“Best hotel i've ever stayed in”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #6 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Toronto, Canada
“Best hotel i've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. Room was amazing, location fantastic, common areas exception - swimming pool straight out of an architecture magazine. Mini bar and snacks included! The only mildly annoying thing was that the frequent stay programme is not part of a chain, or even Puli's own. You can get points for three airlines - none of which I use!,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent experience at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read you rate us as one of the most beautiful hotels you have ever stayed in and that our spacious guest accommodations exceeded your expectations and that you made full use of our fantastic location to explore Shanghai. We also appreciate your kind comments on our public areas and lovely pool.

My team and I really look forward to welcoming you back soon to your new home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Beautiful hotel, understated luxury with all details perfectly in place and coherent. Architecture and design create an amazingly relaxing feeling. Perfect service. Rooms very welcoming, I particularly enjoyed the bathroom. Also experienced a room service dinner which was lovely. One of the highlight was the buffet breakfast, huge choice and amazing quality. Only drawback would be the swimming pool/spa area which felt a bit intimidating and not as welcoming as the rest of the hotel. Overall, I warmly recommend. Not your typical Shanghai high rise with view but definitely worth checking-in if you are already quite familiar with the city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us early in the year.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit and that you not only appreciated the understated luxury, details and architecture, but also felt looked after based on our high service efficiency.

I agreee a 100% with you - a spacious and well layed out guest bathroom does make a big difference and when you combine it with servitude and great food.....

The entire PuLi team looks forward to welcome you back in the near future.
With kindest regards,

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I can highly recommend The Puli Shanghai to any business and/or leisure traveller.
With so many choices of luxury hotels in town, The Puli really does stand out.
It is one of the only hotels in town which has a real atmosphere where locals and travelers meet in a sophisticated environment. The rooms are maintained to the highest standards, the lounge /bar/outside terrace have a good vibe at any time of the day.
The gym and pool are peaceful and service throughout the property is very friendly and professional.
Good price value, good location and next The Peninsula the only other true luxury hotel in Puxi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marcel16
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the sophisticated environment where our international and local guests come to "meet and play".

Your kind words on the great maintenance of our guest rooms, vibe at Long Bar, Pool and Spa are very much appreciated and most of all that our service throughout the hotel is very friendly and professional.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Recently stayed here and I would rate it as one of the best I have encountered for service, particularly Daniel Z at front desk, who was so accommodating and really looked after us!!!
Beautifully presented modern hotel in a great area! Transport close by with subway and city bus touring.
Great shopping area which is expanding. I loved it here! I preferred it to The Bund where we stayed at The Peace Hotel,
A great team here!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Club floor, even though we only stayed 1 night! Wished we had of stayed her...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I really apprecite you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
Thank you very much for your kind comments towards Daniel our Front Office Manager - Daniel will be delighted to read your words of appreciation and that he was able to make your stay so enjoyable.
I am happy to read that you liked our modern hotel and that our location is so convenient and next to superb public transportation options.

My team and I look foward to welcome you back very soon and wish you a fabulous week.

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

As a resident of Asia, Shanghai is not one of my favorite destinations. The first trips were exhilarating, discovering the old Shanghai lore. After a while, though, the pollution, traffic and general hassle took over and I found myself not looking forward to trips to Shanghai at all! Two weeks ago, we decided to stay at the Puli Hotel and Spa -- and what a difference a hotel can make! Yes, the hustle-bustle is still prevalent, but being able to return to an oasis of peace and quiet was divine. The service was impeccable and I noted that the General Manager (a very tall European) was constantly in the lobby attending to guests and being very personable. I would definitely return to Puli every time I need to go to Shanghai. Oh yes, the decor is tastefully Aman-ish. All in all, very nice!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Shanghai and thank you very much for your time spent in writing such a lovely review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am really happy that you chose our urban resort to get away from the hustle and bustle whilst in Shanghai. It is a rare occasion to be able to enter a hotel through large wooden doors leading to a lobby and feel the oasis of peace take over. I have heard this many of times.....

Most importantly I noticed that you enjoyed our impecable service and that you would opt to return to The PuLi when next in Shanghai.

My team and I look forward to that occasion and in the meantime,
I remain,

With kindest regards,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a belated review. I stayed here for 4 of my 8 nights in August 2013. The first 4 nights were spent at Le Suites. I wanted 2 different experiences and both hotels provided this but my most loved is the Puli. Why? I loved its discreet and unpretentious ambience, yet sophisticated and peaceful setting. I don't want to spoil the surprises it offers by over describing its benefits. I am glad I only had the good sense to stay there due to the recommendations of a client and TA reports and let it unfold. I am amazed that my client had not used or even visited the spa facilities. The pool, spa, steam room, sauna etc all of which I used 3 times a day to escape the unrelenting 42C heat. I could not fault this hotel. Exceptional service from concierge, reception etc along with fantastic amenitities, delightful rooms and a great location with the underground rail, shopping and restaurant nearby make this an unrivalled choices for those seeking the 'have it all experience'.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us in August of 2013.

I am very delighted to read that you loved our peaceful and sophisticated setting, discret and unpretentious ambience within the hustle-and-bustle of this vibrant city.

Thank you very much for highlighting your positive experience with our overall services - I will be very happy to share your comments with the team so that they can see that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

You certainly did the right thing by spending quality time at our pool, wet areas and spa - indeed a great escape from the heat!

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to enjoy the "have it all" experience again in the near future.

Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Whilst not in the best spot in the city, right next to a highway, this hotel covers all the other bases. The rooms are spacious and well kitted out with substance and style. The spa is fantastic with an excellent range of equipment but the real winner is the bar which is spacious and atmospheric. The staff are also typically Asian friendly and this remains my property of choice in the city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciated receiving your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us in February.

With regards to our location - we are centrally located in the very heart of Shanghai's most famous business, shopping, and entertainment area, the JingAn District.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our spacious and fantastic Spa and Health Club facilities, the sylish and well kitted room layout and our spacious and atmospheric Long Bar in the lobby.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to The PuLi Hotel and Spa, your property of choice in the city.