“Pretty cool”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Pretty cool”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We went to these caves as part of our full monty trip. I believe Joes water taxi was the company that took us from our resort (safe landing) to the caves.

It was a pretty cool experience, slightly terrifying, and if you don't like swimming or dark holes I wouldn't do it. But if you're ok with both, go for it.

The only downside was it was very busy.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Chris B

Auckland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“History & Legends”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Beautiful setting and we had a guide who knew alot of history and legends regarding the caves - swimming under water to get into the caves was a bit of a challenge for a claustrophobic like me but it got better afterwards...especially when the history and legend sharing started. You got to be a good swimmer and it would be advisable to get floaters in case you tired quickly...it is caves within caves and best visited at low tide so the swim under is a quick duck and up and you are in. Enjoyed it very much - not suitable for kids though. Snorkeling outside the caves was better - I would suggest that those who looked after the caves begin a coral regeneration program in front of the caves - there were a lot of dead coral and it would be great to replant this area

Visited December 2013
2 Thank tropikanagal
Cernusco sul Naviglio, Italy
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Another day in "paradise"”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The caves are only a part of the beauty!
If you manage to reach the north-east coast, between Sawa I Lau and Nanuja Levu, during the low tide... it's astonishing!
Another day in "paradise"!
...and go visit also the village on the opposite beach, on the main island.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cescocri
Canberra, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Smaller tour was great”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is my second time to the caves and it did not disappoint. My family were able to get a private tour because we couldn't get a spot on the boat the day earlier which made it all the better. A fun, exciting, quick activity for the Yasawas. And the boat ride there is also specy. I would recommend trying to get on a smaller tour as during the larger tours the cave fills up with people and is not as nice. The entrance to get into the dark caves is very doable for even novice swimmers (about a foot down) and the guides shine lights and help you get through.

Visited May 2014
Buchs Aargau, Switzerland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“great experience & test”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visited the Sawa-I-Lau caves while on tour with the Blue Lagoon Cruises, a relaxing and very recommended 4 - 7 days trip around the Yasawas where you get pampered while exploring the beautiful islands. It is an amazing impression to be in the first cave with this high dome where some locals even climb the walls to jump into the cool water, and you feel excited about diving into the second cave. Honestly, I was a little scared and almost couldn't wait the three seconds under water to be over, but when I was through, I was so glad I did it. The atmosphere was very special for our guides brought only one lamp wich they kept under the surface so the cave looked quite fairy-like. At the end of the cave the rocks are formed like a little bench, so we "sat" there singing songs with this fantastic acoustics. Back out, we had unfortunately no time to stay some longer under the dome as other groups came in to explore the caves. It is a great experience but also a test for one's own courage if you are a little insecure of your skills to hold breath...

Visited June 2013