“love every bit”

Ranked #4 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Vancouver, Canada
“love every bit”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

fantastic! stayed for only two nights... but i have been missing it. love the staffs. they are very attentive and helpful. The concierge staffs are so knowledgeable about SH. The spa is perfect and i wish i could have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank babeuske
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your great review on TripAdvisor following your 2-day stay at The PuLi.

My entire team and I are delighted to know that you are already missing us and thank you for recognizing the efforts made to ensure you were well looked after.

My colleagues will be happy to know that their had work and dedication has not gone unnoticed and in particular the entire Concierge team for their knowledge in ensuring our guests find their way around Shanghai.

Together with the Spa team we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another stay-cation for more pampering and bliss.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed 2 February 2014

It was an incredible experience. I wanted to take two days off to relax and this was the perfect choice. Paying for The Club experience gave me access to their top notch gym fitness facility, swimming pool, sauna and Jacuzzi. The room was with an amazing view of the city and facing Jing'An Temple. Ah, on top of that, you have a 24 hours butler at your service, complimentary drink, all you can drink from the mini-bar and so on. There are more complimentary elements if you are willing to pay their high price. Room was extremely spacious, with free internet access (WiFi) and a bathtub facing the Shanghai skyline.
Like I've said, it's not a cheap hotel but you get all that you invested on. If I could point things to improve I would say: I would recommend a high speed internet, even if it's paid (cable connection). Also, the Bose sound system uses the 30 pin old iPhone plug. I have iPhone 5 so I could really take advantage of it. It was a bit disappointing. Also I would like to be able to order a drink from the Long Bar to my room, which was not possible. I also think there are not that many options for the breakfast. The warm dishes ordered through the menu were all rather fairly small portions but at least you can order more if you want. It's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: Ask the room that faces the Jing'An temple. You also have a small park on that view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank epessoa
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your patronage and for writing your kind and constructive comments following your stay at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I was pleased to read that you had an incredible experiense and that you were very satisfied with the overall services and amenities, and I have noted your observations.

Rest assured that your valuable comments have been taken in the spirit intended.

You will be happy to read that we do have IPhone 5 plug connection upon request - I apologize that we failed to inform you about this during your room orientation.
With the absence of a physical Club Lounge per say, we do ask our Club guests to enjoy their complimentary beverages a the Long Bar.

I appreciate your great feedback and look forward to welcome you to The PuLi hopefully soon again.

Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights & wish I could have stayed longer! Located just off Nanjing West Road & very close to the Ji'An Temple. A beautiful hotel that delivers excellent service. Booked via the website and got a great deal by booking 20 days in advance of the stay for a room on a club floor. The room was on the 22nd floor with great views, floor to ceiling windows in bedroom & bath area. The club floor room came with a 24 hours butler service, which totally amazed me, daily laundry allowance, drinks allowance in the long bar, breakfast, afternoon tea, aperitif drinks, free mini bar & snacks & 20% off spa treatments. All those benefits meant the cost of the room was great value for money. Lovely infinity lap pool that overlooks the local park. The service in this hotel is excellent. The staff were friendly & did everything possible to make the stay a good one, helping to arrange restaurants & organising tours. Just can't fault this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Any Club floor room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your lovely TripAdvisor review following your stay with us at The PuLi.

I am delighted to note that you wanted to stay longer with us! I concur with you that your advance booking deal represented excellent value for money with all the benefits and amenities offered within.

My colleagues will be delighted to note that their efforts in making your stay was a full success and that their hard work is paying off. Thank you for recognizing that.

I look forward to your return when you are next in Shanghai and remain,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Now this is my type of hotel, a beautiful ultra modern chic hotel without the over the top grand entrance, luxury chandeliers and marble floors. This was definitely the best hotel we stayed at in China.
The reception area and downstairs bar is dimly lit which added a touch of intimacy about it, although the mini bar was free we felt compelled to sit downstairs to have a drink. The rooms are ultra modern with a beautiful view of the gardens. The bathroom and bedroom was integrated into one room but had the ability of using sliding doors to separate the rooms if you didn't want to disturb your partner. The shower and toilet had it's own cubicle whilst the bath sat under the massive window and is heavenly to just sit in it and watch Shanghai. The motorway can be seen from the windows but this did not interfere with my viewing pleasures.
The executive room came with a personal butler, drinks tab at the bar, afternoon tea at restaurant, complimentary laundry service and a nice view.
I really enjoyed the buffet & menu breakfast, although the off the menu food doesn't always come at the same time but we found this practice in all the places we ate at in China. What I did like, was the concierge / butler wasn't afraid to directed my family to the Ritz Carlton Hotel for a fantastic Chinese meal. The Puli Hotel is the number 1 reason why I would visit Shanghai again on holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us at The PuLi.

I am so pleased that our urban resort with its design and layout, generous amenities and forthcoming service approach met your expectations and concur that the Club floor benefits represent exellent value for money.

My team and look forward to hopefully welcome you and your family back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip in June 2013. This was the most impressive and classiest hotel I have ever been in. My room was a junior suite, and it was just amazing. Everything was prestine and very elegant. My favorite features were the giant windows in the living room (and bathroom) showing Shanghai. Another cool amenity was having a personal butler on-call 24/7.

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your generous review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi last June. That was very kind of you indeed.

My team and I are thrilled to know you had such an impressive visit and that you enjoyed your amazing junior suite and amenities to its fullest.

And yes, I agree with you that the living room's and bathroom's' window front are quite special, especially at night when you get to see Shanghai's busy night life in full view.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in 2014, and in the meantime, I remain,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the Puli. The overall experience is simply out of this world - excellent manners and service from the staff, from the front desk to the fitness centre. The room design blends old and modern china perfectly and the free mini bar and snacks was a great touch.

We also used their swimming pool, which was huge and heated to 28 degrees. Huge, comfortable two-person couches also lined the side of the pool.

I cannot find a fault with the Puli except that I can't stay there longer.

• Stayed January 2014
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us at The PuLi.

I am so pleased that your overall experience was out of this world, from the perfect blend of old and modern China guest room design, to the excellent and well mannered staff to the multiple amenities.

I concur that the indoor infinity swimming pool with its comfortable two-persons couches make this experience truly relaxing and inviting!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for hopefully a longer stay soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The best hotel I have stayed in quite awhile. We took cabs to scenic areas in town, but enjoyed the relaxed feeling of the hotel. Breakfast was complete and varied with a complete mix of foods but offered an option to order off the menu.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest,
I really appreciate the time you took to post your nice review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at The PuLi.

My team and I are delighted your experience was such a great one and that our urban resort was relaxing.

Our colleagues will be happy to note that their hard work is paying off and we already look forward to your next visit, hopefully soon!