Yasawa Island Resort and Spa
Oarsman's Bay Lodge(Nacula Island)
US$148
  • Restaurant
US$295
US$258
  • Pool
US$293
US$245
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Cove Resort(Naukacuvu Island)
US$483
US$253
Naqalia Lodge(Waya Lailai)
US$127
US$96
  • Beachfront
Vatia Beach Eco Resort(Tavua)(Great Value!)
US$21
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Coralview Island Resort(Tavewa Island)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$35
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe blue lagoon cavesprivate beachother guestsdeluxe burefishoutdoor showerlocal villagesmall planeour honeymoonfiji timelunch and dinnerminute flightanother guestfamily burepiece of heavennadi airportwhite sand beaches
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Bula Navutu staff! I already miss you guys!
I just spend some days in this Paradise! I traveled with 6 other friends and I can say, Navutu Hotel is wonderful. We were welcome with a song, unforgettable!! The locations is amazing. The staff are very friendly and know you by your first name.
All the time, everyone from management to the severs had a smille one their faces. Well, the service you receive is amazing. In my opinion, Fijians are the most beautiful people on Earth!
The rooms are clean and comfortable and you have diferentes activies avaiable daily. So Navutu is perfect for couples and group of friends, like us. Navutu provide the tranquility and beauty of everything a Paradise had to offer.
I was in love with the island and the hotel. For a few days I leave the city stress behind to live in "fijitime!
I´m sure that I had the most amazing time in my life in this island. Thank you Navutu! You are great! And I will be back soon! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ana Carolina T
Reviewed 9 January 2014

If you are looking for beautiful, uncrowded comfort (not luxury, but comfort), this is the place. Some people may not want to pay the price for this and really want opulence and 24 hour butler service, but that is not what Yasawa is and that is not what my wife and I were looking for. The fun landing on the grass air strip, the warm welcome at the side of the plane and the appropriately bumpy ride to the resort got us off on the right foot. The resort itself is gorgeous. We were in Bure #1 which is a several minute walk to the dining room/reception, but we enjoyed the walk and we were the only unit occupied on that side of the resort. When we were on the beach which was literally seconds from our bure, we were the only ones around. The pool was great, the beach was great and the daily activities were great (village visit, Blue Lagoon, snorkeling, etc.).

The food was consistently excellent, a few meals could even be called superb. I was initially concerned that our fellow guest would be jetsetters and not friendly. That was completely wrong - it was a combination of middle aged comfortable folks like us and honeymooners.

The entertainment we had was especially good. Children from the nearby village came over one evening to sing and it was delightful to watch and listen. There was an adult choir one night and they were impressive as well. It is clear that music and dance is part of the local culture and that everyone is proud to be a part of this. This was not a fake show, but a real extension of who the people really are.

And of course, the people are wonderful. Everyone is friendly, but not in a phony way. You absolutely have the sense that the people who work there are authentic and natural and that they care about making sure you are enjoying your time with them. That's a very special situation.

The only drawbacks I can think of are:

There was an owners meeting (5 people) going on while we were there and it felt a little bit like 'us and them'. I would encourage them to come over and mingle with their guests and ask them about their stay. They have a lot to be proud of. Kudos to one of the owners, Erin, and her daughter, Hannah, for showing their love and passion for what they do.

They should have an activities director who makes sure that their guests are maximizing their stay - making sure we are aware of all of the activities and is there anything they can do to help. Sometimes we need a little encouragement to try something for the first time (paddleboard, etc.).

The air conditioning wasn't always sufficient for us Americans who live in the north of the US and are unaccustomed to the heat and humidity! (-:

But honestly, all in all, this is a very special place which should be on your bucket list.

Room Tip: Every bure is a good bure.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank russr
YasawaResort, Owner at Yasawa Island Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate the time you took. you captured some of the essence of the resort and how we like to include guests in the culture of Fiji.

I am sorry that you may have felt a little like us and them with our meeting. It was the first time we had gotten together in nearly 3 years - we will be more considerate next time.

James Erin and the Yasawa Family

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We are still at the resort (07JAN14) and I would like to share with you our happiness to be at this charming, quiet and beautiful place. We are family of 2 adults and 2 children (10 & 12) having fun and enjoying every single hour of our stay.
Pros :
1) Friendly Fijian staff (Emily, Samy, Sami, Tony, Anna, Aggie...)
2) No crowds at all!
3) No buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner! Daily wonderful selection of a la carte food (included)!
4) Thanks God : No TV - full time family interaction!
5) Private picnic : we selected Yawini Island and a delicious grilled seafood (lobsters and prawns).
6) Nice air-conditioned bures (houses). You can take shower inside or outside the bure. In both cases enjoying the beach and ocean view. Hammocks...
7) Great short trips, included in the room rate
8) Warm and clear sea water.
Cons:
1) It is not possible to extend our stay....

I strongly recommend this resort and I would be back in another trip to Fiji!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank phabreus

Bula

Thank you for your review - even before you checked out.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back next year with your friends this time who did not make it this year.

Vinaka,

James Erin and the Yasawa Family

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

The food, the view, the service, the hotel itself... Was amazing. Every morning I woke up and opened my front porch and got a view of the beach. The resort has a variety of flowers all around the property. Not once was I disappointed with the food OR their service. Their staff is extremely friendly and warm hearted. You can see that they really do their best to make you feel happy and comfortable. They have great trips for you to go on with your family as well. Loved my time there!

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Amandacristie
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Let me start by saying I will never book another vacation without the total help of an outstanding experienced travel agent.. that being Lori Evans from Heavenly Destinations. lori@heavenlyvacationsrus.com
www.heavenlyvacationsrus.com
Our 23 year anniversary trip was the best and Lori left every detail perfected and a dream come true! Yasawa was Her recommend and it lived up to and beyond her description of luxury and privacy! The staff, the Bure the locating was pure Fiji Paradise. The cuisine was spot on and to die for. We continue to dream about the private picnics on our secluded beach each day, complete with champagne and the best pistachio brownies we have ever had. The trip to the village to see authentic Fijians was beyond touching and these people are so loving and accommodating and let us invade their lives with open arms. We will never forget the Fijian hospitality. We loved everything about this slice of paradise. Our only regret was not doing a scuba dive. Next time we will for sure because they say you must go deeper to see the beauty which also lies below. Snorkeling was such fun and kayaking in the waves was my husbands favorite afternoon sport. We miss you Yasawa!

Room Tip: All the Bure locations are perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple