“One to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 4,968 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
“One to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I've now stayed at all four Hyatt properties in Shanghai. Though I still love the swimming pool and club lounge at the Hyatt on the Bund the Park Hyatt is simply in a different class.

Entering at ground level it feels like you're in a museum - very dark, and very quiet. Rooms and views are fabulous, of course, but you'd expect that for the price. I had the 'a la minute' buffet supper in the Pantry and was impressed with that too (400RMB +15%). For me, though, the highlight of my stay was the service. Some examples:

1) I called guest services for two red wine glasses shortly after checking in. They arrived in under two minutes.

2) In the bar on level 87 I ordered a drink that wasn't on the menu (Amaretto Sour). This might've thrown some less experienced bartenders but not here. Also, I was only charged for the shot of Amaretto (70RMB) and not the cocktail price.

3) I checked out at the peak time (12:00) and had to wait five minutes or so. The girl on the front desk apologised twice and used my name both times.

In short, staying at the PH was a truly memorable experience. The only downside is the location, as Pudong really is quite dull.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jamesc23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Park Hyatt Shanghai is probably one of the best city hotels I've been to. Every little details are tastefully done in a contemporary and minimalist details. From the arrival; greeted by a sharply dressed staff to the check in on the 87th floor, the experience was a total luxury.

Stayed at the Park Suite, with a separate living and sleeping area. A chilled wine and variety of sweets were in place for our arrival, excellent. We got the view of the bund, perfect to unwind at night. Love the Nespresso coffee machine for a caffeine addict like me. There's also a guest restroom, which makes the Park Suites perfect for a small gathering.

Spacious bedroom area with modern amenities. Very contemporary and masculine in details. Expansive bathroom/shower area with luxurious amenities. Ample space for storage.

Best suite I've ever been.

Gym's small but adequate and adjacent to the breathtaking pool. The view from the pool's just out of this world; glittering Shanghai as far as your eyes could see.

Breakfast was great, although there was miscommunication due to language barrier but overall a satisfying experience.

Did not try other F&B outlets since Shanghai has so many great restaurants.

Hands down, the best in Shanghai.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
stoxabc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stunning hotel with the lobby on the 87th floor. Very sleek and modern. So sleek sometimes you don't even know where the doors are as it all looks so calm and the same. Lights are very low throughout the hotel even in the bathroom. I could hardy see myself well enough to know how my makeup was really going on! This happened to me a lot in China. As it is a truly beautiful and up scale hotel I was surprised at how uncomfortable I felt as it was so austere and quiet with the super high ceilings, low lights and monochromatic features. I felt as though I couldn't be myself and talk in a regular voice! All very beautiful and amazing but, not my style although I was glad to stay there just to see and experience something so ultra modern and different.

Room Tip: Hotel is on very high floors so often times you are in the clouds and can't see the view from th...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I am writing this note at a corner of the jazz bar on the 92 floor. Not that crowded, compared to its sister hotel in Beijing. The receptionists at the door and the front desk are nice. After that, many other things are under expected. I went to the bar on 87f but found there wasn't enough room for 8 people. Bar attendants and their manager are unwilling to move chairs to make some room for us. He pointed us to upstairs bar on 91 floor and have a waitress escort us there. But again it's not true. On our persistent request, the waitress helped get a table for us by asking another guest to do us a favor. I appreciated that. Later, after dinner, we went to the jazz bar and were only told to pay RMB 100 each man for entrance. Given my friends didn't want to stay too late, they chose to leave. So I got in myself but after a while I learned that a hotel guest and his friends should be entitled to free entry. Why they didn't say at first. My stay in this hotel is yet finished. Overall, I feel managers and waitresses are cold-faced and less experienced. By the way, I also used AmyExpress for local transportation in Shanghai today but the chauffeur turned out to be underdressed.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smilecat_11
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Park Hyatt Shanghai is VERY worthy!
Excellent rooms
Large in size - or perhaps its the design.
Fantastic Bathrooms - want to stay here again for that alone.

Dining - OK
Regret not doing room service and enjoying my space.
Service - average
Breakfast - OK
Again - regret not having in room dining

Spa!
Pool ok
Jacuzzi - certainly not the 38C I was told - brrrrruuu!
Locker rooms really let them down - Not Clean
Hyatt on the Bund - MUCH nicer experience.

Honestly - I will go back - Loved the Park Hyatt Room Experience.
Excellence in design!

Room Tip: All rooms should be fabulous
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was the first Park Hyatt hotel I have ever stayed at (which, unfortunately, raised the expectations for subsequent Park Hyatt stays elsewhere that often did not quite measure up). Upon check-in, I inquired if I could redeem one of my Gold Passport Diamond Suite Awards and it was accommodated. One snafu at check-in came so dangerously close to ending the trip before it even really started. The front desk agent returned my passport casually to my travel companion (while I was using the restroom), luckily when I discovered this, I found the right timing to quickly get back the passport before my travel dates and destinations were called into question. The Park Suite assigned (8304), was probably the Park Suite with the best views, looking towards the NW general direction. I would have preferred for the hot water to start quicker and for more water pressure, but what plumbing was available was adequate. The suite was spacious, clean, and I enjoyed the long desk/table and in-room audio system. Breakfast was enjoyable, though the F&B team seemed to be the least hospitality-oriented staffs of all the frontline hotel staffs that we encountered. The modern design of the hotel is probably not for everyone, I would imagine that my parents would have a tough time digesting and experiencing this hotel, including the darker passageways and multiple turns and elevator rides. All in all, I would place this in the top 10 of hotels that I have stayed at, will need to go back a second time to verify this claim.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rm_1272
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

As a Park Hyatt fan, (Tokyo won me over) we stayed here for two nights before we returned to Australia. From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. The friendly staff guided us through the Get Smart-esque doors until we reached the elevator to the lobby.

Check-in was a breeze although I had requested a late checkout our room had been booked for that day so we had to check out by 12pm. The lady did offer us another room 1 floor below which we could stay until 3pm but it was a smoking floor so we politely declined.

We were taken to our room by the staff and it was a lavish room with a great view of the Bund. We were facing the Grand Hyatt as well as the Oriental pearl tower. Watching the sunset over the bund from our room was a moment I won't forget. The bathroom was large and had a tv built into the mirror, the toilet was a bidet which was a bonus. The bathtub was not as good as the Park Hyatt Beijing but it was good never-the-less. The Nespresso coffee machine was put to good use lol. Our king sized bed was very comfy and just right for us.

Had breakfast at the 100 century avenue which was very good, mainly for the views. We had dinner there too but it wasn't too memorable.

The hotel is located near the IFC mall in Pudong which was a very good mall with great shops and restaurants.

Booked massages for my gf and I on the last day. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. The staff showed us around the spa and pool.

Definitely one of the top hotels that I have been to, on par with Tokyo. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple