The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Yan'an Hotel(Shanghai)
  • Restaurant
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
  • Room Service
Xinchang Hostel(Shanghai)
Minttown Hotel(Shanghai)
1,562 results
All reviewsurban resortjing'an parkcomplimentary mini bargrand roomnespresso machinefrench concessionbutler servicebustling citydark woodstylish hotelsteam roompark hyattlobby areaamazing hotelmetro stationrooms are largevisiting shanghai
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Puli for 5 nights in March/April while on a short holiday break and were not disappointed with our selection. We had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and were pleased that the Puli matched what was written. Our room was on the 22nd floor and we had great views out over the city. The staff are super friendly and efficient and seemed to almost fall over each other to help us out. We had drinks and a snack most evenings in the Long bar and the selection was excellent. The free mini bar was a surprise and a nice touch.
We didn't have breakfast on any morning but did eat in the restaurant one night and really enjoyed what we had. The switches for the blinds did take a bit of working out but once mastered had no issues. A great place to stay in Shanghai in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RocketMelbourne
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review following your stay with us at The PuLi.

My team and I are delighted to read that we were successful in ensuring that you were efficiently looked after and that your every needs were met in a friendly manner.

We do put a lot of energy and focus in training and courtesy without being too formal and I can see it is paying dividends.

I look forward to your return visit and please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need any assistance whatsoever.

In the meantime I remain,

With kindest regards

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My most recent stay was the 2nd time I stayed at The Puli, and I was not disappointed. Another amazing repeat performance from the staff. Check-in/Check-out was always prompt, no lines at all. I was always greeted by the staff, and they remembered me from my previous stay, which was a nice touch.

Free mini-bar is a rare thing to find, and while it does leave some things to be desired as the selection is not as wide, you still get a great spread of soft drinks, juices, water, and even Tsing Tao beers waiting for you, nice and cold.

The hotel has a zen feel, and is very relaxing. I stayed at quite a few higher-end hotels recently, including the W Hotel Hong Kong, and Intercontinental Hong Kong, and the rooms at The Puli were of the highest quality. No cheap facades, or toiletries.

The breakfast at the Jing'An restaurant on the 2nd floor is great, because it is made to order - unlike many other restaurants that have breakfast buffets and have food under heat lamps.

Location is great too, just a short walk to Nanjing Road, that offers a few different malls, including high-end shops like Hermes, etc… and smaller stores. You will also find a Uniqlo, Zara Home, and the Han City Fashion Mall (Bootleg mall) within walking distance of the hotel.

It's the only place I'll stay when visiting Shanghai.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MRKPMNTL

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for returning to The PuLi and for commenting in details about your recent stay with us.

I was most pleased to note that your 2nd time back was another amazing repeat, especially in regards to the overall service and recognition. My team will be happy to read that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I am very greatful of your patronage and look very much forward to welcoming you back soon when you are next in Shanghai.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I really wish I can give 5-star rating for The Puli but there are some points that made me change my mind and gave it a 4 instead. Let's elaborate further shall we?

Positive:
+ Ambiance. This is a very strong selling point of The Puli. As a guest, you really feel relaxed and comfortable. There is this sense of sophistication and a dash of elegance all around the property. You don't see hordes of notorious local Chinese tourists and their massive suitcases, you don't see massive tour buses park in the lobby. Instead, you get to see businessmen and businesswomen, "hipsters", couples, etc who are just there to enjoy the relaxing and quiet ambiance
+ Decor. You just cannot fault The Puli's design. It's very zen. It's very classy. It's very calming. It's simplistic in nature yet sophisticated in detail
+ Room. The room is large and very modern. Minibar is always stocked. Bathroom amenities is of high quality. Big bathtub, beautiful view, big flat screen TV, nice bed, what else can you ask for?
+ Room service. Orders were delivered in 30 minutes. Set-up was very beautiful. High quality china and silverware. The taste of the food was amazing. It was very very very good
+ Breakfast. Excellent offering, high quality ingredients, nice china and silverware. Very-very good value!
+ Gym is small but adequate and the machines are maintained well. The gym is also tastefully decorated
+ The swimming pool. It's mind blowing! Very beautiful and pleasing in the eyes. Very quiet and kept very clean. The changing room, the sauna, the steam room, the jacuzzi, everything is of high quality material.
+ The spa. An incredible experience! A bit expensive but well worth the money. Much better than The Banyan Tree Spa
+ Location. It's very conveniently located in the heart of Jing An district :)

Now, a few things that I think deserve attention from the management (and why I didn't give 5 star for this review)
* Too many switches in the room to control the curtains, lights, tv, etc. I got so confused just to turn off the lights in the room
* One morning, we were rushed several times to finish breakfast and asked to leave as the restaurant was going to be set-up for lunch
* Upon arrival, we were escorted to our room by the front desk staff. We then entered the elevator with the front desk staff. As the doors were about to close, suddenly another staff blocked the door and pushed himself in the elevator. We were shocked with his manner as he clearly knew he saw there were guests in the elevator. he could have waited for a different elevator or just use the stairs as he only needed to go from the ground floor to the second floor. The front desk staff did apologize for this rude behaviour from his colleague though
* The front desk staff failed to notice that we had changed our reservation and the some other perks we had requested. We had changed our stay from one night only to two nights but upon check-in, the check-in staff was puzzled. We also asked for a bottle of champagne to be prepared and chilled upon our arrival. This order was not acknowledged and seemed to be forgotten until my partner flagged one of the staff. Mind you that everything was done in e-mails prior to our arrival. We even indicated what time we would arrive in the e-mail.

I wouldn't hesitate to come back and stay at The Puli again. Either for business trip or for staycation, The Puli offers solid product, high-quality food, and a relaxing environment. It gives the sense of exclusivity without being snobbish. I am very sure The Puli will be able to keep its guests away from competition next door, the Jing An Shangri-la.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing Jing An park. Otherwise, you will be given a room facing Kerry Center, a massive office building complex. Also, ask for a room on higher floor as there is a nearby elevated highway. Can be quite noisy during the busy peak hours
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NLY39739
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback from your recent staycation with us at The PuLi.

I am delighted to note that you and your husband had an overall great stay with us and that we were generally successful in ensuring you were comfortable and relaxed and well looked after.

In particular I was pleased to read that the ambiance, decor, modern and sizeable room product and amazing food met your expectations.

Despite these highlights, I was disappointed to learn that your check-in experience was not as straightforward and smooth as it should have been. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor impression in not recognizing all reservation details you so kindly communicated. Furthermore, I am happy to inform you that we have rectified the other service issues you pointed out so as to avoid any re-occurrence.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been taken in the spirit intended and I do hope to have the opportunity to personally meet you when you are next in our neighborhood.

In the meantime, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Awesome! One word to sum up the Puli experience. Stayed here for the Rolling Stone concert. From the time arriving at the front door to check-in, concierge, I found all the service at the Puli to be the best by far I've come across in China. If you want the attention, the ambience, the place to relax and be pampered, this is it.

The room was very modern, clean, and private. The breakfast with fresh fruit, great selection of breakfast food, coffee was a rare treat. The lounge is great for meeting and for cocktails before heading out on the town. Felt very safe and at home the entire time. The front desk, bell staff, and concierge were all top rate professional. 5 stars well earned. Well done Puli!

Room Tip: Upper level floors. Awesome.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your most generous feedback following your stay at The PuLi during the Rolling Stones concert.

I am so happy to read your visit was such an awesome experience, especially from a service perspective as we try our very best to ensure each and every guest is looked after in a unobtrusive, yet focussed way.

My entire team will be delighted to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed - thank you very much for highlighting that aspect!

And if service and ambience can be in harmonious standing then pampering follows and comes across in a much more naturall way.

I look very much forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home and in the meantime, I remain,

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel is excellent. I have been here several times for business. The staff is impeccable and the rooms are very comfortable. They are modern but not cold. Really classy. The pool is very relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us. I am honored to be your hotel of choice in Shanghai!

I am delighted that our spacious guest accommodations meet your expectations and that you enjoy their modern yet comfortable design.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a warm service delivery and I am so pleased that we were successful in achieving this with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

With kindest regards,