1,312 results
All reviews jing'an temple business hotel spa area business trip west nanjing road metro station nespresso machine star hotel executive floor excellent location central location concierge team lobby bar breakfast buffet stayed nights pudong airport spacious room
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Local taxi will charge you around 220 RMB from Pu Dong Airport. It was quite easy to find because of nearest landmark like Jing an temple. Had a great stay for 4 nights. Location is really the USP of this hotel. 1 minute walk to Subway/Metro. You can roam around nearest brand outlets and fake super markets in nanjing road. In general Good behavior & attentive service. Awesome breakfast options with european-chinese-continental mix. Beds are quite comfortable. Nice lobby in front with good ambiance. Biggest turnoff was security deposit though we had a corporate business deal with Swissotel Grand. Television is quite useless as most of them are fulled with Chinese channels. facebook is banned, otherwise internet is fast. Hopefully will stay again in March 2014.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sourav D
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Sourav D,

We do appreciate you for this feedback and sharing details with us.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our great breakfast, as well as the comfortable bed and our lobby’s ambiance. In particular, our excellent location did provide you a convenient access to wherever you preferred.

We look forward to welcoming your return in March.

Warm Regards,

Coco Wan

PR & Communications Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I recently stayed at Swissôtel GRAND Shanghai and was left with nothing but a great impression of Swissôtel. Great service and lovely location meant that I had access to all major parts of the city without hassle. Located above metro lines 2 & 7 meant that I didn’t have to go far to get around town.
The team at the hotel looked after me and nothing was too much trouble. From Front Desk to Concierge and all other areas like restaurant and room service were extremely accommodating and made me feel welcome and comfortable – and safe, especially as a woman traveling alone. Good sized bedrooms and the bathrooms were great – separate bath and shower, which is a rare find in Shanghai 5 star hotels especially in Jing’ An.
The Poire Williams mojitos in the lobby bar are to die for!
I will be surely travelling back to Shanghai in the near future and will without doubt be looking to stay at this hotel – it has all that I need, and more!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear rosannamontalbano,

Warm greetings from Swissôtel Grand Shanghai.

We would like to extend our most sincere appreciation for you coming to stay with us as well as for taking the time to share these wonderful comments.

We are absolutely delighted that you had such a memorable experience and were able to take advantage of our unbeatable location and warm hospitality. Especially, our team members made you feel comfortable and safe to stay with us. It is also great to see that you got to enjoy our Flow Lounge & Bar with your favorite drink of Poire Williams Mojitos.

Again thank you very much and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Coco Wan

PR & Communications Manager

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Swissotel Shanghai Grand is well-located near the main tourist attractions and shopping malls, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel tremendously, that is once I got myself oriented. Initially had some difficulty trying to locate the hotel upon arrival (via Maglev, then alight at subway line 2's "Jing An station". Takes less than 45 minutes one-way to/from Pudong airport), only to realize the most direct route would be to leave the subway station via exit 3, walk straight then turn left, walk straight somemore, the hotel is on your left. Takes about 3 minutes to get to the hotel.

Via taxi, show the driver the hotel's address in Chinese, or tell them it's Swissotel at #1 Yu Yuan Road (BTW there is another main attraction that goes by Yu Yuan too, two different places altogether), near Jing An station. FYI, line 7 stops at Jing An too. People's Square and Nanxing West Road are merely a stop or two away.

The hotel room was spotless and spacious, bed was comfortable, LCD TV came with international news channels like CNN and BBC. The room was equipped with everything you could possibly need- mini bar, kettle, mini fridge, wardrobe with hangers, extra pillows etc. Even though I had no use for it, I was particularly impressed when I stumbled upon an umbrella in the wardrobe. And finally, a powerful-enough hairdryer that doesn't take eons to dry hair! There was a reclining couch next to the windows, and a functional working desk should you need to work.

Other plus points would be complimentary in-room wifi, complimentary bottled water, odour-/bleach-free towels and full length mirrors!

I do have a tiny issue with the room's air-conditioning though, could never set it to the temperature I wanted, not sure if temperatures in all rooms are centrally-controlled, but it got a little stuffy some nights.

I was in SH the last few days of December/ early January, enjoyed nearly a week of good, cooling weather, if you don't mind walking, you could walk to some of the main tourist attractions. Also, there are quite a few good cafes/ restaurants within walking distance. I wouldn't suggest dining at the hotel's steakhouse though, had New Year Eve's dinner there, as much as I don't mind paying for a good meal, but to fork out more than 500RMB for that substandard meal was not worth it. There are probably better steakhouses around the vicinity.

Hotel staffs are generally keen to assist. Ask for a map of SH from the reception or concierge, that could come in useful.

If you need your Starbucks fix like I do, the nearest one is located at basement level 1, at Reel (shopping mall that carries luxury labels like Balenciaga, Moncler, Alexander Wang to name a few) right across the road. Also, there are quite a number of good dining options at Reel.

Would stay at Swissotel again should I return to Shanghai!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear kryptful,

It's a great pleasure to have you with us during this holiday season and to bring in the New Year.

On behalf of all the team members here at the Swissôtel Grand Shanghai, I would like to extend my most sincere appreciation for you coming to stay with us and take the time to share with us such a detailed and wonderful review about our location, room facilities.

I will share this wonderful feedback with the entire team. This is a nice example we work so hard to achieve and satisfy our guests..

We are greatly looking forward to your return and we wish you all the best until then.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Have stayed here 3 times in the last two years when visiting China on business. It is a very good hotel with good food, particularly if you are a westerner and not used to Asian food, you will be fine here. The executive rooms with lounge access are worth the extra. Good levels of service and in a fairly good location, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear JWM49,

New Year Greetings from Swissôtel Grand Shanghai. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for us and we are pleased to know that we are your preferred hotel to stay when you travel here.

It was so nice to hear that you enjoyed our Executive Room with club benefits and other facilities, food, especially our services and location.

We are look forward to your return soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Nice rooms, clean and most of all working desk where you could actually work. Staff was answering all my questions and gave good hints & directions for the nearby locations. The hotel itself is quite nicely located and has several shopping possiblities nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear MarkoS795961,

I do appreciate you for submitting this feedback of your recent stay at Swissôtel Grand Shanghai. This will allow us to recognize our team members for a job well done.

We are happy to know that you had a great time enjoying our excellent location, room facilities and heart-felt services in particular.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,