“Great airport hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #131 of 4,967 Hotels in Shanghai
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great airport hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was well decorated and the guest rooms were very clean and had everything I needed.

The hotel staff Is very friendly and helpful. We had half a day to spend in shanghai while waiting for our flight so the staff helped plane out shanghai mini tour. It included shopping, and checking out a few sites.

It did cost a but of money to go to downtown from the hotel as it's about 30 minutes away but it was well worth it. All taxi drivers know the Ramada by the airport and it's around 120RMB each way.

The hotel had a very good breakfast. They had many different items as well as fresh fruit.

When I am in the area again I will definitely stay here.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Carolinablue26
Ramadaairportpd, Manager at Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Greetings from Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai!
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to make comments on our hotel. I feel honored that you enjoyed your short stay at our hotel. Hope our staff provide high quality service to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedbacks such as yours assist us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that comments and issues will be addressed. Thank you for your compliments about hotel and we will continue to improve our service.
I am so glad that you like our new guest rooms, we reopened our newly renovated rooms at the South Building. The Center Building and Executive Floor Lounge reopened in early part of February.

Would like to advise you that we provide FREE internet and WIFI in all the Guest Rooms and Public Areas.
Finally, we reopened our newly renovated rooms at the South Building. The Center Building and Executive Floor Lounge reopened in early part of February.
In February we closed the North Building for the Room Renovation and the project to be completed by October 2014.
The Brasserie’s renovation has been completed and the New Brasserie has reopened on 28th of January, 2013. You will see for yourself of the changes we made and it is a big turnaround of this place, now it is airy, bright and modern!
With best personal regards and hope to hear from you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I arrived at 8.3Am after a long flight..,, I had 5 hours layover,,,,,I was told my room would not be ready until 12pm..... Not good".....quick chat with the manger and I was in my room,,,,,,
Rooms were glean and modern,nothing more you need at an airport hotel......quick tip....the free shuttle sometimes run only very hour so grab a cab and be prepared to be ripped off about 50 rmb,as they won't out it in the Meyer after siting so long at the airport......all in it does want it's meant to do

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai!
Normal check-in time our hotel is after the noon twelve point.If you need, you can book in advance the room the day before to ensure second days do not wait too long.

I’m so glad you like our new room,because, we reopened our newly renovated rooms at the South Building. The Center Building and Executive Floor Lounge reopened in early part of February.
Have especially noted your comments and we will try our utmost to provide excellent service.
I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel 3rd July prior to an early flight back to UK.
I found the front desk staff very courteous and quick with the check-in process.
The rooms are a good size and adequately provide good facilities.
The Bar Staff in the lobby area were not very quick and one of them was very slow in his service he was offering. I ordered a drink at the bar and he walked away and forgot all about it. It looked as if he was a trainee.

This was an overall good stay and will return on next business trip

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai!
I apologize for our staff fault, and we will strengthen training. So we have especially noted your comments and we will try our utmost to provide excellent service.

Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I called in advance to ask about the hotel shuttle from the airport. I told the person I was arriving at 23:45. I was then told where the pick up point was at Terminal 2. However after retrieving my bag and going to the pick up location at 00:15, the Ramada Inn sign showed that the last shuttle was at 23:45. So I had to find a taxi to take me the 0.5 mile to the Ramada. Clearly if I landed at 23:45, I could never have made the last shuttle. This should have been pointed out to me in advance.

The service at the hotel was bland and impersonal.

The room was sufficient for a "overnight and out routine" but I would try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Look to the website for the hotel. Later I found the shuttle service was published there.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dsober
Ramadaairportpd, Manager at Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Greetings from Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai!
I’m sorry for our staffs’ fault about told you the wrong shuttle bus schedule. I'll tell the relevant person to strengthen the staff training. And we also have especially noted your comments and we will try our utmost to provide excellent service.

Finally we reopened our newly renovated rooms at the South Building. The Center Building and Executive Floor Lounge reopened in early part of February.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having never stayed at an airport hotel my expectations were quite low. However I was pleasantly surprised with nice quite room, good food and a nice cold beer in the lounge bar. One dissapointment was the quality of the taxi in the morning, no doubt because of the remoteness. The cab was dirty and the driver was driving no handed while having a loud conversation on the phone and changing gear at the same time.

Room Tip: Away from the runways! (I always use earplugs anyhow)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed in the Ramada airport hotel for 1 night. The room given to me was really good, very spacious, clean and with modern amenities. What is not good, is their restaurant, that pretends to have an international kitchen, but really the food was not good at all. Otherwise, for an overnight stay, I can really recommend the hotel that has free of charge shuttle service with Pudong airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai!
We have especially noted your comments and we will try our utmost to provide excellent service.