Our friends and relatives advised us to choose another hotel from another district when we told them that we were going there on vacation in Shanghai with our 11 year old son.Having got a last minute deal on airfares, we decided to give it a try as the hotel looked nice and was inexpensive.One week before departure, we collected as many tips as possible on internet.We also downloaded the address of the hotel in Chinese and showed it to the taxi driver who dropped us there without any difficulty though it was getting dark.We checked in easily and were given a non smoking room on the 18th floor.This hotel was beyond our expectations.our room (same as that on the website) was very clean, comfortable and serviced every day by a smiling lady whom we often met during our 11 nights stay.The daily complimentary two bottles of water was really appreciated as in our country they would be highly charged. Breakfast was included in the price and though it was repetitive, there was always enough to fill us till lunch.However, one morning, the hotel seemed to be invaded by groups of children who were on vacation and it took us some time to have a seat.There were also some nice places nearby where we tasted some good local food.We also made great use of the free internet in the lobby.The DIY laundry and ironing on the 3rd floor was a blessing as we did not bring many clothes.We made use of taxis(whom the reception desk called) and the nearby subway to get around.as we don't speak any Chinese, we always had the address we wanted to visit written in Chinese.The staff was always friendly and very helpful.special thanks to Zoe and Thomas.Overall, we found this hotel very good and inexpensive.Hope to come back someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the good-value Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Zhabei for a convenient location and transport links, 15 minutes by taxi from Nanjing Road.The staff at the high-rise Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Zhabei hotel offer a warm welcome on your arrival, 30 minutes by taxi from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport. Only a 5-minute walk from Shanghai railway station and subway station, this modern hotel is in the downtown Puxi area of Shanghai. You can surf the web with complimentary high-speed Internet in the comfort of your spacious, air-conditioned Guest room.Hit the glitzy malls and quirky shops of Shanghai's famous Nanjing Road for elegant Chinese tea sets and new Asian fashions. Dinner and drinks await at the bars and restaurants in entertainment hotspot Xintiandi, 20 minutes' drive from Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Zhabei.Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Zhabei has 2 meeting rooms with great views that you can use to host events for up to 60 people. Drop by the 24-hour Business Centre to print your documents and prepare for meetings. The Shanghai New International Expo Centre is a short subway ride away.Refuel with a hearty Chinese spread including congee, noodles and fresh fruit at our complimentary breakfast buffet, prepared daily in the stylish Great Room. For tips on where to find the tastiest dumplings in Shanghai, just ask our friendly Front Desk staff.Enjoy value for money at Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Zhabei. All of our comfortable Guest rooms are at least 32-sq-metres in size and have complimentary high-speed Internet. Our breakfast buffet is also complimentary and lets you kick start your day with a generous meal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Zhabei Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Zhabei Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Express Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Shanghai
- Shanghai Holiday Inn