Park Hyatt Shanghai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,246 results
All reviewsdiplomatic suiteinfinity poolrain showerjinmao towerfew floorsbottle openerjin maocentury avenuebund view roomifc mallluxury hotelhotel is beautifulfavorite hotelthe financial districtliving roomsteam roomthe pearl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Park Hyatt Shanghai is VERY worthy!
Excellent rooms
Large in size - or perhaps its the design.
Fantastic Bathrooms - want to stay here again for that alone.

Dining - OK
Regret not doing room service and enjoying my space.
Service - average
Breakfast - OK
Again - regret not having in room dining

Spa!
Pool ok
Jacuzzi - certainly not the 38C I was told - brrrrruuu!
Locker rooms really let them down - Not Clean
Hyatt on the Bund - MUCH nicer experience.

Honestly - I will go back - Loved the Park Hyatt Room Experience.
Excellence in design!

Room Tip: All rooms should be fabulous
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was the first Park Hyatt hotel I have ever stayed at (which, unfortunately, raised the expectations for subsequent Park Hyatt stays elsewhere that often did not quite measure up). Upon check-in, I inquired if I could redeem one of my Gold Passport Diamond Suite Awards and it was accommodated. One snafu at check-in came so dangerously close to ending the trip before it even really started. The front desk agent returned my passport casually to my travel companion (while I was using the restroom), luckily when I discovered this, I found the right timing to quickly get back the passport before my travel dates and destinations were called into question. The Park Suite assigned (8304), was probably the Park Suite with the best views, looking towards the NW general direction. I would have preferred for the hot water to start quicker and for more water pressure, but what plumbing was available was adequate. The suite was spacious, clean, and I enjoyed the long desk/table and in-room audio system. Breakfast was enjoyable, though the F&B team seemed to be the least hospitality-oriented staffs of all the frontline hotel staffs that we encountered. The modern design of the hotel is probably not for everyone, I would imagine that my parents would have a tough time digesting and experiencing this hotel, including the darker passageways and multiple turns and elevator rides. All in all, I would place this in the top 10 of hotels that I have stayed at, will need to go back a second time to verify this claim.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rm_1272
Reviewed 18 April 2012

As a Park Hyatt fan, (Tokyo won me over) we stayed here for two nights before we returned to Australia. From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. The friendly staff guided us through the Get Smart-esque doors until we reached the elevator to the lobby.

Check-in was a breeze although I had requested a late checkout our room had been booked for that day so we had to check out by 12pm. The lady did offer us another room 1 floor below which we could stay until 3pm but it was a smoking floor so we politely declined.

We were taken to our room by the staff and it was a lavish room with a great view of the Bund. We were facing the Grand Hyatt as well as the Oriental pearl tower. Watching the sunset over the bund from our room was a moment I won't forget. The bathroom was large and had a tv built into the mirror, the toilet was a bidet which was a bonus. The bathtub was not as good as the Park Hyatt Beijing but it was good never-the-less. The Nespresso coffee machine was put to good use lol. Our king sized bed was very comfy and just right for us.

Had breakfast at the 100 century avenue which was very good, mainly for the views. We had dinner there too but it wasn't too memorable.

The hotel is located near the IFC mall in Pudong which was a very good mall with great shops and restaurants.

Booked massages for my gf and I on the last day. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. The staff showed us around the spa and pool.

Definitely one of the top hotels that I have been to, on par with Tokyo. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

When you step into Park Hyatt, it's almost as if you are stepping into a private club. The automatic doors were very high and you go through several of it before you see the elevator that will take you up to the lobby. Check-in was very efficient. We were told to wait at the seating area with a great view of the city and the river while she checked us in. The rooms were spacious and very modern! My son was startled when the automatic toilet lifted the lid when he walked in, and he enjoyed playing with all the buttons and claims that is the "highlight" of his stay (hey he's 8).

Service was attentive in this hotel and it is across the street from Jin Mao (Grand Hyatt), and close to the Pearl TV Tower. It is situated in the middle of two metro stops, both about a 8-10 minutes walk away. Overall an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Dramatically sited modernist construction, minimalist room decor, superior, attentive service, and an above the clouds gym sauna and pool....all this combines to create a surreal lodging experience. The views of surrounding Shanghai change by the hour...there are many private areas in which to lounge, and many dining areas to savor. Metro line 2 is a 10 minute walk, from which there is access to all the city easily. The unique architecture and placement at the 79 to 85 floors with floor to ceiling windows alone justifies a stay here. The kindness of the staff is a great pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of The Bund...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family