“Good location, wifi available, price is good.”

Elegance Bund Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #1,614 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel has a good location close to the Bund, close to Nanjing road and not far from subway. Badly spoken english at reception but friendly and helpful. I think rooms and public areas should be more clean for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Elena S

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Only a short walk to the Bund and some busy shopping streets. The staff were also very freindly and helpful, but when the wheels of your suit case make a sticky sound when going down the corriodor it doesn't bode well. The carpet in my room was disgustingly filthy, and the general feel of it gave the impression not much other the sheets and bathroom had been cleaned in a while. I had also asked for a non-smoking room but it didn't appear to be that. The room and bed smelled of cigarettes. It wasn't expensive so I wasn't expecting much, but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had booked 3 rooms for believe it not for a travel expo and when the first guest arrived she was to pay for all accom they refused to take payment. Then when we arrived believing the rooms had been paid for there was a problem no english. After paying I went to the room to find it was not what I had booked I went to reception to cancel part of my stay, they argued and refused I showed them the website and asked to speak with the manager and they again refused.While all this was happening staff were arguing between themselves.They took my number for manager to ring me when he came to work the next day this did not happen. I left the expo and returned to the hotel to sort this out. Again another 1.5 hours of arguments finally to get my refund. Now onto the room the room had no ceiling lights only bedside lamps the bed was like sleeping on the floor, the noise from alley way was bad at night ,the mat in the lift had curled up and many people tripped over this. The carpet was covered with tarps, in the bathroom there was a plant in a glass the plant did not seem to grow as quickly as the mould on the vanity basin. And wait for it my colleague was told she had not paid on departure she had to download a bank statement to prove the room had been paid for.I could keep going so the moral to the story is do not stay at this dump the staff dont even want to be here

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank pac2427
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is very well priced and great value for money. The rooms are great size and clean. The breakfast is okay but no great but great for a china standard,

Very close to the bund which is a real plus.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel has a good location close to the Bund, close to Nanjing road, and is about a 10 min walk from the East Nanjing subway stop. The lobby looks quite nice and fancy. We spent a bit more money and booked a business double room, but it was nowhere as nice as the lobby. Overall it was ok, but the dirty carpet really drew our attention and we made sure to use the slippers that were provided. We stayed in another hotel in the same general district that was cheaper and similar quality to this hotel, suggesting that we likely overpaid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kauai2007
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Pros: Great location, friendly and helpful staff who spoke english with some limitations. Clean and spacious rooms. A taxi was never far away. Working aircon.

Cons: no view. Our window was facing a wall an armslength away. Very, very firm beds. There was some construction work going on outside during our visit making the place a bit noisy.

Skip the breakfast.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The receptionist wrote our destinations in Chinese script and ordered taxis for us. They looked after our bags during the day (after check out). The best thing is the central location of the hotel. I didn't see any evidence of breakfast or restaurant during my 1 night stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family