“Contemporary luxury with great view”

Park Hyatt Shanghai
Ranked #22 of 5,082 Hotels in Shanghai
“Contemporary luxury with great view”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Shanghai in April and were amazed by the design and art when we arrived. The atmosphere is quite similar to the Park Hyatt in Tokyo.The room was large, bath room and bed very comfortable. We think the staff is friendly, but the concierge needs to be mentioned in particular: he was very keen to help and his English was amazing!! We loved the Bar, I believe it was on the 91st floor: it was very lively and the views are, like from our room, spectacular! Only improvement which could be made: I bought all 3 CD's assuming they would be surprising and up to date, but they are quite corny. Anyway, all in all one of the coolest hotels that I know.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in had a view over the Bund which was really nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I arrived at the Park Hyatt and if You arrive first time there it is not easy to find the entfance door and also after that it is more like a maze to find the way to the lift. It would have certainly been helpful if arriving guests with be shown to the lift.

In the evening I wanted to take a taxi and lined up in the line for the hotel gutes. As the taxis were arriving the front door team did not pay attention to serve hotel guest first. Additional the frot door team were not actively trying to flag down taxis. It would have been easy just to put one front door guy standing on the raod and flagging down the taxis and getting them to drive up the hotel. As I got on the taxi, the door man never cared if I would need help to tell the directions to the driver in Chinese.

The rest was really great but small things really can ruin everything!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Xiao P
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I usually stayed at the Grand Hyatt or Shangri-la. I tried this hotel because the other was booked. I've excellent experience with other hotels. This one is a nightmare. I suppose if you have no special request then everything is fine. I asked for a late check out because of a business meeting and they say they have no such policy. I asked for the management to escalate the case and got my wish with much hassle and raised blood pressure. These people don't know how to deal with people with business needs. The staff are too young and inexperienced.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Aelainec
Alexandria
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. Very convenient location for our meetings. Also accessible to the Bund, nearby shopping centers and other attractions. The hotel room was very large, with a good work area, spacious shower/bathroom and separate room for the (high tech) toilet. Fruit and water were provided. The bed was very comfortable and the view from the large windows was spectacular, once the fog cleared. I appreciated how quiet the hotel was -- I was not disturbed by noise at any time during my stay.

The pool was beautiful and the gym, though small, had everything most guests would need. The buffet breakfast, though expensive, was amazing. I also enjoyed having tea or other drinks and light food in the lobby.

Overall, a beautiful hotel with a very calming atmosphere.

Excellent service -- desk staff was very helpful and courteous. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed for one night so my comments need to be guarded.

It's mainly about the room that I am commenting on. I have never stayed in a room that had so many so many electronic gadgets, even the toilet was electronically controlled. Unfortunately when faced with a mass of electronic wizardry I never got to find out what most did. I never found out how to switch some lights off.

The bars and disco area were packed, this is obviously the place for the trendy young folk in Shanghai with prices to follow.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Shanghai for two nights in May. We had an excellent experience that began the moment we pulled up to the hotel, the bellman took our bags and we were directed to the lobby (it is a bit of a maze of doors and elevators to get to the lobby of the hotel). We arrived very early, but the front desk was able to expedite our room while we enjoyed the view in the lobby.

We had a Bund view room and luckily the weather was clear during our stay so we had spectacular views of the city and the buildings lit up at night.

The hotel room was surprisingly large with a luxurious bathroom and most importantly a comfortable bed. We really enjoyed the Music Room bar in the hotel as there was live music and a great view of the city at night.There are also a variety of lower priced food options walking distance from the hotel. The MTR station was a short walk away so although we did most of our exploring on the other side of the river it was a quick trip to get everywhere we wanted to go.

We will absolutely stay here again the next time we are in Shanghai. The hotel and the service of the staff exceeded expectations.

Room Tip: Bund view room on the 84th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel tries best to be the best I think. It is the highest hotel in shanghai also among the top 10 luxury places. Room decoration is ancient Chinese style. Equipment is very best. Good swimming pool. Lobby is not big but very artistic so that you may like read there with a cup of tea. Lovely !

• Stayed July 2013