Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai
US$125
US$98
US$351
  • Pool
All reviewsthe club loungethumb plazacorner roomfake marketbusiness tripconvention centerlobby restaurantnice business hotelplatinum memberminute walklate at nightexcellent breakfastconcierge deskpudong airportthe ground floorexcellent hotelshopping area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

After staying at this hotel many times on business returning to the CP Century Park feels like a Shanghai home away from home.
It has been sometime since my last visit and to see the friendly old faces and some new ones is always comforting.
From check in to check out is what i have become accustomed to, great service
friendly faces and the willingness to help by all members of the staff.
The upgrade to a Suite was a surprise kind gesture shown to me and greatly
appreciated a thanks to Nigel once again.
For those who do not want to be on the Puxi side of the river and would like to be in a quieter part of Shanghai (yes it is possible) i would recommend the CP Century Park as the place to stay

Keep up the great work and see you again soon

Room Tip: Club Level rooms or Corner Suites
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mr. Paul B,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
I was grateful to meet you again during your last visit and will certainly pass on your positive feedback to the entire hotel team.
You quite rightly pointed out that our location lends itself to be a small oasis in the fascinating and bustling city of Shanghai, however still with adequate attractions and activities close by to occupy any free time you may have.
Thanks again for providing us this valuable feedback and we appreciate you choosing The Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai.
We certainly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerely yours,.
Nigel R Edwards

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed with IGH hotel for over then years and this it the first time that I was told to pay a restaurant bill in cash or local credit card, as it is independent to the hotel . In fact, the Japanese restaurant is in the second floor and outsiders are unable to access without going through the hotel lobby, then take the hotel lift/elevator. The restaurant is even listed in the hotel's Guest Service and Facilities that put in the desk of my room. I don't have cash or local credit card and I am not allowed to sign the bill. They should put a sign outside the restaurant to tell everyone the rule, not after I finished my dinner.

In addition, countless defaults, including unstable water pressure and temperature that you need to finish bath within twenty seconds, noisy air-conditioning, dated decor, unresponsive staff.....

If I don't have to stay close to Pudong for meeting to avoid traffic jam in the morning, I shall definitely stay away from this hotel and choose Hotel Indigo in the other side of Shanghai. The difference of Heaven and Hell.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with stable water pressure and temperature, especially in winter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Allan H
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Allan H,
Thank you for taking your time to share with us the experience of your recent stay here in Shanghai. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused which is totally uncompromising with our aim to provide a great experience and value to our guests.
As you mentioned the Japanese restaurant is operated by an independent party so we will obviously meet with the responsible parties to explain the unacceptable behavior and inconvenience that you endured. I am apologetic that the restaurant in question did not contact our hotel service team immediately to enquire if the hotel could have helped facilitate the transaction. I will ensure this instruction is passed on and followed up.
The team and I are also concerned with the other issues that you have highlighted so please be assured that we will look into to them with diligence. I would be pleased to continue this dialogue in more depth. As we do not have your personal details and if you have a spare moment I would appreciate you contacting me on the following email address. nigel.edwards@ihg.com
Once again we regret to learn of your disappointment and hope you would allow us another opportunity to serve you better and enjoy our hospitality as many before have and expressed on this forum.

Sincerely yours,.
Nigel Edwards.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for weekend with my wife after staying in Sheraton for a week. The color in Crown Plaza looks nice but defect is room hardware. The shower water flow is not constant and temperature is also changed during taking shower. It is not a good experience. Only highlight is pillow change speed and speed for check out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Justin Ye,

Thank you for taking your time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased you recognized our service during your staying. The satisfaction and comfort of our guests is of paramount importance. Please be assured that your comments regarding shower in guest room will be passed to senior management for improvement.
Despite the disappointments we trust your visit to Shanghai was a successful one, thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai. We appreciate very much your support and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights. The room are spacious, will maintained and furnished. The staff is excellent and highly service oriented. Food is great. Bring centrally located is the biggest advantage. Close proximity to shopping centres, tourist places, pubs & restaurants makes it a great place to stay. Rooms are priced reasonably well. Spa is good but expensive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Sony S,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your extended stay with us, we truly appreciate your feedback.
I am pleased you believed the rooms were priced reasonably nd you enjoyed the food in our restaurant. I will pass on your comments to the Spa Company as it is operated independently from the hotel.
As you mentioned, our hotel is located in Pudong, the heart of the new business area of Shanghai, 10 minutes to Metro Line 2 and Metro Line 9 is only 5 minutes from the hotel, it is ideally located for both a business and leisure visit.
Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon. Your comments have been shared with the entire team.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for almost a month during a work trip. The hotel manager was always social, and even helped me get tickets to the F1 grand prix. The entire staff was always smiling and kind.

The breakfast is perfect. I've actually never had a hotel breakfast that I enjoyed this much. There is enough choice that I never got bored.

Staff helped me get a taxi every morning, room was always clean, had a newspaper on my door every morning.

The room was clean and attractive, the bed was clean. Not much of a view from my room, but there is no issue with that.

Overall I would say the hotel runs a tight ship, and gets my A+!

Room Tip: make use of the gym, it's actually quite good. Always take advantage of the breakfast, there is something for everyone.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew3636,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your month long stay with us. We are truly grateful for your comments and they obviously will be passed to the entire hotel team.
I was really pleased to have been of assistance with the tickets, you sounded as though you had a great time at the F1, made even more interesting I am sure but the trip back and forth. This would have made for a true Shanghai experience which hopefully will remain with you for some time.
My colleagues and I are delighted you enjoyed your breakfast in the Park Café, we are constantly evaluating both our food and service so once again thank you for providing this valuable feedback. We are also glad you made use of our fitness center, burning of the breakfast no doubt.
We highly appreciate your support and business and anticipate welcoming you back again soon. I will ensure we improve on the view!!