See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Do not stay in this hotel when it is crowded. I got very bad service from the reception desk that all the white suit girls do not work properly. I was staying from Nov 25 to Dec 1, and those girls mess up my online booking and lose my membership rating because of their mistakes. They did not even say sorry, and not print out the receipt for the stay. They are not trained well and not clear about its membership service. I see they often like to hide in the office and chat, rather than stay at the desk to serve customers. Also, I was assigned to a noisy hotel room and cannot sleep. I asked for a better quiet room, and they said the hotel is pretty full, and put me to 7th floor smaller size smoking hotel room. I do not know until I reach the room. I do not want to keep change room by packing my luggage and moving around, so I stay one night and leave the hotel. Not recommend to stay in this hotel unless its staff is trained and serve customers properly. Hotel bathing room is flooding when you bath more than 5 min. You may find flea on the bed too, I catch one to two flea in one of the hotel room 6th floor. There is no green tea available on those days too.

Room Tip: Do not choose 7th floor rooms, smoke smell is very strong in the hallway and hotel room.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Phoenix M
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located in the heart of XuJiaHui with lots of shopping places and restaurants around. Metro line 4 is just across the street and line 1 is in a 5 min walking distance. The room is big, the bed is comfortable, the room is clean. There are chinese tv channels only, but when exploring the city you are not having much time to watch tv. Wifi is free and speed is sufficient. Its a good choice stay for a smaller budget.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

A little hesitant on booking this place as it had not been reviewed in a long time. Pleasantly surprised in many ways. For the rate you pay it is easy to overlook that the rooms are looking a little scruffy but it was clean and comfortable with working wifi and pleasant yet unobtrusive staff. Location is a little far from Nanjing Rd / central Bund area and it takes about 30 minutes to get to the action, however the area is safe and has lots of food options at your doorstep and a metro station practically across the road. Recommend.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2016

The room at this hotel was well-presented and reasonably priced. Decorations were modern and stylish, the bathroom in particular was well presented. The FX hotel is in a great central location, but the room was not particularly noisy.

Some reviews have mentioned poor service but this was not a problem during our stay, staff were friendly and helpful. Would have reviewed very good or excellent were it not for the internet- AWFULLY SLOW even by Chinese standards. Hope this issue has been resolved since my stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2015

At first I wasn't sure about staying at this hotel, especially after reading some bad reviews about it online, and as it's gonna be a six-day stay. But, it turned to be quite satisfying and beyond my expectations. First, the check in was quick. I was so tired after long hours flight, so this was a very good first impression. The room was very small yet very clean. For some people maybe the lighting was poor and made the room too dark but for me, it was fine as it's sort of giving me a warmer atmosphere. The room has almost everything that I need, such as slippers, tea and coffee maker, and hairdryer. It also has international power outlets which is impressive and very helpful if you forgot to bring one. However, the one I like most about this hotel was actually its location. I was surprised to find that the metro "indoor stadium" exit located just across the hotel, so it was very convenient. In the same building (as the metro exit), there were also a supermarket and a pharmacy. They were just about 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. You also can find a lot of restaurants and diners in the area, so you don't need to worry being starved. Next time I visit Shanghai again, I definitely will consider this hotel as my first option to stay at.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo