“Never ceases to amaze me” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai

Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai
Ranked #136 of 4,969 Hotels in Shanghai
Beijing, China
“Never ceases to amaze me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just came back from a 5 day stay at Shanghai's Century Park Crowne Plaza. Wanted to go somewhere to just unwind and relax after a tedious 10 days. So having had such a tremendous stay before I called the Club Lounge and talked to "Colln" told him what days I was going to go down. Asked him if Kathy the club mgr was there he told me she was off temporarily because she had a baby. I asked him if he remembered me from the last time he said he did.I told him that Kathy took very good care of me, and he assured me of the same courtesy. I told him I wanted an upgraded room on the club floor . He assured me that he would have an excellent room for me.
Which he did. The staff except Colin, was all relatively new. But very dedicated to makers your stay an enjoyable one. The room was a suite on the 25th floor day I arrived from New York it was about 6:15 PM. And he room was ready with a welcome note and a plateful of fruit wishing my stay to be enjoyable. While I was there after checking in I indulged in the spirits and some hot hors d'vors.in the club lounge. Everyone was attentive and talked to me like a long lost friend to make me comfortable. Where ever I went there was a smiling face greeting me.the breakfasts and evening snacks were delightful to say the least.
I met and talked with several people from all over the world and created new founded friendships.
Would still rate it among the favorite places to go.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Dawei13,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your stay with us, we truly appreciate your feedback.
I am pleased you enjoyed guest room and club lounge. I will personally thank Colin and the new team in the Club Floor. The satisfaction and comfort of our guests is of paramount importance and I am sure your comments will encourage them further.

I trust your visit to our city was successful one and the hotel was able to provide the necessary essentials for your trip. Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

A regular visitor to Shanghai, China. Hotels around Century Park area are the choice of stay for me. This hotel has a good atmosphere and better rooms compared to its neighbour Renaissance. The most amazing thing was the 3'o Clock complimentary breakfast I ordered due to Ramadan Suhoor. Another additional benefit is that hotel is just 15 mins walk away from Century park underground. I will definitely come back here.

Room Tip: Choose club floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Abbas M
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

As a regular visit, my room is always prepared well before my arrival, with a welcome card with my name on it by GM. As a golden card member of priority club and a regular visitor, most of the time I have been upgraded. Recently, I noticed the breakfast had some improvement in terms of quality and types of choice. I can also ask my favoraite earl grey tea served in breakfast. The bed is always comfortable, the quilt is always the right thinkness to the season. The Luxury suite is worth of trying, at the corner of the building, the view is great. The swimming pool is quiet and has glass ceiling, you can enjoy the sun light in the pool. The beach chair there could be draged outdoors on the platform to enjoy the sunlight and hot weather. I enjoyed my stay every time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bowie Y
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Bowie Y,

Welcome back and thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your stay with us again, we truly appreciate your feedback.
The entire team will be pleased to learn that the overall product and services met your expectations and that the changes we are making with breakfast have been noted. I must agree with you regarding the pool area, such a tranquil spot to enjoy some relaxation so I am glad you had time to take advantage of this.
Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon. Your comments have been shared with the entire team.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for business during ITMA. Facilities excellent, staff very attentive. Nigel, the GM at this hotel has done a wonderful job developing a high standard in all areas. Definitely staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear ianash,

It was a pleasure having you and your associates stay with us, we hope we were able to contribute in a small way to your successful business trip.
I am exceedingly fortunate to have a fantastic team who all play a critical part in providing the experience you encountered. I will certainly pass on your gratitude.
Thank you again for taking time to pass on your comments, also be assured we value your business and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been staying at this Crowne Plaza for about three years and it seems to get better every time. It is not in the city center but the location is perfect if you business keeps you in Pudong and still very convenient to downtown Shanghai or the Bund by a short inexpensive taxi.

I love the quiet location, close to dining and night life at thumb square and century park. The rooms not generally my style but the are large and well kept. I absolutely hate the work desk in the room, mostly because I always seem to hit my knees on them!

For me though it is the service that really shines. From check in to check out they just do an excellent job. When I came up to my room the Hotel General Manager Mr. Edwards and his staff were in my room making sure everything was just right. I love the fruit and personal note from him and it really shows his commitment in making each guest stay truly wonderful.

The club room staff is wonderful as well, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Logan Goulagny and he really strove to make every guest welcome and taken care of. I wish him luck in his career in the hotel industry.

The value for this hotel is very good as well!

I can't recommend highly enough this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Scpenquin,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to have met you upon your arrival.
The team will be thrilled to receive your positive feedback; it helps in guiding us in the right direction and encourages empowerment. I will also personally thank Logan; he is a true ambassador and contributes a huge amount to our service quality as other before have commented.
You quite rightly pointed out that our location lends itself to be a small oasis in the fascinating and bustling city of Shanghai, however still with adequate attractions and activities close by to occupy any free time you may have.
Thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai. We truly appreciate your business, value your support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

Nigel R Edwards
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

the location isnt the best not much around the hotel but the train station is a 10 min walk that connects you to everywhere , good breakfast and very clean rooms, all in all a very good business hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear azmat7,

The entire team will be pleased to learn that the overall product and services met your expectations and that you enjoyed breakfast.
I trust your visit to our city was successful one and the hotel was able to provide the necessary essentials for your business trip. Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

Perth Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

After staying at this hotel many times on business returning to the CP Century Park feels like a Shanghai home away from home.
It has been sometime since my last visit and to see the friendly old faces and some new ones is always comforting.
From check in to check out is what i have become accustomed to, great service
friendly faces and the willingness to help by all members of the staff.
The upgrade to a Suite was a surprise kind gesture shown to me and greatly
appreciated a thanks to Nigel once again.
For those who do not want to be on the Puxi side of the river and would like to be in a quieter part of Shanghai (yes it is possible) i would recommend the CP Century Park as the place to stay

Keep up the great work and see you again soon

Room Tip: Club Level rooms or Corner Suites
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Paul B,

I was grateful to meet you again during your last visit and will certainly pass on your positive feedback to the entire hotel team.
Thanks again for providing us this valuable feedback and we appreciate you choosing The Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai.
We certainly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerely yours,.