“Just amazing”

Ranked #6 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Bologna
“Just amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

It is my second time here. It's a 5 stars hotel, lobby, treatment and there are many reasons to confirm my impressions, from very personalyzed service to minibar refreshments in the room for free and a lot of amenities to use. The infinite pool is the last surprise of this spot, one of the best I've ever experienced. The cost, compared to all that I've written, is very very competitive.

Room Tip: Try to have a room in the highest floor you can get
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emanuele V
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a great review and for sharing your feedback, especially when we were able to top your last visits overall experience!

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you with an exceptional experience.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our indoor infinity pool design and experience and that it exceeded your expectations.

I concur with you that our overall services are very price competitive, that is also a testament for our high repeat guest ratio.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Perfect boutique hotel in the middle of Shanghai will all the amenities of a big chain.
It’s no surprise why it was rated #4 hotel in Shanghai when we booked last summer.

The staff is top notch, and we were allowed to checkout very late afternoon to catch an early evening flight. The breakfast selection is very decent.
Its about a 5 USD$ taxi ride from the Bund.
The only issue, is that there is an office tower next door with its own taxi stand so it sometimes take 5-10 minutes to get a cab in at the hotel.
The hotel is a short walk to the Jing'an Temple and Nanjing street shopping.

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious and well-appointed: great bath products, dual large closet space. Large bathr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Globetrotter_411
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you so much for the great review you posted on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed the spacious accommodation, overall services and amenities and our favorable location inmidst of the hustle and bustle.

It gives me immense pleasure to pass on a copy of your appreciations to the team about their "top notch" service.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to The PuLi and Shanghai.

Best regards,

Twickenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I came here for a 4 day visit with work and the whole place blew me away. The room was large with great facilities and view over the city. What was the best I have seen is the swimming pool. I went in there at night and it was just amazing. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PeteSimmonds
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback from your recent visit with us at The PuLi.

I am delighted that your guest accommodations exceeded your expectations from the inspiring city vistas, great facilities to the size.

I am also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our indoor infinity pool, especially at night when the lighting and atmosphere reach its peak.

My team and I look forward to blowing you away again and to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

PROS:
- Design. Very stylish and tasteful design with Japanese influences. Everything looks very tranquil.. very cool lobby and public areas. A real urban oasis. Member of the design hotels.
- Rooms. Very very spacious, free minibar (non-alcoholic drinks).
- Bath tub. Just wow.. located right at the window, overlooking Shanghai.
- Great staff.. really went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay, including giving us an upgrade to the club rooms.
- Swimming pool and spa are awesome. Infinity pool, big windows, big beds. Once again, the design is one of a kind. Perfect to unwind after a busy day and watch the sunset there.
- Location. The bund is nice and all, but I really recommend staying in Jing'An district.. the hotel is walking distance from the french concession (about 10 minutes) with plenty of nice restaurants, bars, shops etc.

Probably the best city hotel I've stayed at.. (and I've been to many). Everything about this hotel is just perfect. No wonder it ranks among the 50 best hotels in the world.

CONS:
- Absolutely nothing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luuk87
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your fabulous TripAdvisor comments and feedback following your stay at The PuLi.

I am very happy to read you enjoyed the stylish and tasteful design of our urban resort and that your guestroom was equally a success in terms of comfort and size.

Most importantly I am delighted that our team members were all successful in making your stay such a pleasant one. They will be happy to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed!

I agree with you wholeheartedly that our central location next to subway, shopping and sightseeing makes us one of the most sought after destinations.

I am indeed very humbled by your kind words and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Shanghai very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

My first trip to Shanghai and I stayed at the PuLi; a great choice.

Very relaxing and calm with a beautiful lobby and public areas. The bedroom had a great view of the park and the city lights at night were spectacular.

The pool, sauna and steam room were first class and definitely worth a visit.

Great staff and good location for the metro.

Would love to visit again!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Juby36
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your lovely review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you liked our urban resort and the service standards and that you found the time to enjoy our pool and wet areas.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the great service standards.

My team and I look forward to your next visit to The PuLi and Shanghai.

Kindest regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a highly service oriented hotel. The service and facilities are excellent. The decor is very tasteful. Once inside, you don't even feel as if you're in a big international city! It's a very peaceful place. At breakfast, the staff anticipated my every need and were always smiling and attentive.

My room was very peaceful and the bed very comfortable. The pool and spa facilities were truly excellent. It's also walking distance to Jing'An temple and an easy taxi ride to West Nanjing Road and the French Concession. The subway line 2 is also nearby. I highly recommend this place and,,,

I shall return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank J Lee S
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate the time you took to write such a great review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

I fully agree with your comments that once you step into our lobby, you find yourself in a pieceful and tranquill environment - thus our high repeat guest ratio who enjoy getting away from the hustle and bustle of Shanghai.

My staff will be glad to read that their guest centric attitude and anticipatory approach is recognized - that will make them feel very special indeed.

I am also happy to read you found the time to try out our beautiful indoor infinity pool and Spa to rejuvenate yourself from the outside world...

Thank you for recommending our urban resort and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Shaoxing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The PULI hotel is really very stylish, rooms are very spacious and stylish, but still very cosy. I would really recommend the hotel very much. A lovely breakfast as well. They are nicely located nearby some shopping areas, and there is a temple across the street. Excellent hotel and really impressive, stylish decor and rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank HNAERT
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read your great TripAdvisor review following your stay at The PuLi.

Thank you for your feedback and for recommending our urban resort in the future.

I was especially pleased to note that you enjoyed our design, central location to shopping and sightseeing and that our accommodation and breakfast spread were to your liking.

Rest assured I will share your comments with the team and they will be delighted with your words of encouragement.

Looking forward to your return trip and in the meantime, I remain,