“Junior Suite was incredible”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip in June 2013. This was the most impressive and classiest hotel I have ever been in. My room was a junior suite, and it was just amazing. Everything was prestine and very elegant. My favorite features were the giant windows in the living room (and bathroom) showing Shanghai. Another cool amenity was having a personal butler on-call 24/7.

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your generous review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi last June. That was very kind of you indeed.

My team and I are thrilled to know you had such an impressive visit and that you enjoyed your amazing junior suite and amenities to its fullest.

And yes, I agree with you that the living room's and bathroom's' window front are quite special, especially at night when you get to see Shanghai's busy night life in full view.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in 2014, and in the meantime, I remain,

With kindest regards,

Jan B. Tibaldi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the Puli. The overall experience is simply out of this world - excellent manners and service from the staff, from the front desk to the fitness centre. The room design blends old and modern china perfectly and the free mini bar and snacks was a great touch.

We also used their swimming pool, which was huge and heated to 28 degrees. Huge, comfortable two-person couches also lined the side of the pool.

I cannot find a fault with the Puli except that I can't stay there longer.

• Stayed: January 2014
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us at The PuLi.

I am so pleased that your overall experience was out of this world, from the perfect blend of old and modern China guest room design, to the excellent and well mannered staff to the multiple amenities.

I concur that the indoor infinity swimming pool with its comfortable two-persons couches make this experience truly relaxing and inviting!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for hopefully a longer stay soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The best hotel I have stayed in quite awhile. We took cabs to scenic areas in town, but enjoyed the relaxed feeling of the hotel. Breakfast was complete and varied with a complete mix of foods but offered an option to order off the menu.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I really appreciate the time you took to post your nice review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at The PuLi.

My team and I are delighted your experience was such a great one and that our urban resort was relaxing.

Our colleagues will be happy to note that their hard work is paying off and we already look forward to your next visit, hopefully soon!

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Puli on my first visit to Shanghai, as it was recommended through a friend of mine.

I was not disappointed and as a hotel and urban retreat it certainly ticked every box for location, service, atmosphere and the facilities on offer. A special mention in regards to the staff who we attentive, friendly and efficient in their endeavors.

I will definitely make a point of staying at this hotel again on my next visit to this industrious and exciting city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

My team and I are humbled by your high praise and thank you for choosing The PuLi for your first visit to Shanghai.

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed our urban resort feel, location with close proximity to great sightseeing and shopping, and our relaxing atmoshpere.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests personalized and warm service delivery and I am so pleased that our entire team contributed towards your great stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to our oasis in exciting Shanghai and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Overall- the best hotel I have ever experienced. Where ever you lay your eyes- its just pure beautiful. We had the suite at 26. floor, and it was stunning- the views, the furniture the decoration. So cool-and yet so inviting. Amazingly mixture of ancient chinese culture, and ultra-modern facilities. The SPA is heaven, the pool marvelous, even the library is breathtaking.
The restaurant is really really god- the staff really really helpful. My biggest problem during these 3 days was, that I could´nt both enjoy the views from the enormous cosy sofa in the livingroom, lay in the tub in the masterbedroom(!) svim in the pool (or sit in a pool-sofa sipping a drink), using the spa, and eating in the restaurant- at the same time.... and even Shanghai is so worth visiting, it was difficult even leaving The PuLi during the day

Room Tip: Have only tried the Suite- but it is to die for, and really value for money
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I hope your onwards travels were smooth and uneventful.

Thank you so much for posting your most gracious review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

My team and I are delighted to know we were able to make such a positive impression with your fine self, both on the service and the infrastructure side of things.

At The PuLi, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and I am glad that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Shanghai.

I am also pleased to note that you have appreciated our overall facilities, Spa and great food.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and all team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

It's true, all the reviews are correct, the hotel is perfect.

Where do I start? The location, located in the center of central Shanghai with line 2 and line 7 subway at your doorstep, and next to the elevated highway, getting to and from the airport could not be easier. You can get to the airport is about 30 minutes guaranteed, no need to worry about traffic.

The surrounding area has really transformed itself into a shopping, dinning and entertainment hub. Sure, it may not be as organised as Xintiandi, but you won't find yourself short of places to eat and drink, especially now that the Kerry Center opposite is open, it even has a cinema (although a bit expensive at 100 RMB a ticket). Nanjing Road and the Bund are all within reach on line 2.

Now onto the hotel, the lobby is very much understated elegance, not grand, but serene and green oasis, such contrast to the urban environment outside the walls of the hotel. They have lots of art pieces adorning the hallways and walls. Check in was very smooth and was quickly shown to the elevator.

The room was comtemporary oriental design that will suit most people's tastes. Plenty of wardrobe space at the entrance and also in the bathroom, which is separated from the bedroom by a sliding partition. I really loved the position of the sofa and bath tub, which were both right next to the window, so you can enjoy the view while reading a book or soaking in the tub (which has a pillow that is specifically to be used in the bath tub, first time I've seen such pillow).

The room is so simple and minimalist, but elegant and comfortable. There's a table that doubles as a desk, with a plug panel, but because they have thought of everything, you will find a technology kit that contains the cables you need, such as video, audio cables for PC and iPad/iPhone.

You will also find a mini bar which is complimentary, so it is not fully stocked, just soft drinks and beer, and some candy.

We asked for a high floor and were given a room on the 17th floor. Normal rooms go up to the 19th floor, and then it is the club rooms upto 25th floor. The view is good on a clear day.

On the service side, they were very courteous and accomodating. We asked to change room because the controller for the blind did not work and they were very happy to allow us to view the new room and change. We did not encounter any other issues.

The only fault I could find was the internet speed was slow. It was slow even loading the hotel's own website to make a reservation. I hope this can be improved.

We really loved the hotel and found the rate to be reasonable, if you book early to get some discount.

We were so impressed, we already made another booking coming back to the hotel very soon. This is a new favorite hotel in Shanghai.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calfie
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your gracious and detailed feedback from your recent experience at The PuLi and I am thrilled that we provided everything you required for a wonderful Shanghai experience!

I have shared your comments with our colleagues and they are very motivated by your positive feedback

My team and I are delighted that we exceeded your expectations from the spacious guest accommodations and inspiring design, to our urban resort feel and layout, to the accommodating and courteous service provided by our team members.

I concur that our centralized and convenient location is exceptional and I am so pleased that you explored the neighborhood and enjoyed the easy public access to the major seights and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to your new favorite Shanghai hotel and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is one hotel that deserves an excellent rating! Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights and regretted not being able to stay longer.

What are the pluses? Excellent service from start to finish. Beautiful ambiance...warm, cozy and boutique. It does not serve traditional Chinese cuisine but fusion style. Excellent preparation and fresh.

Room was simply furnished with clean lines...my style. Nice comfortable beds, good size room. FREE Minibar!! Nespresso machine. There were other small little things that made this hotel a memorable one. Bath salts next to the tub, good strong hairdryer, nice toiletries, power plug socket next to the beds. And the best part? Located at one of the best location in Shanghai. High-end malls around with plenty of nice restaurant choices!!!

Good job Puli!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write such a lovely review about The Puli on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to note that the hotel, ambiance and its services exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the room, layout and amenities to its fullest.

Your appreciative words have been shared with the team for whom it is a tremendous source of inspiration to deliver continuous excellent service.

Warm regards,