“absolutely fantastic!!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pacific Harbour
Chilliwack
“absolutely fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 12 January 2008

This was our first trip to Fiji. We were absolutely amazed at the resort, the people, the whole experience.

The grounds were perfectly maintained and beautiful. Everything was clean and the food was always excellent, and plenty of it. Breakfast was the only area that we could say needed any improvement at all, maybe a small buffet?

The staff was always willing to go the extra mile to help. The resort has a real homey feel, the staff seemed to be having as much fun as were the guests, and really tried to keep everyone involved. You never seemed to " get lost in a crowd", they always tried to remember your name, where you were from and really made you feel at home.

We always felt safe, and comfortable. Our son (12) was able to wonder around by himself, without any worrys.

The beach is unbelievable, cleaned constantly, never too rough, never too crowded, nice and warm.

We were in Fiji for 3 weeks and stayed at the Uprising for 1 week, then went over to Beqa for 3 days, then stayed in a private Villa for the remainder of the time. I have to say that even when at the Villa, which was great, we almost every day walked over to The Uprising to have a meal , visit with the staff, and relax on the beach.

The bures are right next to the beach,practically on the beach and you have your own porch. The bures are quite large, comforable beds, and you also have a sitting area. The rooms were kept very clean.I must say I was a little unsure of the outdoor shower!! but let me say it was a really neat experience.

This is definetly not a place to miss, if you go to Fiji. For some reason, maybe it is just in British Columbia, Canada, but we found it very hard to find info on hotels, or resorts in Fiji. Luckily we just fluked upon in , while surfing the net.

We are hoping to plan another trip to Fiji this year and can't wait to see everyone at The Uprising.

Great all round holiday experience.

• Liked — friendliness, cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank BCFamilyChilliwack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
UK
Reviewed 6 November 2007

I stayed in Uprising for several days in garden view bure. It is a brilliant accomodation, lots of space, windows, good beds, kitchen, fridge, outside hot shower and adjustent toilet. Very comfortable and excellent quality.

resort itself is small and not very touristy in termsof mass tourism. It has a very local authentic feel to it, very cozy, friendly. Very close to the village (ATM, supermarket, bars, cafes, etc) and cultural center.

Staff is friendly and very helpfull, doing good job to make everything as relaxed and chilled out as possible.

beach is very nice to walk on and to swim, plenty of water sports on offer.
Food is brilliant, reasonably priced. Barman doing plenty of coctails and Fiji Gold beer is very cheap. Fijian traditional night with traditional food and dance performance was fantastic.

I absolutely loved my time in Uprising, totaly relaxed and chilled out. I was there on my own -single white female, and I felt secure and was looked after very well.
I loved interacting with locals, who come to the Uprising bar often, it was very nice to mingle with fijian people and those who live nearby. Restraunt and bar area are very good and inviting for drinks and chat.

reccomend to those seeking quiter less touristy but more authentic feel kind of place away from hustle and bustle of big hygenic international resorts.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
5 Thank Cookie095
NewZealand
Reviewed 24 October 2007

We stayed here for one night before going out to Beqa Lagoon resort (great, see review). Our beachfront bure cost 155.00 fijian a night ( cheap by Fiji stantards) and it was way better than I could have imagined. The bure was large with a queen bed and single, it had a nice sitting area and a granite benchtop for making drinks etc, also a large storage cupboard. The outside shower was fantastic. We travelled as a group of 4 (2 couples) 3 of us ordered different curries that night for diiner and thay all tasted great, yet different from each other (yum). The pool area looked really nice as well. Overall I think you it would be hard to find better value for money in Pacific Harbour. Great staff as well.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank fijitime
UK
Reviewed 20 July 2007

The first thing we do when we arrive somewhere new is head to the bar for a celebratory beer. We arrived about 10pm at Uprising and were delighted to find the lovely bar in full swing (in a very good way!). We were also so pleased to discover on paying the bill and doing the usual 'I've just arrived - how much is that in sterling' thing, that the beers were extremely reasonable particularly when you bear in mind that they have a bit of a captive audience at Uprising. There are bars about 10 minutes away but these were more expensive bizarrely. After a couple of Fiji Gold Beers, we decided to have some food which again was extremely reasonable and excellent - very fresh and generous portions.

We stayed in a beach front buree which was huge and had a great deck out front with uninterrupted views of the sea. The outside shower was excellent and I am a shower snob so it's a big deal for me to say that!

Overall, our few days here were perfect - chilled, relaxing and good fun. It's a brand new resort so there were a few teething problems but nothing that spoilt our stay and my comments are meant purely for the knowledge of the resort and I would in no way mean them as criticisms, just observations as to how things could possibly be improved a bit.

There is some building work going on that does not cause too many problems but they start at 8am which I think could be made an hour or two later to accommodate people who want to have a lie in. On that note too, the ground staff start work about this time and our buree was very close to the pool and is made of wood so noise travels so again, it was quite noisy. Now, I don't think anyone should have to go about their daily work in total silence but I think all staff should be a little bit more respectful of the early time and that their guests are probably still fast asleep. I also encountered one senior member of staff reprimanding another in front of me which made me feel a bit uncomfortable and I thought it a little unnecessary.

However, as mentioned - not criticisms exactly just observations. I would recommend anyone stay at Uprising, it's a fantastic place and I would surely go back. The setting is paradise, the staff is superb generally and everyone is extremely friendly.

• Liked — The Ethos - it's very reasonable for a slice of paradise
  • Disliked — The early morning noise, whilst not awful it did stop my lie in which makes me grumpy, but maybe I'm just lazy wanting to sleep past 8!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Thegaddabouts
Moergestel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 June 2007

This is the best place we visited in Fiji.
It's brand new, very beautiful and perfect value for money....
Just go to this place and you won't regret.....

• Liked — The rooms are beautiful
  • Disliked — It's a litle far from the citycentre
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank TheTravelaholics1
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 28 February 2007

We have a small vacation home in Pacific Harbour, Fiji and there is a new place that just opened up on the beach where we swim that is really awesome. It is called Uprising Beach Resort and the young owners are committed to making it a great place no matter what your budget.

The private bures (cottages) are right on the beach with a wonderful view and have a kitchenette and a beautiful outdoor shower. There is also a backpacker dorm and camping, but the bures would be my choice! Down at the other end of the beach, there is a big resort called the Pearl that charges a lot for its rooms, but these bures are only $155.FD. The food is really good and the staff are young and knowledgeable.

The coolest thing about this place is that local people, expats, surfers, and Fijians come and mix it up so you get a taste of real island life, not just a fakey post card.

I will write more as I hang out there more - and let me know if you go! - Vinaka vakalevu! Sarah Fisk

Stayed February 2007
#8 of 9 in Sigatoka
Gecko's Resort
Gecko's Resort
#5 of 9 in Sigatoka

Been to Uprising Beach Resort? Share your experiences!