“Great suite with wonderful view!”

Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai
Ranked #12 of 324 Speciality Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband was sent to Shanghai for three weeks and decided to take our daughter and me on this trip. We looked at many hotels before our friend told us about service apartment. We decide to go to Fraser Suites because close to work for my husband, but when we check in and went to our three bedroom suite on the 29 floor, we were so happy! The suite had a fully equipment kitchen, so I could cook many meals for my family. The view of the Huang Pu river and famous BUND was so wonderful! There was an indoor pool with a fun children pool and slide my daughter loved. The outside was green and also had a nice playground. The suites were very large and very comfortable. Location was close to shopping mall and many nice restaurants. We really liked that we were so close to the ferry boat to the Puxi district of Shanghai. Breakfast everyday was full of good Asain and Western food and the staff very friendly. The suites were very clean and my daughter loved the cleaning staff, they were so friendly! We had a great time and our family feel so much like home here. I will tell all my friend about Fraser Suites in Shanghai.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Miko T
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Miko T,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally reply to your very nice comments here on TripAdvisor. I was so happy to hear that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay and that the Fraser Team did their best to make you feel at "home" while you were here. I have heard from the staff they your daughter was so very cute and that the room attendants miss her smile. My team and I all hope that your trip back to home in Japan was pleasant and that you have since settled down and are enjoying the beautiful 'Sakura' which are blossoming throughout Japan now. We hope you will stay in touch and we look forward to the time when you will once again return to Shanghai and hopefully decide to stay with us here at Fraser Suites, Shanghai once again. Thank you very much for the very kind review, we are happy that you and your family were happy while you were here in Shanghai. Sincerely, Jim Costa, General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband, three children and I just moved from Shanghai where we lived at Fraser Suites for almost three years. Our time there was nothing short of amazing and we all hated to leave our Shanghai "home". Our apartment was a large three bedroom unit on the 21st floor. We had a spectacular view of the famous Bund and the "Mother River" better known as the Huang Pu River. The apartment had a great kitchen, which as you might guess with three children, I and our Ayi spent a considerable amount of time. My daughter loved the indoor kid's playground and she especially loved Nancy! The wives at Frasers had a great sense of community and even recently started a "WeChat" group to share upcoming events and enjoy an occasional group lunch together. Location was great, since we were so close to the malls and the super markets. The international school buses all stop at the lobby, so this too made life a little less stressful for me and my children. The staff was the "BEST" and always went out of their way to assist us with anything we needed help with. If you are moving to Shanghai and have the opportunity to stay in Pudong, you must check out Fraser Suites, you won't be disappointed, I PROMISE!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Mickey W
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stay with my family during the Chinese New Year. Book two bedroom apartment, fantastic view and nice apartment, can see the whole Huang Pu River. More easy to go to the shopping mall and supermaket. Will recommend my friend to choose this apartment in Shanghai!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Not one to write reviews on social media sites, I had to make an exception in this case! My family and I have lived at Frasers now for almost a year and we have found it to be everything we were promised. Our apartment has a wonderful view of the Huang Pu River and famous Bund and the complex is located in the heart of the financial district. There are plenty of shops and supermarkets for my wife to get essentials and even splurge every now and then. The fitness facilities and pools are great and my kids love the indoor pool. They provide a solid daily breakfast with both local and international foods. But, probably the most important comment is about the staff. Joanna, Kevin and Mura from reception have been great. The housekeeping staff that cleans are apartment daily are proficient, friendly and have become part of our family in many respects. I can highly recommend Fraser Suites, Shanghai to any family thinking of relocating to Shanghai. You won't be disappointed !

Room Tip: Any floor above the 9th offers a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Ed J,

I wanted to take a moment to personally "Thank You" for the very nice comments about your time here with Fraser Suites, Top Glory. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and of course the entire team was delighted to know that you and your family have found a "home away from home" while living here in Shanghai. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your family and hope that the rest of your time here will be as enjoyable as it has been so far. For our part, we will promise to continue to look for better ways to do things and to work hard to make you and your family feel right at home. Thank you again!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had the good fortune to be a resident there for 14 months ending at the first of 2014. I'm not big on writing reviews, but this place deserves the credit. We looked at several locations to live in Pudong and luckily settled on this property after dodging a couple of bullets. It is ideally located and for a furnished apartment superb. We were higher up in building 7. Good views, staff is great (Hansom, Ben, Miria, Cindy, Becky, etc.), and very close to all the good shopping and grocery stores. An added benefit is that it is within walking distance of very good restaurants, especially Kafer, almost directly across the street.

Also, our apartment was very spacious at 300 sq. meters. Not cheap, but if your company will spring for it, you should give it a look. Near perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Michael H,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for the nice comments you made in your recent TripAdvisor review. I have also personally spoken with the team about your comments and your experience while you were a resident here with us to let them know how much you appreciated their efforts to make Shanghai and Fraser's feel just like home. I know that many of the staff had become very close to you and your wife and they often speak fondly of you both. I want to take this opportunity to wish you both a great year and to also say that we look forward to staying in touch with you now that you have become part of the Fraser Family!

Have a wonderful year Michael and Julia! WE all miss you here at Fraser Suites!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We have been living at the Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai for 5 years and we cannot imagine living in another place. We can only warmly recommend the Fraser Suites !

The location is ideally located in Lujiazui, best location in Pudong, in the heart of the bank and business district. We are facing the Huangpu river, closed to the Oriental Pearl tower, the Jin Mao tower, the International Finance center and the future highest tower the Shanghai tower. The Super Brand Mall and IFC are 5 minutes walking as well as plenty of restaurants, markets and shops. Puxi and its main interesting places as the Former French concession, Yu Garden, the Bund ... are reached by ferry or by car in a few minutes. Both airports are 30 to 45 minutes by car.

The architecture is brilliant, modern and well thought. The apartments are spacious and offer different designs. Ours is perfect, modern, spacious, light and has a direct unique and beautiful wonderful view on the Huangpu river, the Bund and Puxi. Housekeeping is offered every day, housekeepers are efficient, discrete and so nice. The property is absolutely well managed with many services, friendly and professional front desk, safety guards and camera assure a discrete but strong security even the location is quite safe, engineers technical and IT come immediately on call, water delivery and laundry, free Internet, breakfast, restaurant, room service... Absolutely every service you may need is offered. Professionalism, kindness and refined elegant hospitality!

What also makes the Fraser Suites a unique place in Shanghai is the strong community living here. Many events strengthen this atmosphere :the parties for the festivals from all around the world, kids parties, tea afternoons, our monthly magazine, many classes from Chinese, badminton, music to Tai Chi, field trips...Two swimming pools, one inside with toboggan, one outside with sun places, swimming classes, tennis court...barbecues in the gardens...

We are fortunate with the management team who works tirelessly to offer us this comfort, this perfection and this serenity.

The Fraser Suites Top Glory is a dream !

Room Tip: Choose an apartment with a nice view on the Huangpu river
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear MMcK3,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say how much both my team and I appreciated the very kind comments you made on your recent TripAdvisor review of the Fraser Suites, Top Glory. While we may not be perfect, we are continually looking at ways to improve both the quality of the product and the service we provide to you and your family while you are here. Our goal is to make your stay a trouble free and memorable experience where you truly feel that you are at your "home away from home". We continue to look forward to serving you and hope that the rest of your stay with us will be as nice as it has been so far. Thank you again for the nice comments.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Now on multiple visits, Fraser Suites offers a varied experience based on check in time of day and what rooms are available. Overall Fraser is great all round quality versus cost and has our repeat visits.

Some rooms and some views are much nicer than others. Check room options, you may find something nicer for the same price or lower. Whilst the staff at breakfast are very helpful and friendly the actual food quality is pretty low.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family