I booked this hotel through a large third party website and was able to get a room with three beds for three adults, breakfast included for a very reasonable rate. The check-in was very quick and efficient and the staff were very pleasant. Our room was on the 11th floor and there was a marvelous security feature on the elevator which we all really liked. In order to make the elevator door open at your floor, you had to swipe your room keycard against a sensor on the keypad and then press your floor number. This prevents people who are not staying on your floor from accessing it.
The room was quite modern, the beds were very firm, the TV was a flat screen and the bathroom was lovely with a rain shower tap in the stall. The hotel walls were thin, so we could hear other peoples conversation etc, but aside from one evening of overhearing our neighbours intimate moments, it was relatively quiet. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant had a decent selection of multicultural foods and we enjoyed our visits.
The hotel is right around the corner from the airport bus station, so we took the bus from the airport and walked 100 yards. The airport bus was 22 Yuan per person. On the way back to the airport, we took the metro as the exit was just outside the hotel.The cost for that was 7 Yuan and took about an hour. With the traffic in Shanghai we didn't want to risk being late for our flight. The hotel is very conveniently located as we could walk to the subway, catch a cab or just walk to our destination. Cabs are very inexpensive and we picked up Metro cards for our use while there and were able to get the deposit refunded at Window 4 at the Maglev ticket office at the airport.
We did a day trip to Suzhou as well as a water village on the outskirts of Shanghai. Both were interesting.
All in all we enjoyed Shanghai and recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding in every way... ideal location for business and pleasure, facilities that are superbly grand, gracious service from staff who anticipate and meet your every need when you travel to Asia's most dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Grand Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Swissotel Grand Hotel Shanghai
- Shanghai Swissotel Grand Hotel