“Park Hayat, a relaxing, amazing but shockingly expensive place to stay”

Park Hyatt Shanghai
Ranked #27 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at the Park Hayat in August 2014 for a week with a friend. Th hotel itself was completed in about 2008 and has as its USP its height sitting between circa floor 80 to 91!. It is a really amazing hotel and with very attentive staff and a vey modern and lux interior. It is of course very expensive- i am from london but I was shocked at the price here!!

despite the cost it s worth every penny. It is a fab refuge in shanghai. It is a pleasure to return to the hotel in the evenings. the views are amazing. the hotel is glorious. give it a go if u can.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I moved from the Waldorf Astoria after two nights and decided to go to the park Hyatt. I assume once you do the Mandarin in Bangkok followed by the Peninsula in Hong Kong you're getting accustomed to a certain level of service and the Waldorf disappointed. I have no status with Hyatt and I assume it does not matter as they welcomed me as if I was one of their best customers. The front desk gave me different options when it came to my room and when I inquired on one with a good view the front desk attendant told me that she'll need another hour for the room to be cleaned. Before I knew she escorted to the top floor bar they had and asked me if I'd like something to drink in the mean time and she'll personally get me within an hour. 30 minutes later she showed up and until I was settled in my room profoundly apologized for the delay. Every time I passed by the reception and the attendant was on duty she personally came up to me and asked me about my stay, if she could anything to help etc. Yes great service is an understatement at that property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MarkCavNY
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After staying in Waldorf and Peninsula, we decided to try something new in Pudong side. Since my father likes landscapers, Park Hyatt is no doubt our best choice.
Having been to the one in Seoul, I have been longing for staying once in my trip. And I am glad that it did not disappoint me.

Located on Pudong, where I may consider not so convenient, as there was nothing much around the hotel compared with The Bund. From the moment we got through the entrance, I had a similar feeling as The Puli (which I visited but did not stay) – very “zen”. The lobby was located on 87/F, which offered us panoramic view of the city, though Jinmao in front of us blocked some part of the view.

As my parents were here to post celebrate their wedding anniversary, I asked the hotel if they could upgrade their room to have a view of Huangpu river, which luckily they did. Room design was rather minimalistic. Colour tone was white, grey and light brown which was something I did like (even my new apartment had the similar colour). Space was generous with glass-window bathroom.

As for my parents’ special occasion, a bottle of champagne and truffle chocolate were waiting for me in the evening after our day. We were originally hoping to visit the bar, but the one on top floor was not open due to some reasons.

One thing my wife and I always loved to do when staying in the hotel was going to visit the pool. From certain angle, it was kind of infinity pool with 25m long. While we were enjoying swimming, my mother was taking the complimentary Tai Chi class. It was indeed pleasant to start our morning by the pool. The only comment was the formal uniform of the staff which did not match the health club and pool there.

Breakfast was definitely the highlight of the stay. Food was great with variety of choices.

Our stay at Park Hyatt was rather short as it was located on Pudong, while we mostly spent our day in Puxi. Overall, the hotel itself was a great one, which may just need some more attraction or else to keep ourselves longer on Pudong. Or otherwise, it would become a destination to visit, not for the sake of convenience.

Room Tip: Definitely look for rooms which face the river side to enjoy a great view of Shanghai
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

this hotel in Pudong is a moderen hotel fairly new and has a great design, the lobby is on the 87th floor and the rooms starts on the 79th floor. restaurant is on the 91st floor and the great bar with live music on the 92ed floor.
the breakfast buffet was really good.
the rooms are very comfortable and large
great pool and GYM high up there in the sky

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Shanghai in April and were amazed by the design and art when we arrived. The atmosphere is quite similar to the Park Hyatt in Tokyo.The room was large, bath room and bed very comfortable. We think the staff is friendly, but the concierge needs to be mentioned in particular: he was very keen to help and his English was amazing!! We loved the Bar, I believe it was on the 91st floor: it was very lively and the views are, like from our room, spectacular! Only improvement which could be made: I bought all 3 CD's assuming they would be surprising and up to date, but they are quite corny. Anyway, all in all one of the coolest hotels that I know.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in had a view over the Bund which was really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I arrived at the Park Hyatt and if You arrive first time there it is not easy to find the entfance door and also after that it is more like a maze to find the way to the lift. It would have certainly been helpful if arriving guests with be shown to the lift.

In the evening I wanted to take a taxi and lined up in the line for the hotel gutes. As the taxis were arriving the front door team did not pay attention to serve hotel guest first. Additional the frot door team were not actively trying to flag down taxis. It would have been easy just to put one front door guy standing on the raod and flagging down the taxis and getting them to drive up the hotel. As I got on the taxi, the door man never cared if I would need help to tell the directions to the driver in Chinese.

The rest was really great but small things really can ruin everything!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Xiao P
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I usually stayed at the Grand Hyatt or Shangri-la. I tried this hotel because the other was booked. I've excellent experience with other hotels. This one is a nightmare. I suppose if you have no special request then everything is fine. I asked for a late check out because of a business meeting and they say they have no such policy. I asked for the management to escalate the case and got my wish with much hassle and raised blood pressure. These people don't know how to deal with people with business needs. The staff are too young and inexperienced.

• Stayed: September 2013