“Amazing in shanghai!”

Ranked #5 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Shanghai, China
“Amazing in shanghai!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We arrived much earlier than check in time, but were immediately accommodated in an upgraded room. On the day of our departure, we were able to store our luggage and spend the day in Shanghai before our evening flight. This hotel is one of the best we have stayed in and, though not cheap, whilst offering a two nights for the price of one introductory offer, represents excellent value.The staff could not be more helpful and attentive. The swimming pool, which we had for ourselves for two days, is magnificent. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable with everything you might need provided.

Room Tip: Amazing in shanghai!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you so much for posting such great comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your brief visit with us and that we were able to offer you an upgrade and have your room ready before the actual check-in time and yes indeed, the introductory offer represents excellent value for money!

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, especially your comments on our helpful and attentive our staff came accross.

I am happy to read your enjoyed our magnificient infinity pool, which you had for yourselves for the two days and that our spacious rooms provided everything you were looking for.

My staff and I wish you a very fabulous 2014 and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We spent a weekend at the Puli recently, and were very impressed with hotel and the service offered. The two standouts for me were the Spa (which was fabulous), and the Sunday brunch at the Jing'an Restaurant, which is worth a visit even if you're not staying at the hotel. In addition, the pool and gym were great, and the staff were very accommodating with our request for a late check-out. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you're visiting Shanghai, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Grand King rooms have great views over Jing'an
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma D
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I was especially pleased to note that you particularly enjoyed both our Spa and our Sunday Brunch at Jing'An Restaurant and that we were able to accommodate your request for a late check-out.

My team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and wish you a very fabulous 2014.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stay at The Puli from time to time and generally love this high rise 'boutique' hotel near Jing'An temple. Its certainly an oasis in the middle of an urban jungle. A great business hotel for a night or two - with a really nice pool and spa and spacious and clean rooms which offer a good sleep and a Nespresso machine.

As a regular, I do notice some signs of ageing and small service failures which hotel management should address in detail especially in light of the high competition next door (reference to newly opened Shangri-La).

Getting a taxi is a problem (design fault... the entrance is secluded and its so difficult to attract cabs. The hotel is possibly not big enough to have its own regulars; on our last day we waited for 20 minutes and were late at a meeting.

Breakfast : I wouldn't agree its the best in the world - and the staff although nice and courteous - have comprehension problems (English). I feel that the offerings are pretty slim (perhaps I am being too judgmental having just returned from Norway and Finland where 4 star hotels have breakfasts to die for).

All in all- a nice hotel to stay in/around Jing'An

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your patronage and for writing your comments following your stay at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I was pleased to read that you were very satisfied with the overall services and amenities and our peaceful location, and I have noted your observations about our breakfast offer and our colleagues' English abilities.

Rest assured that your valuable comments have been taken in the spirit intended.
You will be happy to read that we do undertake ongoing and regular English lessons, especially for our "front of house colleagues" so as to facilitate and promote guest interactions.

I appreciate your great feedback and look forward to welcome you to The PuLi hopefully soon again.

Bologna
Reviewed 9 December 2013

It is my second time here. It's a 5 stars hotel, lobby, treatment and there are many reasons to confirm my impressions, from very personalyzed service to minibar refreshments in the room for free and a lot of amenities to use. The infinite pool is the last surprise of this spot, one of the best I've ever experienced. The cost, compared to all that I've written, is very very competitive.

Room Tip: Try to have a room in the highest floor you can get
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emanuele V
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a great review and for sharing your feedback, especially when we were able to top your last visits overall experience!

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you with an exceptional experience.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our indoor infinity pool design and experience and that it exceeded your expectations.

I concur with you that our overall services are very price competitive, that is also a testament for our high repeat guest ratio.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Montreal
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Perfect boutique hotel in the middle of Shanghai will all the amenities of a big chain.
It’s no surprise why it was rated #4 hotel in Shanghai when we booked last summer.

The staff is top notch, and we were allowed to checkout very late afternoon to catch an early evening flight. The breakfast selection is very decent.
Its about a 5 USD$ taxi ride from the Bund.
The only issue, is that there is an office tower next door with its own taxi stand so it sometimes take 5-10 minutes to get a cab in at the hotel.
The hotel is a short walk to the Jing'an Temple and Nanjing street shopping.

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious and well-appointed: great bath products, dual large closet space. Large bathr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Globetrotter_411
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you so much for the great review you posted on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed the spacious accommodation, overall services and amenities and our favorable location inmidst of the hustle and bustle.

It gives me immense pleasure to pass on a copy of your appreciations to the team about their "top notch" service.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to The PuLi and Shanghai.

Best regards,

Twickenham
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I came here for a 4 day visit with work and the whole place blew me away. The room was large with great facilities and view over the city. What was the best I have seen is the swimming pool. I went in there at night and it was just amazing. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PeteSimmonds
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback from your recent visit with us at The PuLi.

I am delighted that your guest accommodations exceeded your expectations from the inspiring city vistas, great facilities to the size.

I am also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our indoor infinity pool, especially at night when the lighting and atmosphere reach its peak.

My team and I look forward to blowing you away again and to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 4 December 2013

PROS:
- Design. Very stylish and tasteful design with Japanese influences. Everything looks very tranquil.. very cool lobby and public areas. A real urban oasis. Member of the design hotels.
- Rooms. Very very spacious, free minibar (non-alcoholic drinks).
- Bath tub. Just wow.. located right at the window, overlooking Shanghai.
- Great staff.. really went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay, including giving us an upgrade to the club rooms.
- Swimming pool and spa are awesome. Infinity pool, big windows, big beds. Once again, the design is one of a kind. Perfect to unwind after a busy day and watch the sunset there.
- Location. The bund is nice and all, but I really recommend staying in Jing'An district.. the hotel is walking distance from the french concession (about 10 minutes) with plenty of nice restaurants, bars, shops etc.

Probably the best city hotel I've stayed at.. (and I've been to many). Everything about this hotel is just perfect. No wonder it ranks among the 50 best hotels in the world.

CONS:
- Absolutely nothing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luuk87
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your fabulous TripAdvisor comments and feedback following your stay at The PuLi.

I am very happy to read you enjoyed the stylish and tasteful design of our urban resort and that your guestroom was equally a success in terms of comfort and size.

Most importantly I am delighted that our team members were all successful in making your stay such a pleasant one. They will be happy to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed!

I agree with you wholeheartedly that our central location next to subway, shopping and sightseeing makes us one of the most sought after destinations.

I am indeed very humbled by your kind words and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Shanghai very soon.