I've now stayed at all four Hyatt properties in Shanghai. Though I still love the swimming pool and club lounge at the Hyatt on the Bund the Park Hyatt is simply in a different class.
Entering at ground level it feels like you're in a museum - very dark, and very quiet. Rooms and views are fabulous, of course, but you'd expect that for the price. I had the 'a la minute' buffet supper in the Pantry and was impressed with that too (400RMB +15%). For me, though, the highlight of my stay was the service. Some examples:
1) I called guest services for two red wine glasses shortly after checking in. They arrived in under two minutes.
2) In the bar on level 87 I ordered a drink that wasn't on the menu (Amaretto Sour). This might've thrown some less experienced bartenders but not here. Also, I was only charged for the shot of Amaretto (70RMB) and not the cocktail price.
3) I checked out at the peak time (12:00) and had to wait five minutes or so. The girl on the front desk apologised twice and used my name both times.
In short, staying at the PH was a truly memorable experience. The only downside is the location, as Pudong really is quite dull.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- occupying the 79th to 93rd floors of the Shanghai World Financial Center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Park Hyatt Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hyatt Shanghai