1,314 results
All reviews jing'an temple business hotel spa area business trip west nanjing road metro station nespresso machine star hotel executive floor excellent location central location concierge team lobby bar breakfast buffet stayed nights pudong airport spacious room
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I have stayed at Swissotel Shanghai for 5 nights when I relocated from Hong Kong to Shanghai. I was accompanied from my girlfriend who came over from Europe and who sincerely loved the hotel. I also was very happy with the Swissotel. Nicely situated near the MTR Jing'An Temple, great service (concierge helped me a lot to gain access to my new apartment here since my Chinese is a bit ruddy), very clean and from all 5 star hotels I have ever been to by far the most comfortable bed.
Also the large bathroom is very nice. Only problem is the expensive and rather slow WiFi. But this is more China than the hotel itself.

Make sure to get the upgrade for the Executive Room, when offered at Checkin and your budget allows it. WiFi will be included, so is a delicious intimate breakfast on the Executive Floor. Nice view, great service and no morning rush. All extremely relaxed. Nice touch of course are the drinks offered in the evening.

Spa is very fine as well, whirlpools gender separated, which is a bit of a bore, sauna and steam bath very clean.

Couldn't find any severe negative aspects of this hotel. Might not stay there again since I live here now but surely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get the executive rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Welcome to settling in Shanghai, and we are happy to know that our team member's service assist your relocation. Your highly praise and recommendation will drive us for a heart-felt service tou our guests consistly.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Nice hotel which we booked due to its proximity to the subway. First time we were using the brand and were skeptical on whether it would be kid friendly. However it turned out to be a very pleasant experience.

The lobby is attractive with the coffee shop located there. The check in was smooth and were escorted very graciously to our room on the club floor. The room was great with adequate space for a family of three. Contemporary design with super bed and bath, no complaints here.

The hotel is located next to the Jing’ An temple. There is mall between the temple and the hotel and you can access the metro station from the mall. In fact if you use the back entrance of the hotels (this has timings) you are only a few minutes from the metro. The metro is really good to reach all the sights and locations of interest.

The club floors are located on 2 floors with a stairway from the top floor leading into the club lounge where you can also check-in n out. The lounge itself is roomy with a double height ceiling and with a good variety on offer to suit most. The service in the lounge was super on both the days we were there.

Having stayed at JC earlier I found that overall the swissotel grand to be more international with good service standards. It made our Shanghai trip sweet and memorable. It will be my hotel of choice in Shanghai.

Room Tip: Go for the The Club floor it is worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

It's our great pleasure to have you becoming our guests and happy to know you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to your furture visits.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

My experience stay in September had a slight improvement front reception service.

I have shamed away from the executive lounge and service mainly their attitude; following their strict management instructions by the book made me feel very uncomfortable going to the executive lounge. My feeling is like the hotel is providing a "free" charity service, especially towards guests after check out.

There is no good hospitality service to guest after check out.

I feel the hotel's attitude towards budget expenditure control overrides the friendly worldwide Swissotel hospitality principles image. This attitude lower the 5 Stars service expected from a good managed hotel. Overall, the hotel staffs tried their best overcoming this bad management attitude instructions.

The hotel looks good from outside appearance but required better general management attitude service.

Room Tip: overall, all rooms have their own view of the city. I would prefer high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank adstone888
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Thank you for sharing with us your experience, we will look into your concern, and extend our Swiss hospitality to every distinguished guests.

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

I did not select the Swissotel but was bumped here from the Portman Ritz Carlton. Our trade mission group was split into two which was very inconvenient. Our biggest problem was no Internet connection over the two day visit. It was 'very busy- try again later' or 'not enough bandwidth' or 'poor signal in Shanghai'. I had a work commitment to correspond every morning and evening which I failed to do. I ended up going to the Ritz and connecting to the free wi fi in their lobby three times in desperation.

I lost my iPhone charger but the hotel could not lend me one! I asked 3 times over the two days eventually borrowing one from business colleagues. Very unhelpful staff.

When I got bumped to the this hotel, the Internet and breakfast I had prepaid were not included in the package. I did negotiate breakfast but never got Internet.

One great features of this hotel is the in room Nespresso machine. I very much appreciated a decent coffee after many frustrating conversations.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Gallasingery
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Every comment is a good comment as we value your feedback, and share with our associates to provide a better stay for our guests. We are happy to know your enjoy our coffee in the room.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Clearly, it's not the best I've ever been to, but it does fulfill its purpose!
For the price it was definitely ok, although I would avoid the breakfast there..
The WiFi policy is a pain in the ... but it does work well (compared to other hotels where the speed is just painfully slow).
The Location is perfect for Puxi, very close to Jing'An Temple and close to West Nanjing Road.

I definitely give it a recommendation!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your recommendation, and the wifi system is on progress to upgrade.