They promise paradise and it was for us. After a 3,5 hour bustrip from Nadi airport(only 10 FJD per person one way in a aircondintioned bus... taxi would take only 2 hours but would be 180 FJD) we were dropped in front of the resort... a dusty road to the resort. A friendly "Bula" from the security guide and then you step in to paradise! All green gardens, authentic Bures, nice swimmingpool, good restaurant and friendly staff and a beach full of palmtrees and beqa island in the distance. We booked a beachfront bure. This is a spacious authentic bure, no airconditioning but the fan was good enough. The veranda is great. You can sit there all day in the shade, or dry if a Fijian shower is passing by. The personal outside shower was fun, handy too, no sandy feet in the bure.
Lots of activity possible,we hired a jetski and we went out snorkling. Ask before you enter the boat how much time you have. We didn't know and jumped back in too quickly. The reef 500 meters in front of the resort is terrific. No need to dive.
There isn't that much to do outside the resort. Pacific Harbour has a nice art village, with some shops, a supermarket and some restaurants. Suva is 45 minutes by minibus.
We didn't trust to leave the resort in the dark, but this wasn't necessary. The restaurant provides enough variation for a week of good diners and lunches.
They had a great party at New Years eve. We liked it that local people visit Uprising for drinks or enjoying the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylishly nestled on 2 kilometers of sandy beachfront between tropical palms, Uprising offers adventure, relaxation and sheer natural beauty all in one stunning safe location. Imagine a fun friendly place right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.Authentic Fijian accommodation options range from traditional thatched beachfront Villas and Bures (cottages) to fun tree-house shared facilities. Choose to relax on the beach or by the pool, and have a beachside massage, or take advantage of the many activities on offer. Scuba dive world famous Beqa Lagoon and experience shark diving and soft coral scuba sights, or head into the mountains for a whitewater rafting trip. Other daily activities include game fishing, jet ski island safari’s, golf, shopping at the Arts Village & Cultural Centre of Pacific Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Uprising Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uprising Beach Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Hotel Uprising Beach
- Uprising Beach Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour