“Great place.. great hotel”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Serpong, Indonesia
“Great place.. great hotel”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Wonderful interior, superb service. Great place to stay by your own or with family. You will find a calm environment inside the hotel, an oasis that contrast with busy Shanghai. And when you walk outside the hotel, you will find that you are in the city center. Great, isn't it?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for posting your comments on TA following your stay at The PuLi.

I am delighted you chose to stay at our urban resort and I am very pleased that all colleagues were able to deliver the high standards of quality service and that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Shanghai.

All team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to our calm environment inmidst the hustle and bustle of Shanghai in the near future.

Jan B. Tibaldi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 June 2014

shanghai typically stresses me out. However, the stay I had at the PULI was so amazing I am actually looking forward to heading back there. the décor is wonderful, the spaces feel so intimate and calming. The service is absolutely outstanding. Everyone from the waitress to the butler are friendly, professional and helpful. they anticipate your needs and are very eager to please. when I booked the club room, I thought it was a tad pricey, but after the stay, I think its definitely value for money. Cant imagine staying anywhere else in Shanghai. superb location too!

Room Tip: club room.
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at The PuLi.

Thank you for for your kind words of appreciation - it is always good to hear that our urban resort has such a soothing and decompressing feel to it.

The entire hotel lay out and design, with its location being just next to the Jing An park, is one of calm and intimacy.

I am especially pleased to note that the team were friendly, professional and helpful in their approach and that they were able to anticipate your needs. They will be happy to read that their hard work is paying off.

I look forward to be able to hopefully welcome you back to our Club floor category so that we can continue to pamper you and remain until then,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

For the price you pay, this hotel is definitely bang for your buck!

The hotel and rooms are impeccably clean, new and modern.

The location is very convenient. A close 5 minute walk to the train station. You are pretty much in the equivalent of Fifth / Madison Avenue if you want to do some shopping.

The hotel concierge was able to get us reservations at almost all the places we wanted to eat.

My one complaint is that the people don't smile enough, especially people at the concierge. My husband and I wanted to take an adventurous daytrip to Suzhou or ZhouZhuang by train and asked the concierge for recommendations, train schedules (bullet train), and where to take the train from. He basically told us it was impossible and then gave us the wrong information. We woke up at 6am to catch our train, but because of the misinformation we missed our first train and the next train was not until 11am.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at The PuLi and I very much appreciated to read your feedback.

I was very happy to note that you found our urban resort to be of great value for money and that from the convenient location, to the impeccably clean and modern interior, you were very satisfied.

Your comment about the generally positive encounter with our Concierge service has been noted and we will ensure additional training is done on public transportation time table readings - please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please know that your feedback has been taken in the spirit intended and I have shared your comments with the entire team so that we may improve our services.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Traveled to Shanghai for business and stayed at The Puli. Wonderful interiors, superb service. Very reasonably price for a luxury hotel. Located right in the center of Shanghai, close to Jing'An park and with a fantastic view to Jing'An temple. The Club members get great benefits such as 24/7 service, complimentary drinks and menu, laundry service, etc. The staff is amazing and always there, very friendly and professional. The room was one of the best I've even seen - huge one, the interiors consisted of contrasting dark wood and rattan furniture with neutral fabrics.
If I return to Shanghai I will stay at Puli again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting such a lovely review following your stay at The PuLi.

It is always gratifiying for a General Manager to read that pretty much everything within your stay was such a success - from the hotel's ideal location, superb service by the team, great interiors, reasonably priced, superb benefits for Club members, friendly and amazing staff, greatly appointed and comfortable guest rooms, inovative and beneficial amenities.

Truly a testament to the entire team that made The PuLi what it is today - an oasis of tranquility surrounded by guest centric staff looking to please.

I look very much forward to your return visit and wish you a wonderful European summer!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is an outstanding property. The kind of property that you can confidently and unreservedly recommend to anyone who'll listen. Stunning lobby, great bar, divine breakfast, excellent rooms (spacious and high ceilings), sensational service and a fabulous pool. This was my second stay for business and in spite of my very high expectations (after my prior stay) the second visit was as fantastic as the first. Congratulations to the team at The PuLi for consistently delivering an excellent experience in a vibrant and exciting city. Elegant and stylish. Relaxing and energising. I hope to have the pleasure of staying with you again in the near future.

Dear Guest,

Wow, what a lovely review - thank you for returning to The PuLi and for posting your comments on TA.

My team and I are delighted to know that your return visit and very high expectations were met again and that all aspects of your stay, from sensational service levels to excellent and well designed hardware, all fell into place! All members will be happy to know that their hard work and service attitude is paying off.

Thank you for recommending us and I look very much forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Until then I remain,

Melbourne
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Travelled to Shanghai from Melbourne for a weekend of relaxation. Chose to stay at The Puli and it was superb, felt like I was like stepping into a serene haven from the moment of arrival to the time of departure. Great location for exploring this wonderful city and a great way to treat yourself. The services were of a high standard and nothing was too much trouble. The amenities also of high standard and you can see why it is still a popular choice for architects. You won't be disappointed if you get the chance to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to write such a wonderful review on TA following your recent stay at The PuLi.

I am glad you chose to stay at The Puli for a relaxing visit and that it was superb.
We hear this statement from numerous guests alike that when entering the hotel one steps into a serene haven from the moment of arrival to the time of departure.

I was especially pleased to read that the services were of a high standard and that nothing was too much trouble for the team in their delivery.

My team and I look forward to having the pleasure of your return visit in the not too distant future!

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I loved this hotel from the moment I stepped out of the taxi. In a city that is so busy it is a tranquil haven to return to at the end of each busy day. The staff was amazing and always there, although not in an annoying way. The room we had was unique and different from any other we have stayed in, which is not so easy to do in a hotel. We had an amazing view on the 18th floor. The bath was situated to enjoy this view and I couldn't wait to try it out. The bed was extremely comfortable. I loved the organic bath products. I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat if I find myself in Shanghai again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I really appreciate you posting your comments on TA following your stay with us at The PuLi.

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and I am delighted to know you loved our urban resort from the moment you set foot at our door. Indeed The PuLi has its way to make you relax once you enter the lobby; all noise, stress and hectic thoughts seem to vanish instantly......

My staff will be very happy to read that they were instrumental in achieving such high marks - just shows how much effort they put into what they do best - wanting to ensure all of our guests are well looked after.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the city and remain,