... plus at least one? and all your family!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We've travelled extensively for over 30 years and our motto has always been to try something new rather than return to the same destination/hotel. But Nanuku has weaved its magic on us and we'll definitely be returning, but with our whole family next time! The setting is idyllic with a beautiful beachfront, breathtaking views and excellent snorkelling just 20 meters from our villa.

The Villas are quite simply superb! We stayed in a Grand Villa (no. 6) which is extensive and lavish with modern amenities including a large loungeroom, dining room and kitchen, upstairs master bedroom with luxurious ensuite and wonderful view. In addition there is a beachfront bure with 4 poster bed and another full ensuite. But there's more! A media room, inground pool and heated outdoor spa and extensive semi-private grounds leading to the beach.

The hotel room rate is 'all inclusive', with breakfast served to your liking from a set menu and 3 course meals for both lunch and dinner. Every meal we had was a new, fresh and delicious experience. (Probably only one minor comment is that we were not clear on what was included in the 'all inclusive' package and that we actually had to pay for coffee with breakfast). But I can say the coffee was excellent!

We were advised by friends not to stay on the Coral Coast and to head to an outer island as this is where you will find the 'real Fiji'. Nothing could be further from the truth when you stay at Nanuku. The staff are the resort's best asset! Each staff member referred to us by name was very attentive without being intrusive and enjoyed sharing their culture and traditions with us. This even extended to the grounds staff who always welcomed us with a booming 'Bula!' whenever we passed them in our golf-buggy, the very thoughtful and included means of transportation around the resort. Each Villa has a "Villa Mamma" who attends to your every need and by the end of our visit Alitia really did feel like our Mamma. I cannot express just how amazing the staff are. Leba, Sophie and Nathan from the restaurant/bar were most hospitable with Nathan making the best-ever real pineapple smoothie. The activity guys double as 'welcome warriors', Kava ceremony experts, musicians and not to forget basket weavers!

As the resort is only newly opened, there are still some finishing touches underway before the grand plan is complete. However nothing detracted from our stay and only entices us to return to share with our family the completed vision for this amazing resort. Janice and Ian, Australia

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sissy1B
kt1957, General Manager at Nanuku Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi Ian and Janice. Thanks for the comprehensive review which was shared with the team today. It is really helpful and we appreciate the time that you took to be so detailed. Coffee is definitely not charged, so we will credit any incorrect posting made during your stay! My apologies. We look forward to meeting your grandson Ethan, and the rest of the family when you return. Take care. Karen.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We just spent time at the Nanuku resort and were amazed by the attention to details. The resort is amazingly beautiful and every detail has been thought through carefully. Staff made us feel welcome and part of the family. We have been very well looked after. Despite having very high expectations when travelling, we were pleasantly surprised every time by staff going the extra mile to think about our needs and cater for it even before we could ourselves think about it. Food is delicious, delicate and creative. The butler is a wonderful little mama whose devotion to ensure we have good time is limitless. We are used to the best hotels and resorts and this is so far the best we ever been to.

Room Tip: Any room is wonderful, choice may be guided by budget but even the cheapest option would ensure the best of time. For those able to afford it, the villa is amazing with very large rooms, living room and a dream kitchen with a spa, pool and daybed overlooking the bay. All rooms have seaview and amazing comfort and furniture.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carole M
kt1957, General Manager at Nanuku Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hi Carole and Vincent the staff are delighted to hear that your stay was all and more than you hoped it would be. It was a pleasure to meet you both, and to share with you the Nanuku experience. I will let the staff know that their hospitality exceeded your discerning expectations! Thank you.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were fortunate to be among the first guests to stay at the brand new Nanuku Resort. We were greeted with such warmth and this reception was constant throughout our stay. The staff felt like family! They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and went the extra distance to make our trip really special. It was fabulous. The rooms are huge, beautifully finished, nice bathroom, enormous living room/kitchen etc. Each villa has a plunge pool and spa so you can relax at your villa or at the main lodge. The food was delicious and we were treated to a traditional cava ceremony plus fire walking and a war dance. Really happy with the overall experience.

Room Tip: The villas are enormous and are private with view of water and out to the islands.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Aussiechick2010
NanukuSales, General Manager at Nanuku Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your recent stay with us as an inaugural guest of Nanuku Resort & Spa.

Like many beautiful properties around the world, Nanuku has set a high standard for the guest in the amenities and services provided. Like many other beautiful destinations the magical setting is matched with luxurious accommodations. However many of the Nanuku team have never been on the receiving end of guest service as we know it, with many of our new recruits coming straight from the local villages, so the fact that the “stand out” of your stay, was the genuine caring and professional service delivered with cultural authenticity by the team , is something that they will be very proud to hear.

Most of the Nanuku team do not have internet access, so your comments will be read out for all the team to hear at our morning meeting. We are glad you have had the opportunity to share the Nanuku experience.

Karen Taylor