Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsbusiness tripexhibition centreprior to arrivalmtr stationnice hotelminutes walking distancetrade showrestaurant staffshuttle servicebusiness hotelstayed at this hotel for nightsshanghai expobed was comfortableshopping malltaxipudongconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The hotel does not have an "Outdoor Pool" although they list this as an amenity on the hotels official website. The funny thing is, I even chatted with a Holiday Inn representative online who took the time to call this hotel for me and confirm that their pool was just added in January and only open from 3pm - 9pm. After flying 20+ hours from Arizona and then arriving at the hotel, every employee I asked said that the hotel never had a swimming pool.

Besides the swimming pool issue, the hotel was not bad. The room was nice with two free water bottles replenished daily and a good selection of satellite TV channels (around 10 of them). However, the TV was definitely outdated. No wireless internet was available in the rooms but you could pay (I think 50+ RMB/day) for wired internet.

Overall, I might recommend this hotel for business travel but not for pleasure. There isn't a whole lot nearby and the subway station is rather far away. However, it is easy to get a taxi in front of the hotel.

After two nights, I decided to find a different hotel for the rest of my trip which was in a better location and cheaper. The main reason I had booked this hotel was for its pool. After my stay, I emailed Holiday Inn alerting them that the hotel's website was wrong. They replied saying they appreciated my comments but never fixed their website... This is my first experience staying at a Holiday Inn overseas and I probably will not do so again.

Room Tip: Sign up for their award program at check inn to get a free drink.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 214CJ
Ada W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear guest,
Greeting from Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are awfully sorry to hear about the issue you highlighted. We haven't swimming poor at all and sorry again for the wrong information made you confused and bring you any inconvenience.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Great location, five minute taxi ride to the Expo. Staff was excellent, everyone spoke English which made things easy. Food was good, the rooms were spacious and clean. Would recommend anyone going there who wants a centralized location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Ada W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear guest,
Warmest greetings from Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu!

Thank you so much for taking your time and effort to share your detail and positive comments of Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu here. It is indeed our great honor to receive such beautiful and encouraging feedback from our guest. It will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and to giving us the opportunity of serving you again!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Stayed here for trade show. Hotel is in Pudong but requires a 15-20 minute ride to the Shanghai New International Expo Center in Pudong (assuming no traffic jam). Bus service was offered to the show site.

While this is a Holiday Inn, it almost reaches the comfort levels of some Crowne Plaza hotels except for one critical area: The staff is very impersonal. Here is an example. While I booked and prepaid a non-smoking room 1 month in advance, the hotel said they could not offer a non-smoking room. (This seems to be an ongoing problem with this chain of hotels). The staff on the executive floor (a young lady) said it would take a time to make a smoking room ready for me. But, she said, it would not cost me any extra money. COME AGAIN? Why would she even make such a ludicrous statement? I pay one month in advance for a non-smoking room. But they will do me a favor by giving me a smoking room at no extra cost?! To be fair to the hotel, they did offer me a (smoking) suite. They thought I was quite agitated by the "no extra cost comment" but, in actuality, I was mildly irritated. I accordingly declined the suite.

As I suspect that most rooms are similar to Club level rooms (except maybe for maybe for a few amenities in the bath and selection of pillows), I must say that rooms at this hotel are quite comfortable and clean. Comfortable bed. Good desk. Lighting throughout (it could be a little brighter in the rooms), sound control in bath, modern/bright bath with tub (regular spout, hand spray and rain shower), CNC, HBO, iron, safe.

The lounge was not one of the best I have stayed at. Just like the staff, a bit cold (white chairs and tables). More like a clinic than a lounge.

As was expected, breakfast was good and adequate in selection but not 5 star standard. Interestingly enough, the buffet selection in the club lounge was almost the same as downstairs. I must say that the bacon was the best I have ever tasted in China. They also managed to get my eggs done over easy. Not an easy feat in Asia.

Diner at the western restaurant was acceptable but certainly not outstanding. Prices were moderate for high priced Shanghai. The restaurant staff was not overly attentive in view of the fact that the restaurant was nearly empty and again very impersonal. Could this be a language problem? If so, management should teach them to smile a little.

In all, a decent stay at a good hotel which I would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MTB_BIKE_MAN

Dear guest,
Warmest greetings from Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu!

we are looking forward to welcoming you back and deliver the high level of service that we strive for.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Holiday Inn Pudong Nanpu

My stay in this Hotel is 30days in one shot for business reasons. I am very satisfied with the service as well as with the possibility to move around. Taxis are in front of the Hotel and the subwaystation is approx. 10min walk away. To reach a bar area takes around 7 min by taxi which is ok. The industrial park Pudong New District is around 25 minutes away by taxi and depending on the traffic plus minus 5 minutes. Downtown by taxi is around 15min.
Breakfast is perfect, can get everything and the service is good and friendly too. Laundry can be done without thinking getting it back overwashed or damaged. It is also well packed.
Wireless lan as well as wired lan is available and works fine.

BR Alex

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Greeting from Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Nanpu!

Thank you very much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us, we have passed your comments on regarding our front desk and F&B staff who are always pleased to hear from satisfied guests.

We're looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards!

Reviewed 18 November 2011

hotel is ok , if you are lucky to find a room which is not noisy, and it is ok too if you can get an executive room , otherwise breakfast is not good because restaurant service is lazy
also in executive floor they are a little strange (maybe because of economical situation) ,if you bring 1 more guest with you for them the main concern is how to get the drinks paied insteed to show hospitality
overal service is fair, but very cold !!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business