“Not too far from Airport but everything else” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jinjiang Inn Shanghai Pudong Airport Second

Jinjiang Inn Shanghai Pudong Airport Second
Ranked #206 of 4,968 Hotels in Shanghai
Chennai
“Not too far from Airport but everything else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel is not far away from airport with a short drive but not close to any other place of interest / business makes it a better choice for transit. I stayed there for a night when I landed at Shanghai at late night and planned to go to Jiading next day morning to avoid night journey.

The hotel is good and staff too makes your stay comfortable. Also better value for money compared to other airport hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shenyang, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Landed in Shanghai with the intention of taking a connecting flight to the US. Unfortunately, because my arrival was delayed, I had missed my flight out. I had to be rebooked for a flight the next day so the airline put me in for the night.
The airport shuttle was already parked outside Departures and the driver did not know any English, but was helpful with my luggage nonetheless. The bus ride from the airport was short- only about 10 mins and we arrived at the hotel.
Check-In was immediate and fast. The staff spoke fluent English and were friendly. What disturbed me though was that I was told I may have to share a two-bed room with another lay-over passenger (or consider the other option of my own bedroom at a price of 180RMB). Since I was willing to accommodate the company (free hotel stay!), I opted to share the room.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable! There were two beds: 1 double and 1 single beds. Since I seemed to be the 1st to arrive I took ownership on the larger of the two (hehe!) Turned out that I had the whole room to myself that night too!
The bathroom was also clean and all the textiles were white and spotless.
A drawback was the sounds coming from the windows from other rooms on the floor. The wind kept blowing through the other rooms and making disturbing ("scary", in kids' words) sounds even with my room door shut. It didn't seem to bother me while I was sleeping; my slumber was great.
I was really impressed with the complimentary Wi-Fi in the bedroom and lobby!
There is also a Chinese restaurant, serving A la carte, and a buffet breakfast in the mornings. The dinner menu was considerably expensive (in my opinion) but I enjoyed the service and food.
The hotel is a very short distance from the Pudong Airport; getting to the city is also easy! A 5-min walk from the hotel is the HaiTianSan Metro stop (Line 2).
If I'm ever stuck at Pudong Airport for an overnight, I will definitely consider spending my night here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Overall a good hotel, reception were helpful and checked us in promptly after a long flight (we arrived at 2am). Rooms were spacious and clean only problem was the rooms stuck like cigarette smoke.

Good value for money and would recommend if wanting an airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We used this for 1 night only, between flights. It's perfect for that, with its proximity to the airport and free shuttle. However, check-in was a mess: late at night, only 2 clerks trying to deal with a long line up and constant phone calls. Also, while we enjoyed the comfortable beds, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. Gross.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caminoista
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Took a long distance bus from hangzhou to Pudong Airport 1, then transfer via hotel shuttle to Hotel - quite convenient.
Tips & Advice
1 - Pudong Airport has Terminal 1 and 2. Not sure whether they are closely connected - Anyway - we landed at T2 - Found our way to Maglev Train station and transfer to Shanghai.
2 - At hangzhou we need to move to JinJiang Inn (remember, this is JJ Inn Pudong II or second) there is another hotel of the same name (supposedly named pudong 1 (i guess).). Reason bcos we need to catch an 0800hrs flight. The Airport shuttle service starts at 5.35am, so it suit us fine. (shuttle runs every 30mins interval).
3 - how to get to pudong airport from hangzhou - take a cab to Yellow Dragon Stadium - buy ticket from the counter (RMB 110) - journey is 3 hours (with a 10min toilet break & quite bite).
4 - The Bus will drop you at Pudong T1. Dont look for T2, just look for exit 5 or 6 (marked with red arrow on the sign board). We find exit 5 and follow sign to Airport Bus - 1 level below. At this level you look for EXIT no.6 (shuttle pick up point) and the JinJiang Inn hotel counter is just opposite this EXIT.
5 - No amenities at this area, all guest end up eating at the hotel's restaurant (which closes at 9.30pm). The food is quite good, except the xiao long pao is way below standard. Price very reasonable.
6 - Some reviews complain about the noise from the planes, but we hear nothing. Maybe its because our rooms does not face the runway.

Room Tip: Basically there is nothing to do here - just waiting for your flight.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank clivecheng88
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel is a short 3 to 5 minute ride by taxi or shuttle bus from Pudong Airport making it ideal if you arrive late or have to leave on an early morning flight. The shuttle bus is available every 30 to 40 minutes from Gate 6 in Terminal 1 only. The hotel counter is right inside gate 6 in Terminal 1. The hotel also has left luggage facility if you have to travel away for a day or two and then return back to Pudong.

The rooms are basic and nothing fancy but comfortable. The staff caters to mainly Chinese customers and spoken English is not easily understood. The restaurant closes at 9.30 pm and so if you arrive late at Pudong and are checking in, it is a good idea to complete dinner at the airport itself. The menu is also primarily Chinese and vegetarians will have a difficult time finding anything to eat. The breakfast costing RMB 25 was adequate but no choice of Western breakfast items except basic breads and cake.

The hotel has no walking options for any grocery or convenient stores and so it is recommended to stock up at the airport itself.

The hotel is recommended for airport convenience for a day or two. However if spending a longer time in Shanghai, it might be better to explore other options.

To get to town, you can use the metro station (on Line 2) which is about a 15 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MRPMumbai
Whanganui, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was booked in here by an airline. They offered me a room for the night and said they would cover the cost. When I arrived at the hotel they had no record until checking with the back room. Then they wanted additional fees (equivalent to the standard room rate advertised) as they said the room I had received had to be shared. This was NOT what the airline discussed. They also said I had to share with a smoker as there was no non-smoking single people. I am a fervent non-smoker and this was not acceptable. Equally they refused to call the airline to clarify and then refused me the non-smoking room on my own. They also spoke about me quite rudely to each other in Chinese, thinking as a foreigner I would not understand - extremely poor customer service!

I left to find another hotel and was extremely glad I did.

Room Tip: My only tip would be to try elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business