“Pulling power of the Puli”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 5,104 Hotels in Shanghai
Brighton, England
“Pulling power of the Puli”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Full marks for the doorman (Checked the taxi receipt that we weren’t overcharged) to the front desk that checked us in (early and upgraded to the rear Jingan park and Temple view) and the on the ball concierge who had the information about our evening Acrobat show tickets to hand.
Concur with all the other positive comments previously posted. Three things stood out for us. The high ceilings in the bedrooms enhanced the very spacious feeling and the genuine good sq footage given. The inclusion of identical wash facilities for both you and any partner added to the personal feel too and was very practical both for storage and in use in the mornings and evenings. Finally the complimentary minibar was restocked each day (unlike some other hotels we have stayed in where it is sneaky on the basis of “for the stay”.
We didn't use the gym or breakfeast facilities. Tip- the building next door has a small convenience store for juices sandwiches etc and on the other side several small cafes.
Location wise- very pleasant during the day and felt safe at night- surrounded by upscale named stores and attractively decorated and lit boulevard leading to Peoples square.
Highly recommended and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your words of appreciation and encouragement. I am glad that you had a memorable stay.

I am especially grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the team, in particular our doorman and concierge. At The PuLi, we are committed to providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

3 key elements are essential in a hotel, Height, Light, Space and if you can match that with service and great amenities such as the complimentary mini bar, then you truly have a winner!

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My gf and I recently stayed at the Puli for her bday. I booked a club room and asked the "butler" if he could arrange a bday surprise as well as spa appointments and a dinner at the Jing An restaurant. All in all the staff blew me away. The amenities are world class, the spa is phenomenal and we had an amazing experience. Too bad it was only one night! We'll definitely be coming back for special occasions.

Room Tip: I recommend the club level for awesome service.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,
I really appreciate you taking the time to writing such a lovely review following your short celebration stay at The PuLi.

We are all delighted to know your girlfriend's birthday was a total success and hope to have many more within our urban resort.

You surely made the right choice in selecting the Club benefits as they represent such great value.
I was very happy that our team blew you away in terms of service - they will be happy to know that their efforts and hard work are paying off and have not gone unnoticed.

What can I say other than, we all look forward to many more opportunities of delivering phenomenal and amazing experiences at The PuLi.

Until then I remain,

McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is my favorite place in all of Shanghai. I love the location, the amenities and the comfort and luxury of being able to stay in this hotel. I stayed here for a weekend with a loved one and we hardly had to leave the block where the hotel is located to be able to enjoy excellent food, amazing scenery, and ultimate comfort. Our room was a standard room, but was equipped with every amenity imaginable. The Puli has one of the best breakfasts that I've had at hotels in all of China and it's worth every penny to stay here. We spent as much time as we could utilizing the spa and pool areas and to our surprise, they were nearly empty most of the time. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your raving review following your weekend stay at The PuLi.

I was very happy to note that our urban resort is your favorite place in Shanghai, from the location, amenities and comfort and luxury to having the greatest breakfast spread in all of China!

I conquer with you - our Spa and pool are very lovely indeed, and you have total privacy during certain periods of the day when our business guests are usually out and about for their meetings.

My team and I really look forward to your return visit and again, thank you very much for recommending The PuLi - please feel free to contact me if I may be of any help whatsoever.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Top one hotel in SH. World Class service and facilities. must stay whenever in SH. this is the best stay experience I have never had in SH. Thanks for the Puli's devotion that makes the City better and humanity.

• Stayed April 2014
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback from your recent experience at The PuLi.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our World Class service and facilities and that we were able to make your stay the best one ever in Shanghai!
You have indeed made me very proud of our team who work very hard to ensure our guests are very well looked after.

Thank you for your advocacy and look I forward to welcoming you back soon to your new home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed there a few times in the past two years, both with my girlfriend. The decor is beautiful and the room is furnished with adequate gadgets. The staffs were nowhere close to being overly friendly, sometime even distant, but they do help you out when you need it.
I needed an umbrella and was wiling to buy one, but a young man just gave me one. That was really pleasant. Also, the breakfast was not bad. Not as good as those provided in hotels in big resorts, but excellent comparing to its counterparts in Shanghai.

My only complaint is that the decor is getting aged and it's visible. I wish they would do a renovation soon, otherwise the modern-historic feel of the hotel may not sustain for too long.

Room Tip: Pick a suite. It's worth the money.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your comments and for your loyalty with The PuLi.

I was very happy to read that your return visit to our urban resort was a repeat success and thank you for your continuous patronage.

Your constructive feedback has been very well received and we will certainly evaluate it with the entire team.

You will be happy to know that we have ongoing maintenance programs throughout all areas of the hotel to ensure proper upkeep and timely updates.

Your observations will make us better moving forward and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when your travels take you back to Shanghai.

In the meanwhile, I remain,

With kindest regards

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is among the finest hotel experiences in the world. The decor, style, and service are unmatched. Feel free to stay at the stodgy Penninsula, or the pretentious Peace Hotel surrounded by loud laowai. This place is the ultimate in low key international Eurocool. Request a room overlooking the park - on a lower floor if possible, to appreciate some greenery and spy some authentic early am Tai Chi. Spend the early morning in the pool. Enter like Zack Galifianakis, exit like Daniel Craig! We love this place.

Room Tip: If you have the opportunity, ask for Mr. Zhang, the Front Office Manager. He will take great care o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Wow, thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us.

My team and I are thrilled to read that we were able to give you one of the finest experiences.

It is always great to hear that all elements, from decor, locaton and most of all service attitude were in sync to ensure you felt comfortable and looked after.

I am especially appreciative to read that Daniel our Front Office Manager was highlighted in your review - he will be equally happy to know that his hard work and great personality played a vital role in the success towards your stay.

The entire Puli Team looks forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance whatsoever.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Sexy in the city - what a nice surprise - perhaps one of my fav city hotels to date. Really stunning venue - great service especially from concierge. Shanghai also pleasant surprise! Small details everywhere - all elegant - great scent throughout the hotel. Stunning bar and great restaurant. Sorry we missed their high tea which looked AMAZING. Rooms very comfy and high end. Not cheap but a great city hotel - we look forward to discovering more from the Urban Resorts group. We loved it! (Great neighborhood for shopping and the Green Line - metro - is a minutes walk.)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JacoG
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

My team and I would like to thank you so much for having taken the time to share these wonderful comments with us.

I am very touched and delighted that you enjoyed our overall services and especially our Concierge team. And yes, you must try our afternoon tea when you are next in house!

It was a pleasure for us to create all the small details in our Urban Resort in such a vibrant and exciting part of the city and an even more gratifying one when our guests pick up on them and comment on them so graciously.

My team and I already look forward to welcoming you back to one of your favorite city hotels to date soon.

With kind regards,