“Sofitel Business Stay - 4 days”

Sofitel Shanghai Sheshan Oriental
Ranked #90 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wells River, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I needed a place to go to as the building I was in would be without heat, power, or water. The Sofitel had all of that, plus luxury, service, good food and a salon to boot. The check in was smooth, the facilities were superb, and I enjoyed the stay. Many thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter T
SofitelSheshan, General Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Sheshan Oriental, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Peter T,

Thank you very much for your review highlighting your positive experience during your recent stay at the Sofitel Shanghai Sheshan Oriental.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comment, your satisfaction is always our pursuit.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sheshan soon.

Providenciales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Sofitel Shanghai staff have absolutely no concept of how to make a customer happy. My recent experience at the Sofitel was the worst experience I have had at any supposedly high end hotel anywhere in the world. The problem is that the staff are trained only to enforce the rules only and anything else completely confuses them. The concept that you should make your customers happy is as foreign to them as I am.

On a beautiful October day while waiting outside the hotel for a group of 10 friends to arrive, I was first advised by a rude outside "security guard" that I could not lie on the grass. I moved into one of the gazebo's that flanks the entrance and was told that I also could not lie down there. When I basically ignored this information the security guard got a "manager" who indeed confirmed that I could not lie down on the bench seats in the Gazebo and told me that I could lie down in the lobby (really? Really? I should have done that just to see how well that worked out) but that lying down outside was forbidden (no lying by the pool then I guess?)

This is a hotel that does not want their guests to enjoy themselves, clearly. I have been eating lunch in this hotel many times per year for the past 3 years with between 1 and 10 of my friends and colleagues on a regular basis but clearly we are not wanted here and will take our business elsewhere. The food and service which I have eaten on previous visits to to the hotel is substandard so we are missing very little.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Nanjing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

What a charming family- friendly resort, by far one of my favorite hotel i have stayed. Mediterranean Style architecture, amazing large area of outdoor beach pool with kids amusement, we spent our time drinking wine near the pool and taking leisurely walking through surprisingly big garden. Staffs are always friendly and attentive, room was clean and private, i noted pool-side room have direct access to the pool of course the price to pay. There are many food choice where you can find in the restaurant, food quality was delicious as expected. First choice hotel to stay if you want get away from busy city life and being closer to the natural with family.
We love the Sofitel Sheshan and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SofitelSheshan, General Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Sheshan Oriental, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Ser7ena,

Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at the Sheshan Sofitel and upgraded to the club suite rooms. The hotel is beautiful with an outdoor beach, but the food service (if you don't order from the buffet) is terrible. Too bad. We wanted room service but they would not allow us to order from the kids menu. The kids were hungry at 5 o'clock but they would not open the restaurant until 5:30. 2 hours to get a meal is too long.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Kevh23,

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your valuable feedback on your recent experience with us at Sofitel Shanghai Sheshan Oriental.

We have passed your comments to our management team and the concerned department, then, more professional training and relevant care will be developed, we try to improve our service and quality to ensure guests satisfaction.

I would like to apologize again for your unpleasant experience; we truly appreciate your patience and understanding. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your valuable feedback, which certainly helps us improve and achieve the best standards. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sheshan soon again.