“What a perfect hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Seoul
“What a perfect hotel!”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Do not hesitate to stay in the Puli Hotel and Spa. This is one of the best hotels that I've ever stayed. Everything was perfect. Nice location, modern & elegant interiors, clean rooms, helpful staffs, free wireless Internet access, delicious breakfast buffet, and free minibar! Yes, you can enjoy anything in the minibar for free from soft drinks to wines, coffees, teas, bottled waters, chocolates, snacks, everything! It is filled up everyday so you will never be hungry. During the breakfast buffet, you can order any number of hot dishes from menus (western and asian menus are available). If you don't have any idea, try "Egg Benedict." It was really delicious.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and your great review on the high quality of our services at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We are especially delighted that you enjoyed the complimentary minibar with its multiple offerings!

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Shanghai.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
new york
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The PuLi was recommended to us by Han Feng.. Didn't know what to expect. The website was beautiful but websites can often distort the real thing. Not at the Puli. Our room was grand in every way. Not the biggest room they offer but one that considers the client. Two sinks, an entry closet as well Asa huge armoire. The room had a center column where one side had a full length mirror and the other side that faced the bed a flat-screen tv. The room could be divided in two by glass translucent panels, separating the sleeping, desk and sofa area from the bath area and armoire. I loved that aspect- especially if I was getting up earlier than my husband so not to wake him. Big glass windows filled one wall but the designer considered this by having blackout shades that could be electronically lowered. Also the placement of lights and switches were logically placed and gave ample light to each area. I must say the shower was spectacular with a large rain head as well as a hand held nozzle. The coffee/tea area was well appointed with complementary snacks and beverages, fresh fruit and nuts. No list of charges for anything! Any stay can have some problems but they were minor. The fitness area was good with a nice view of the gardens below but one day the steam room was not working. The staff is there to help and wants to have your stay trouble free. And the long bar downstairs made great drinks and snacks, the bartender Kenny was quite a good mixologist! If you are English speaking, they now have a lovely woman from the states to help you. I must admit we witnessed an irate (German) client yelling at the front desk about the smell in the hallways- yes, there was a smell in the hallways one day-but his attitude was not appropriate and it was embarrassing to watch. The Puli is not cheap but well worth the expense. (We are currently staying at The Ritz on the Pudong side) and it doesn't compare to the efficiency of the Puli. We never ate at the restaurant hotel- so I cannot comment on it.

Room Tip: We only saw the room we stayed input it was on the 17th floor with a nice view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We were thrilled that our website did our hotel and services justice!

Thank you very much for your generous comments following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the comfortable and effectiveness of the room design and layout and I was especially happy to read about the forthcoming service of our mixologist Kenny and the pleasing attitude of our general staff.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future and remain,

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

If you want to stay in a truly design driven hotel ...stay here. This place is amazing....it is my 4th stay here.

Definitely my favorite hotel in Shanghai by far...this is a 5 star experience. I never seen so many guests take pictures of just the lobby. The rooms are impeccably designed, with so much intricate detail ..it really adds to the China experience.....you feel like you are really in the Orient at the Puli. I had a room overseeing the park and downtown.

It is close to the shopping and walking distance to the local restaurant districts....

First class experience from check in to check out ...the staff is available for your every need....I would almost say overstaffed in the lobby cafe...maybe a few too many eyes on you ready to cater to your every need....but that is not a bad thing I suppose. Food is pricey....but the second floor restaurant was excellent. My only complaint was no irons in the room ...which always surprises me you have to request one from housekeeping ...seems so silly in a high end hotel.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that The PuLi Hotel and Spa is by far your favorite hotel in Shanghai! Thank you for your generous comments.

I am especially glad that your enjoyed your room with its design and intricate details and more importantly - that you received first class experiences from our staff and that your enjoyed our restaurant.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2013

After 3 nights in Shanghai in a 3 star hotel, then going to Suzhou for 2 days, my mother and I stayed at the Puli for our last night back in Shanghai - a stunning way to say bye to China. Our room and the whole hotel were beautifully designed. We stayed in a really great 5 star hotel in Xian but it was conventional hotel luxury compared to the understated sleekness of the Puli. I'm an architect and designer and the the attention to detail in the hotel styling was the best I've ever seen. The Puli shows how a hotel should be illuminated - dim. Hotels should not feel like supermarkets. All staff were so courteous and helpful. When I went for a swim I had the enormous pool to myself - the most stunning space in the hotel. We had breakfast at the ground floor bar - simple food, but again the attention to quality and detail was evident everywhere. Good location and easy access to the metro. Will definitely come back to one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this TripAdvisor report following your and your families stay at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We appreciate your comments on the understated sleekness of the Puli and the the attention to detail in the styling throughout.

Attention to detail is the "name of the game" as we say in our business and we are happy that you experienced your stay in this manner.

We are thrilled that you are planning on coming back to stay with us when you are next in Shanghai. Until then I remain,

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Wow, wow, wow. What an absolutely amazing experience. We booked to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 5. Situated in the middle of busy Shanghai, you feel like you are in a spa, as far away from anyone and anything.

Location is on top of the underground train. You are able to go anywhere, anytime very easily. The staff know everything about anything and pointed us in the right direction every time we asked to do something or eat somewhere. They seem to know all of the right places to dine and always manage to get a table even if they are 'booked out'.

Make sure you have enough time to go for a massage and then a swim/sauna. It is pure bliss.

I cannot wait for my next trip to Shanghai so I can stay at the Puli hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for the 'Club Rooms'. They are up high with amazing views.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Guest,

And a big "WOW" back at you! Thank you so very much for taking the efforts and time to give us your feedback.

We are so happy to read that our staff were able to get you into the busiest restaurants in town and that they were able to point you into the right direction.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future and remain,

With kindest regards

Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and blown away be service and hotel amenities - the gym was well equipped and the spa and pool top class and normally empty. The location on the green metro line 2 very convenient for airport and other attractions - one of the hotels I've ever stayed in

• Stayed March 2013
Jan_B_Tibaldi, Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your overwhelming feedback following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We were delighted to read that you were blown away by our services and amenities and that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel.

We can't wait to welcome you back to Shanghai and remain in the meantime,

California, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Great hotel! I stayed for 3 nights the hotel food is delicious slightly over priced but I think that's to be expected at such a fancy place. I had a flight at 8pm and check out was at 11 am the staff was nice enough to hold my bags without any extra cost. For someone who has little grasp on the local language it was easy to maneuver and the staff was great for getting taxi cabs to take me to the place I wanted to go.

One question what brand is the bed? It was unbelievably comfortable. I guess I should probably invest in the grand bedding too!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent visit.

We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations, especially with our delicious food and forthcoming staff.

We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed our unbelievably comfortable bed - the brand is King Koil and our linen is Quivera.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.