“Amazing urban oasis” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 4,968 Hotels in Shanghai
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing urban oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a highly service oriented hotel. The service and facilities are excellent. The decor is very tasteful. Once inside, you don't even feel as if you're in a big international city! It's a very peaceful place. At breakfast, the staff anticipated my every need and were always smiling and attentive.

My room was very peaceful and the bed very comfortable. The pool and spa facilities were truly excellent. It's also walking distance to Jing'An temple and an easy taxi ride to West Nanjing Road and the French Concession. The subway line 2 is also nearby. I highly recommend this place and,,,

I shall return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank J Lee S
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate the time you took to write such a great review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

I fully agree with your comments that once you step into our lobby, you find yourself in a pieceful and tranquill environment - thus our high repeat guest ratio who enjoy getting away from the hustle and bustle of Shanghai.

My staff will be glad to read that their guest centric attitude and anticipatory approach is recognized - that will make them feel very special indeed.

I am also happy to read you found the time to try out our beautiful indoor infinity pool and Spa to rejuvenate yourself from the outside world...

Thank you for recommending our urban resort and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shaoxing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The PULI hotel is really very stylish, rooms are very spacious and stylish, but still very cosy. I would really recommend the hotel very much. A lovely breakfast as well. They are nicely located nearby some shopping areas, and there is a temple across the street. Excellent hotel and really impressive, stylish decor and rooms.

2 Thank HNAERT
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read your great TripAdvisor review following your stay at The PuLi.

Thank you for your feedback and for recommending our urban resort in the future.

I was especially pleased to note that you enjoyed our design, central location to shopping and sightseeing and that our accommodation and breakfast spread were to your liking.

Rest assured I will share your comments with the team and they will be delighted with your words of encouragement.

Looking forward to your return trip and in the meantime, I remain,

With kindest regards,

Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for four nights. The hotel gave us a free upgrade with a city view. The view is spectacular especially during the nighttime (when laying in the bath). Fabulous spa as well. Breakfast expensive though.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at The PuLi.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am happy to know that you enjoyed the accommodation and upgrade, Spa and city views and our overall hospitality.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The PuLi and Shanghai in the near future.

Best regards,

Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here for 5 night for vaccation.

Hole stay was perfect, room, lobby, staff,gym.

Could defenetly go back there.

Location good, near restarants spa and walking distance to alot of things.

Breakfast is 220 and not worth it, so if you enjoy bakery, find the baker and spice 10 minutes of walking for exellent breakfast

Bar prices in their bar long bar is to high for china even more expensive then Four Seasons Pudong

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments posted on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

I am very happy to read you enjoyed your vacation and that you would come back when next visiting Shanghai.

Rest assured that your valuable comments have been taken in the spirit intended.
Our bar pricing is very much in line with with other luxury hotels in Shanghai and some of the hotels use a smaller measurement pouring size for spirits, thus possible pricing differences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The PuLi and wish you a very nice upcoming "Juletiden".

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My first impression of this hotel is that it is tucked away in a secluded entrance in the busy heart of Shangai. Once off the busy streets you feel as though you have stepped into the entrance of a spa, from its lush entrance with serene statues.to the cool elegance of the decor. The lowered bar also serves as the reception area, which is a nice quirky touch. I also recieved an upgrade to my room to a suite like some others on this site and I agree, these are amazing, though I couldnt decide which room to spend most of my time in. The lounge was spacious with the most amazing view over the city, with comfy sofas and elegant ornaments scattered around (of which I purchased the Foo Dogs from the Spa at the end of my trip) as they were watching silently over me during my stay.........one of the lovely little touches that this hotel offerers. The bed, very comfortable, the walk in wardrobe a good size to hide suitcase, the bathoom, well what can I say about that, from the bath area to the wet room and seperate toilet and well......I could go on and on as the food in the restaurant was also divine. Like many of the other posts on this site, I cannot recommend this hotel enough and in my future trips to Shangiai will always be asking to stay here. Its quite special.............and as my boss says, its the best hotel EVER!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

I am thrilled to read that our Urban Resort was able to offer you the tranquillity and peaceful vibe inmidst of the hustle and bustle. The design and architecture gives a soothing and zen like atmosphere - that is one of the reasons we have such a great "following".

I am delighted that you enjoyed the upgrade and that you were able to spend some quality time within your room and make great use of the amenities and facilities.

My team will be pleased to know that you enjoyed their service attitude and delivery and that it was matched by the culinary delights at Jing'An restaurant and Long Bar..

I look very much forward to your return visit in the near future and may the Foo Dogs continue to silently watch over you and remind you of your visit to Shanghai.

Respectfully,

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was on my first trip to Shanghai and staying at The Puli pretty much made me fall in love with the city. I was booked into the deluxe room but a surprise upgrade to their suite sweetened my stay and the decor of the room was simply divine.

My suite was spacious and stylish with a fabulous view of the city skyline. The room was clean and functional which is really essential for a working trip.

The breakfast buffet spread was nothing less than amazing. I was able to get my fresh fruits and juice fix early in the morning so that kept me quite happy. On day two, I did try their vegetable pau and it was soft and delicious. My boss tried their poached eggs on spinach and it looked amazing so I didn't even have to ask him if it tasted good.

Service at The Puli is first class. As I had meetings lined up with a few companies each day, the concierge would help me check and prepare taxi cards so that I can get to my destinations with much ease. If you can't speak Mandarin, it won't be a problem at all as staff at The Puli can communicate pretty well in English.

Overall, I had a fabulous stay and would recommend The Puli anyone visiting Shanghai.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor!

I was very happy to read that you fell in love with Shanghai, and that The PuLi was somewhat responsible for this sentiment.

Delighted that you enjoyed the Suite upgrade and that the accommodation was stylish, functional and the skyline views fabulous.

Our culinary team will be pleased to know that they were able to wow you and your boss and that the other team members were successful in their service delivery and approach.

Thank you for recommending our Urban Resort and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Puli is an excellent and convenient location with service that raises the bar in Shanghai. I'll continue to stay at the Puli when I travel to Shanghai.

If I was to be extremely picky (I don't see myself staying elsewhere in Shanghai in the near future) I'd offer the feedback that it would be nice to see more vegetarian mains on their dinner menu. For a non-vegetarian I'm sure the menu is brilliant and they certainly have nice wines!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of The PuLi and for writing such a nice review on TripAdvisor.

I am so thrilled and grateful that loyal guests such as your fine self appreciate our service and facilities every time they come and stay with us.

We have over 40% of our guests return to our Urban Resort, a respectable indication that location, service and amenities play a huge role in the choice of a hotel whilst in Shanghai. Thank you for believing in us and our product.

I will certainly speak to our Executive Chef and discuss your comment on having additional vegetarian choices on our dinner menu. Our Chef and his team are always up to the task in ensuring our guests wishes become true, even if said dish is not on our menu!

My team and I look forward to your next visit and until then, I remain,

With kindest regards,