Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai Hong Quan
US$274
US$184
US$177
  • Breakfast included
The PuLi Hotel and Spa(Shanghai)
US$521
US$254
US$122
US$99
  • Restaurant
All reviewswest railway stationsna tournice hotelcarrefour supermarketchinese restaurantquality hotelbusiness triproom serviceswimming poolhongqiao airportbuffet breakfastminutes walk awayan upgradespeak good englishwestern foodnice roomfitness center
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two weeks, was the first time that I was coming to SHanghai. The friendliness of the staff made me feel at home and their advices of what places to visit and what to do around the city were so helpful. The room was comfortable, big and the bed was also very large. I would definitely return to stay in this hotel if I am to come back to the Shanghai.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Radisson hong quan gives you the feeling that you are not just some random guest. Instead of this it gives you the feeling to be part of a little family. Especially on long businesses trips
this is very welcome.

The rooms are good, also like dinner and brakfast. Especially the sky bar on 27th floor is it always worth to go there for a good night drink. Cherry and Joey rocking there every night.

The mentioned distance to the city is a disadvantage, thats true. But due to the rediculous cheap taxis or the subway this was no big deal for me either.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I've stayed in the hotel for ~20 times from 1 night to +20 nights. The use of Europeian staff makes me feel more comfortable than in a hotel with fully Chinese staff. Ideally located if your business/factory is in Jiading, only ~45mins drive there. About 20mins taxi ride to downtown or 30mins by subway which is just around the corner.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We enjoyed our one night stay here. There is a gym with equipment, a fitness room with exercise balls and yoga mats for your use. We enjoyed the swimming pool, a pleasant 21 degrees Celsius, but remember to pack a swim cap as we were told "no cap, no swimming'. This wasn't really a problem as you could purchase one for 10 RMB. There was also a children's playroom and billiards room that we were unable to access. There is a spa, but we found it to be expensive (500 RMB for a massage), other places we stayed a massage was 120 RMB. The bar was also pricey, consider going across the street where you can buy beer for the equivalent of $1. This hotel was approximately 15 minutes from the city centre, about 32 RMB to the hotel.
No complaints about breakfast, a good variety of western and Chinese food - not sure how

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself looked well-maintained. Nice lobby, decent gym & big swimming pool. Disappointed when got into my room the key-card switch wasn't working! Called service counter to complain, Manager-in-charge politely apologized and sent for a technician who immediately came to repair.

Later that night I turned on the TV and some channels (English ones! I don't speak Mandarin) were blanks! Called in to complain again. Manager-in-charge (different one than earlier) was also very polite & apologetic, said theres service disruption and can only be fixed next day. I mentioned my earlier complaint so she gave me free breakfast at the rooftop Exec. Lounge, which was great because my booking didn't include breakfast. Breakfast here was not very good though..small variety & tasted bland.

Later found the power outlet next to my bed was not working. Didn't bother to complain anymore, just used one next to the other bed.

The room itself was very good. Practical layout, complete amenities, soft bed & pillows, high quality linens & towels. Bathroom has a decent shower & good-sized tub.

Location-wise it's far from city center but not too bad as there's a Metro station a few steps away. There's a Carrefour about 5 mins walk so that's very convenient.

Overall, despite the shirtcomings, the attentiveness of staff and comfort of the room made this a pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business