“Excellent in every way”

Ranked #5 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Seoul, South Korea
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've just returned from Shanghai and Puli Hotel and Spa after a 4nights stay.
Everything from check-in 'til the last minute of check-out was extremely satisfactory.
One of the largest deluxe room I've ever stayed in any hotel around the world.
Very well furnished and the best part of all is that the mini bar is all inclusive. No need to go out to the convenience store to buy drinks, water, beer, juice, coffee, snacks.
Even the room's slippers were the best i've ever seen. very comfortorable.
I also enjoyed to calm and peaceful pool and spa and also the large bath tub in our room with lots and lots of aroma salt to use for free.

I was well worth the money spent to book the hotel.

The location is awesome to and from the airport, and anywhere around the city.
The Jingansu station is right around the corner about 3minutes walking distance.
And the Reel Mall next door had some nice restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Four thumbs up from me and my husband.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review following your stay at The PuLi.

I am very pleased to note that your stay was extremely satisfactory and that you enjoyed your spacious deluxe room with its layout and amenities and complimentary mini bar. We were actually one of the first hotels to implement the latter!

It is also nice to know you were able to enjoy our peaceful pool and spa and relax from the hustle and bustle.

I totally agree with you that our location is awesome as you put it. You can literally get around by foot, taxi or public transportation to all the city's main attractions and highlights in very little time.

We look forward to your return visit in the not too distant future and remain,

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am regular business visitor to Shanghai and now always stay at the Puli. The facilities and service are superb. It is beautifully chic without being plastic and is unpretentious. The one time I did have a complaint about problems in my room (was given a smoking room instead of non-smoking, some items like the coffee machine not working properly) it was fixed and the way this was dealt with by the guest relations team was above my expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your marvelous Trip Advisor review!
We are honored that you have become a fan of The PuLi.

I am so happy that you have found the PuLi to be your hotel of choice in Shanghai and am delighted that our service and facilities are to your liking.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with warm and friendly service delivery and I am thrilled that we were successful in achieving this with you.

I look forward to your return visit and remain, in the meantime,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was an amazingly good. I couldn't imagine any way that it could possible improve. They never ceased to surprise me (for the good) and I won't reveal how, but others who stayed here would agree. Easily the best hotel that I have ever experienced - and I have stayed in 10+ 5* hotels across the world.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review - thanks very much for your generous words of appreciation.

I am very glad that were were "amazingly good" as our team works very hard to ensure every guest is well looked after. They will be happy to read that their hard work is paying off.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back when you are in town again so that we can continue pampering you accordingly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Puli in May 2014 and couldn't have asked for a better hotel. Total luxury, incredible design, welcoming and friendly staff and the Long Bar is a fabulous place in all of the city for cocktails. The pool and spa are absolutely amazing and exactly what you need after a day of site seeing around the city! We were upgraded to a grand studio corner room overlooking Jing'An Park and Temple which was absolutely amazing - the room is incredible, the views, lighting, bed and gorgeous bathroom - the whole set up was perfect, comfortable and felt like home instantly. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough - if you're looking for a cool, comfortable but luxurious hotel in Shanghai - the Puli is the place! Jing'An was one of our favourite areas in Shanghai as well - so much shopping, restaurants and backstreets full of character!

Room Tip: Corner grand studio room overlooking Jing'An park is the best room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a wonderful review of your stay on Trip Advisor.

It is always encouraging to hear compliments on our accommodations and I am pleased you enjoyed the upgrade to our Grand Studio with its great layout, design and amenities and lighting, and even more about our staff’s friendly and welcoming level of service.

I am also delighted to read you found some time to relax in between the shopping and sightseeing at our Spa and Pool and were able to decompress from the hustle and bustle.

Thank you for recommending our urban resort and my team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home whilst in Shanghai.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Oh man was this a cool hotel. I instantly felt like a super suave jet setter once I stepped into this place and it just kept getting better. Our room was on a higher floor and faced the park and was both elegant and high tech. Everything is controlled by remote, the huge floor to ceiling windows gave us a fantastic view. In fact, we had drinks in our room instead of the bar each night because of this even though the long bar is extremely cool. The lighting is nice and soft and the jet tub in front of the window is super comfortable and relaxing. After many hours walking through crowded Shanghai, coming back to this hotel before dinner was perfect. The spa is also great. The eucalyptus steam room was especially nice. The staff were all really nice and attentive and it's located in a great neighborhood that has a ton of restaurants, shopping and is a two minute walk to the Metro stop.
We had a great stay and I'll probably never be in a nicer hotel than this.

Room Tip: The street side can be noisy as the Shanghainese tend to honk their horns constantly while driving...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

And "Wow" back to you - thank you very much for posting such a cool review following your stay with us!

It is always refreshing to be able to read such great comments being in a city environment - that is why our urban resort concept is so established and well liked and sought out - it clearly shows in our high repeat guest ratio.

I fully conquer with you that once you step inside through the high wooden entrance doors, you kind of drop all notions of city stress, noise and hectic and immediately start to "decompress".

I am very happy that your keen eye enjoyed both hard- and software and that the entire team at The PuLi was able to deliver. The team will be very proud to hear that their service attitude, hard work and personal approach has been appreciated.

I hope that you will have many more repeat stays with us when you are next in Shanghai!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. The room was fantastic and the decor of the hotel in general was exceptional. The minus point for me was that it's difficult to get a cab from this hotel.. There is a bit of waiting and during cold nights, it was no fun. The location is not where all the crazy Shanghai city stuff are but it's centrally located with all new buildings and high end malls nearby.. If you want to get to know the real shanghai, better bet to stay at Nanjing road..

But Puli wins hands down for the quality of bed, the ambience, the decor.. For the price, the customer service is a little lacking but in China, I would say it's the the top quadrant but not the best ice experienced in China.
Interesting experience if you have money to spend

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay in January and appreciate the effort in posting your comments on TA - thank you.

If I may give some additional information on taxis in Shanghai. There is a serious shortcoming of taxis as supply and demand are clearly not equal, especially for the magnitude of the city and during peak times this can become somewhat of a difficult and frustrating experience.

As for our location - we are centrally located within the very happening and convenient JingAn district in short walking distance to Nanjing Road and within easy reach of the tube station situated next to the hotel.

I am very happy you enjoyed the comfort of our bedding, the ambience and decor of our urban resort and look forward to having you return in the near future.

Until then I remain,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Absolutely the best hotel experience I have ever had. We only stayed one night, but will definitely be back. Rooms, service, facilities - everything was amazing. We were lucky enough to be given a suite with the most incredible bathroom and sitting area. We loved it so much we ended up staying in for dinner and the room service food was also fantastic. This is so often something that lets hotels down and I am usually reluctant to risk it. Definitely recommend the food at the PuLi though!
A big thank you to all the staff here for making our stay so special!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time and effort you took to post your review on TA following your stay with us at The PuLi and thank you for recommending us.

I really enjoyed reading your lovely accolades and I am delighted you enjoyed your short stay and the spacious suite.

Who needs to leave the comfort of their suite when you are enjoying the amenities and layout and have everything you can imagine at your beck and call....?

The Culinary team will be very pleased to read you enjoyed their food so much and I hope we will have the opportunity to having you return in the near future again.