“close your eyes... make a wish...count to 3... Ta Da!”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 20 February 2014

was one of the trips where only phuket and my brothers wedding was plan but had to get to shanghai at some point for Biz...

and well found my self via Chinese whispers @ the Puli!!!'

I give it my patented @ thumbs Up!!!

Met some great peeps who work @ the puli and some great peeps who were staying @ the Puli.

Love it found myself in room 1011 my birth date which was kind of twilighty zone but good business ensued and some unexpected business too one three fronts from random run ins with peeps about the hotel!!!

lets just say i have found another home away from home!

Room Tip: Say Hello to random hotel guests and staff and who know what may become!!! Kinda like the mentos...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Phoenix H
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Wow, what a fabulous review - thank you very much for your very kind words of appreciation.

I am delighted your trip to Shanghai was such a successful one, both from a business and personal note.
And to have matched your d.o.b. with your roomnumber - what a coinsidence and good omen it turned out to be!

As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

At The PuLi, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery and I am delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us.

All team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,515)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The service was very good and attentive. The housekeepers were great; infact the housekeepers are probably the best in Shanghai. They are very polite and always with big smile. They sincerely and graciously apologize if they make any small mistakes.

The room was great. It is very surprising that the hotel is over 4 years old, and still looks brand spanking new. The puddle took a bit of time to dry in the shower. This was a construction issue, not the drainage issue.

The restaurant service is again one of the best in Shanghai.

This is a hotel with a difference. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here if you are in Shanghai or you are living in Shanghai and would like to get away from it all.

Puli, you will definitely see me again!

Room Tip: I think the room looking over the park is much nicer.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most gracious praises from your recent stay at The PuLi. I am truly honored that you think so highly of our housekeepers and restaurant servers.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many ways from our warm, attentive and friendly service provided by our team members to the lovely guest room and hotel upkeep.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is wonderful, I would recommend it to anyone. The pool is outstanding, and probably my favorite pool, anywhere. The sauna/shower facilities were excellent, also.

I stayed 5 nights here with my husband. The room was beautiful, old-Chinese style yet very comfortable.

The only thing I would recommend is perhaps some further education on wine for the bartenders. I know that wine culture in China is only recently developing. If this hotel had some staff who were very knowledgeable about wine, that would be very special!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

It is always nice to receive such positive feedback on our Spa and indoor infinity pool and more importantly, to also get constructive comments on how to improve in certain areas.
We will surely look into the current wine training program and see how we can better service our guests when it comes to overall wine education and knowledge.

I appreciate your kind comments about the staff and service, this is very gratifying to hear.

My team and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The PuLi and Shanghai again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very refined and elegant hotel in the heart of Shanghai. The rooms are spacious and offer spectacular views of the Shanghai skyline. Loved the bathtub situated next to the window allowing one to feel on top of the world !
The service is efficient and the food good. There is a large and varied choice for breakfast at the buffet. The long bar as you enter the hotel entrance is stunning.
With this hotel, you have the perfect combination of a western style hotel and the refined contemporary chinese interior design rolled into one. Decorative accents, artwork and the sleek interiors are gorgeous. Beautiful flower arrangements are placed in different places.
As soon as you step passed the sliding doors of the Puli, you are transported to another world.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank p m

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review posted on TripAdvisor following you and your families visit at The PuLi last summer.

I am very happy to read you enjoyed our spacious and well laid out guest rooms with their spectacular views of Shanghai's skyline and that the entire team was able to offer you and your family an enjoyable stay.

The culinary team will be equally delighted to know how much you appreciated both food and presentation, especially over the breakfast period.

Your description surely sums it up - Old world charm meets the comforts and amenities of modern life in every room at The PuLi, where contemporary design is accentuated with historic touches.

I hope to have the pleasure of your return to The PuLi in the near future and remain,

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We tried many hotels in Shanghai. That one was the best ever for a zen experience. Rooms are bright, warm and huge at the same time. We felt completely relaxed after one night there. We did love the bathtub along the windows. We will go back for sure

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your most generous feedback posted on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi last spring.

All our colleagues make every effort to maintain high standards of timely and quality service delivery and I am delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us.

I am very glad you enjoyed our comfortable, sizeable rooms and layout - and yes, I conquer with you that the bathtubs along the window front are very nice!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This is a very remarkable hotel. I've been to different hotels in Shanghai and I can say that this one is the best so far! We took the club level room and it's just worth it. You get a butler service, late check out (upto 11pm) which is a good thing if you have a late flight, you can also consume everything from the mini bar which includes bottle of wines, beer, juices, and nuts. The bathroom was just amazing too. This is an A+ hotel. Be prepared to be pampered. I'll definitely come back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thePOSHtraveler
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.

I am delighted to read that you found our urban resort to be the best hotel in Shanghai so far and that my team was succesfull in pampering you with your every needs!

We do take immense pride in our unique Club Floor Concept, and I am pleased that you took full advantage and use of the exclusive club benefits - this package indeed represents tremendous value for money.

I look very much forward to further pampering you when you are next in town and remain in the meantime,

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

the hotel was superb.. the room is not that big, but it has anything you need.. the bath tub is next to the large windows where you can see the city lights at night.. comfy bed but I don't like the pillows.. the best thing is that minibar is free and they refill it every day! yeay~ they even provide nespresso machine there.. awesome..
the staffs can speak English quite good (compared to other Chinese I met in Shanghai) and they are really helpful.. check-in and check-out process was really smooth..
location is good, next to malls and MRT stations.. but first it was hard to find (we came from the airport via MRT and follow the instructions provided in the hotel's website).. we asked the securities at the Reel Dept Store but they barely speak English so it's really hard to understand.. you gotta get out from the Dept Store, and then you'll find JP Morgan office building, just follow the directions and you'll find the hotel next to JP Morgan..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MLidw

Dearest Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your comments following your stay at The PuLi.

My team and I are really happy to note you had such a superb time and that you took full advantage of your room, layout and its amenities.

I am especially pleased to read that the staffs ongoing English training is paying dividends and is showing signs of continuous improvement.

We do take pride in our service approach as each and every colleague tries their best to ensure our guests are well looked after.

I look forward to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon when your travels take you back to Shanghai and remain,

With kind regards,