“Amazing rooms and staff”

Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai Hong Quan
Ranked #92 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Seoul
“Amazing rooms and staff”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I booked a deluxe room but on arrival was welcomed to a business class room. The staff from the reception, concierge, executive lounge were all amazing and welcoming. The room itself wasn't so big, but was posh and very well outfitted with new amenities. My only complaint was the bed was extremely plush and soft. I enjoyed the bed for sitting and lounging but was a bit hard to sleep when sinking in so much.

The staff in the executive lounge get special mention. They were all pleasant and amazing. I regret I don't remember her name, but the staff member from Chile was particularly helpful and engaging. Breakfast in the lounge was perfect, the evening appetisers though were a bit stale and hit or miss. The pleasant staff made up for it though. Ordered room service once - it was prompt but the food wasn't the best and was portioned quite small. Would recommend eating out instead.

Honestly, the location of this hotel is not ideal. It is a bit of a journey to get anywhere interesting. Taxi to Pudong was 90rmb, about 75 to People's Square. The room tariff was very reasonable though and would gladly commute and stay here again. There is a subway stop close by and I probably would have used it more if the weather had been good. Also there is a Carrefour next door if you need any western necessities.

Overall it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Business Class rooms are worth the extra money if you aren't upgraded.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Shanhai Hong Quan in 2011 as a Concierge (G4) member of the Carlson Group. Reception very friendly, the hotel is NOT in the core location, but I was only looking for a quick relaxed night while in transit and not being too far from Shanghai train station. Me and my company were upgraded to the One Bedroom suite which was very spacious. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have been back to this hotel many times and each time I have not been disappointed. Staff are friendly and have provided the best service than any international 5 star hotel down town. Many F&B choices within the hotel, my favorite of all is the "all you can eat Dimsum lunch" at the Chinese Restaurant and all you can eat Japanese at Shiki Restaurant which you have over 60 choices of dishes to select from. All are very yummy.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have the best view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
University Park, MD
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Excellent value. Beautiful accomodations. Fantastic staff, especially the concierge staff. The room was tastefully appointed. The bathroom was really nice with the full sized tub and separate shower. The mini bar and fridge was fully stocked. The elevators were fast. The lobby bar was a very comfortable place to hang out, waiting for friends to arrive or to have a beer. The pool and gym was beautiful. If I return to Shanghai, I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was headed into Shanghai for a long weekend during my trip to our plant in Zhejiang province.
The suggestion had come from a good friend of mine who was staying at the hotel long term, and so what was immediatley obvious was that all the relationships which he has taken a year to nuture were immediately transferred to me.
At reception, I was told by the genuinely delightful Spencer that the room had ben upgraded as i was a friend of their long term client..... the General manager Arne Heuwekemeijer ( imagine how that name might look in Mandarin Chinese !) came out and introduced himself.... and assured me that I would have a great stay and if not etc etc...
Compared to my previous trips to Shanghai hotels - some of which were so poor I could not even be bothered to write even more critical reviews - they already had plenty..... this was superb
The room on the 20th floor was a mini suite - on a glass corner with views across to the Bunde in the distance.... superbly appointed.
Only one small criticism of the layout would be that the toiliet was in a little labyrinth in the far corner of the suite which made for anxious moments in the middle of the night when disorientated diabetics like me struggle to find where I am whilst in desperate need........
The staff made the difference - Cameron, a consumate professional as Food and Beverages Manager but also a great team builder, Spencer who knows all the leisure facilities known to man including Go Kart circuits and Golf Driving Ranges.... the list goes on - Julia who has the most pleasant and friendly way with her, the Chilean lady who was so engaging... mark the security guy and clever Trevor the chef.
Clearly I would never have got ot meet all these people had it not been for my friend's established relationships, but they really did, each and every one of them, make me feel really welcome.
A quick mention to the two Ukranian girls who had just joined the team - i only knew that because Cameron told me they were new - otherwise i would never have known they were so competent in their roles.
Oh yes - a special mention to the band on th top floor band who humoured me so politely during the worst rendition ever of Bon Jovi using a golf club as an air guitar....they were great fun !
Excellent spa facilities - open deck sun lounging - superb breakfasts and a superb welcome...
Would i go back - yes please !

Room Tip: Be prepared to put up with the slight inconvenience of the location - it is a little far out - but a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BruceHunter
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I first stayed at the Radisson Blu Hong quan in 2010 & on that day had taken the decision of staying only here when I visit Shanghai because of best-in-class amenities, excellent value for money, etc. I am a frequent traveler, traveled more than 300,000 miles over the last two years to four continents & stayed several big hotels such as Renaissance, Hilton, Maritim, Sheraton & to name a few, but the kind of experience I'd with this hotel was magnificent.Not only world class amenities, the kind of welcome they offer to Guest was outstanding and most importantly excellent value for the money spend. Although it's located on the outskirts of the city, I yet to find a hotel that offers best-in-class amenities at the rate which this hotel offer. I made up my mind that this hotel would be the first choice when I visit Shanghai. Why don't you try once! Try once, I am pretty sure that you would feel like me! All the very best!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Nahariya, Israel
Reviewed 27 July 2012

hi, we slept in this hotel 7 nights ,everything was just fine,even when there was a problem with the voucher and to call my country ,there were some minutes of bad communication but immediately the head menager came to me and promised me to do the very best of it so we will enjoy our trip,and he did.everything is clean,good smelling and nice.
one problem is that it's quit far from the center (i knew that it's about 9 km but didn't realised it's so) buttttttttt-subway is the very best solution don't be afraid everything is very clear and people are helpfull.
enjoy the trip