“Best thing about our 2 year stay in Shanghai!”

Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
“Best thing about our 2 year stay in Shanghai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Living in Fraser Suites for 2 years was the best thing about our time in Shanghai. It quickly felt like home largely because of the staff who were always friendly, helpful and became like family to us. Everyone from the general manager to the front desk staff to housekeeping - we became very fond of them. Everything you need to live comfortably is provided, and Fraser is within walking distance from shopping, the metro, the ferry - so convenient and centrally located across from the famous Shanghai skyline. My husband and I (and our pets) loved living at Fraser so much that it was difficult to leave and say goodbye. Also, one of Fraser's strengths in my opinion, compared to other serviced apartments in Shanghai, is the communal daily breakfast. This is one reason we chose to live there because it became the best way of meeting people and making new friends -people from all over the world who were also living abroad so we shared a common bond. The breakfast offering provide a built-in social aspect which was extremely helpful to me particularly since my husband traveled alot. In short, words are hard to find to encompass the fabulous experience we had living at Fraser Suites Top Glory. We will remember it always as one of the best times in our lives. Thank you to all the Fraser staff for all of your constant efforts to create a positive living experience for your residents. Fondly, Teresa and Jeff B

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Teresa B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We are just completing a three year stay at Fraser Top Glory in Shanghai. We have been very pleased with the quality of the apartment and all the services. The apartments are modern and spacious and well maintained, they prepared our's rigorously before we moved in. My wife and I make good use of the pools and gyms and they are well maintained and not crowded. There are a nice mix of residents from every part of the world, predominately ex-pats.

For the first year the breakfast was not that great, but by request they changed the contract to an accomplished Chinese/Australian restauranteur, known only to us as Paul, and he puts on a multiple good quality dishes every day with a lot of variety and reliable ingredients and freshness. There is also good imported coffee and bread at breakfast, which you don't always get in China.

The GM, Mr James Costa has always been concerned and helpful to us, and lives there himself with his family. The services and housekeeping managers have always been responsive as maintenance was performed.

I guess we only came to fully realize the quality of Fraser as we have been looking for a place in our next city. Not easy to replicate.

Robert M.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more impressive view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert M
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My husband was sent to Shanghai for three weeks and decided to take our daughter and me on this trip. We looked at many hotels before our friend told us about service apartment. We decide to go to Fraser Suites because close to work for my husband, but when we check in and went to our three bedroom suite on the 29 floor, we were so happy! The suite had a fully equipment kitchen, so I could cook many meals for my family. The view of the Huang Pu river and famous BUND was so wonderful! There was an indoor pool with a fun children pool and slide my daughter loved. The outside was green and also had a nice playground. The suites were very large and very comfortable. Location was close to shopping mall and many nice restaurants. We really liked that we were so close to the ferry boat to the Puxi district of Shanghai. Breakfast everyday was full of good Asain and Western food and the staff very friendly. The suites were very clean and my daughter loved the cleaning staff, they were so friendly! We had a great time and our family feel so much like home here. I will tell all my friend about Fraser Suites in Shanghai.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Miko T
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Miko T,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally reply to your very nice comments here on TripAdvisor. I was so happy to hear that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay and that the Fraser Team did their best to make you feel at "home" while you were here. I have heard from the staff they your daughter was so very cute and that the room attendants miss her smile. My team and I all hope that your trip back to home in Japan was pleasant and that you have since settled down and are enjoying the beautiful 'Sakura' which are blossoming throughout Japan now. We hope you will stay in touch and we look forward to the time when you will once again return to Shanghai and hopefully decide to stay with us here at Fraser Suites, Shanghai once again. Thank you very much for the very kind review, we are happy that you and your family were happy while you were here in Shanghai. Sincerely, Jim Costa, General Manager.
Guangzhou
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

My husband, three children and I just moved from Shanghai where we lived at Fraser Suites for almost three years. Our time there was nothing short of amazing and we all hated to leave our Shanghai "home". Our apartment was a large three bedroom unit on the 21st floor. We had a spectacular view of the famous Bund and the "Mother River" better known as the Huang Pu River. The apartment had a great kitchen, which as you might guess with three children, I and our Ayi spent a considerable amount of time. My daughter loved the indoor kid's playground and she especially loved Nancy! The wives at Frasers had a great sense of community and even recently started a "WeChat" group to share upcoming events and enjoy an occasional group lunch together. Location was great, since we were so close to the malls and the super markets. The international school buses all stop at the lobby, so this too made life a little less stressful for me and my children. The staff was the "BEST" and always went out of their way to assist us with anything we needed help with. If you are moving to Shanghai and have the opportunity to stay in Pudong, you must check out Fraser Suites, you won't be disappointed, I PROMISE!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mickey W
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stay with my family during the Chinese New Year. Book two bedroom apartment, fantastic view and nice apartment, can see the whole Huang Pu River. More easy to go to the shopping mall and supermaket. Will recommend my friend to choose this apartment in Shanghai!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Not one to write reviews on social media sites, I had to make an exception in this case! My family and I have lived at Frasers now for almost a year and we have found it to be everything we were promised. Our apartment has a wonderful view of the Huang Pu River and famous Bund and the complex is located in the heart of the financial district. There are plenty of shops and supermarkets for my wife to get essentials and even splurge every now and then. The fitness facilities and pools are great and my kids love the indoor pool. They provide a solid daily breakfast with both local and international foods. But, probably the most important comment is about the staff. Joanna, Kevin and Mura from reception have been great. The housekeeping staff that cleans are apartment daily are proficient, friendly and have become part of our family in many respects. I can highly recommend Fraser Suites, Shanghai to any family thinking of relocating to Shanghai. You won't be disappointed !

Room Tip: Any floor above the 9th offers a great view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Ed J,

I wanted to take a moment to personally "Thank You" for the very nice comments about your time here with Fraser Suites, Top Glory. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and of course the entire team was delighted to know that you and your family have found a "home away from home" while living here in Shanghai. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your family and hope that the rest of your time here will be as enjoyable as it has been so far. For our part, we will promise to continue to look for better ways to do things and to work hard to make you and your family feel right at home. Thank you again!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had the good fortune to be a resident there for 14 months ending at the first of 2014. I'm not big on writing reviews, but this place deserves the credit. We looked at several locations to live in Pudong and luckily settled on this property after dodging a couple of bullets. It is ideally located and for a furnished apartment superb. We were higher up in building 7. Good views, staff is great (Hansom, Ben, Miria, Cindy, Becky, etc.), and very close to all the good shopping and grocery stores. An added benefit is that it is within walking distance of very good restaurants, especially Kafer, almost directly across the street.

Also, our apartment was very spacious at 300 sq. meters. Not cheap, but if your company will spring for it, you should give it a look. Near perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Michael H,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for the nice comments you made in your recent TripAdvisor review. I have also personally spoken with the team about your comments and your experience while you were a resident here with us to let them know how much you appreciated their efforts to make Shanghai and Fraser's feel just like home. I know that many of the staff had become very close to you and your wife and they often speak fondly of you both. I want to take this opportunity to wish you both a great year and to also say that we look forward to staying in touch with you now that you have become part of the Fraser Family!

Have a wonderful year Michael and Julia! WE all miss you here at Fraser Suites!