“Business Trip Bliss”

Ranked #16 of 5,035 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
“Business Trip Bliss”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Having travelled all day on planes, it was great to be greeted by the very friendly door staff. In fact, all staff I came across from the minute I walked through the front door of the builidng to the door of my gorgeous room were courteous and friendly with a genuine smile. Truly was the best place to stay during a very long and tiring business trip. My boss and I were greeted with a sparkling wine of the month. When we commented on how nice it was and wondered if the Hotel stocked it, we were presented with a bottle to each of our rooms!!! The hotel is situated in the best spot.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The Park Hyatt in Shanghai is simply amazing. We stayed near the top floor and the view across the river into Shanghai and the Bund was amazing.
The design of the hotel is minimum but also very classy.
Staff are very helpful and breakfast was amazing.

If you get a chance to you must visit here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David C
kingsbridge
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights on a return visit to Shanghai and consider it to be one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We love the modern style of the hotel and the arresting art pieces, the sleek styling of the bedrooms and the funky swimming pool. Electric bedroom blinds, wash & blow dry loo, fab wet room and mirror TV all add to the enjoyment but may not be to everyone's taste. Staff in the bar, restaurant, lobby, concierge desk and spa were so helpful and efficient. I had the very best massage imaginable, thank you Yolande. Surprisingly convenient location for dinner reservations across the river on the Bund, taxis are quick and cheap. It goes without saying that the views are spectacular and we would not hesitate to book in again when we next visit big, bad, bold Shanghai.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this Park Hyatt on business for 2 nights. The views in the room overlooking the Bund was truly breathtaking.

The room itself was very spacious - simple and modern design. I like the huge bathroom very much - with double sinks, a rain shower and bath tub. You would feel like spoiled!

I also visited the spa for a massage. The therapist was very professional and helped me relax after a long day of business meetings. I would definitely recommend to other business travellers.

High standards are what you can expect for Park Hyatt. I can't wait to come back again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I love this hotel, I love this view, I love the service.
Its rare a hotel formulates so many traits and delivers... its everything about new Shanghai, big bold and beautiful.
Its rooms are astonishing with breathtaking views of the bund and beyond.

Well recommended ...and worth the money

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were in Shanghai for much longer period than just the night when we stayed here. Having heard a lot about this hotel, we decided to treat ourselves and try it out. We were very disappointed. Yes it has an amazing view of this great city - from our window one can see almost the complete skyline of the city. Yes the room was immaculate and nicely and modernly furnished (although it was not to our liking as we felt it was too cold - but this was just individual taste). The staff were efficient but I would not say they were extremely warm or friendly. When we needed a taxi, I felt the bell desk was not very happy when he had to go and call a taxi for us (the lobby entrance is at a corner where a taxi has to be called in by the bell staff). The atmosphere at the restaurant bar was quite intimate and with, again, great view of the city, but the service was slow and the waitress¨knowledge about drinks were pretty poor. In short, the hotel is definitely overrated.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The rooms are immaculately designed, modern, technologically clever, and incredibly comfortable. That is a really hard combo to pull off, but they did it successfully here. The bed, the sheets, the bathroom/shower are just spectacular. I was in a regular room overlooking the Bund, but it honestly felt like a suite. The shower had at least three different options for how to take a shower, including the largest rainshower head I've ever seen.

The toilet (in its own separate room totally apart from the shower/sink area) deserves its own glowing review, but I'll pass on that and simply say that I may actually look for one of these for my own place.

The view is what you pay for, and it is worth it. If you aren't a frequent visitor to Shanghai, I'd consider this hotel a "must" because it is on top of the world and makes you feel like you own the city for a few nights.

The bar/restaurant is at the top and is an amazing way to start your day. Excellent coffee and very high quality breakfast buffet (quite western fare, however) overlooking the Bund. There is also a la carte for breakfast if you don't fancy the buffet. I did not have dinner at the restaurant, but I wanted to. The menu looked phenomenal and did have a very Chinese flair to it, but I had arrangements at other places for business and never had a chance to try. Next time for sure.

Prices are high, especially for drinks at night, but that's what you expect at a place like this. Not unusual. I found the service excellent. I'd forgotten toothbrush, contact lens solution, etc. It was at my door in minutes.

In short, I'd go back to this hotel time and again. The view is literally unbeatable and the room is absolutely one of the best I've ever seen anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the Bund