Located just off the People's Square and a block from the Pedestrian Mall, the Langham Yangtze is close to a lot of foreign company offices in the Puxi area - so excellent for business. Also an easy (straight line) stroll, about 15 min, to The Bund. There's plenty of restaurants of all levels (cheap and cheerful to flash and expensive) within easy distance. On the same street as the The Bund Microbrewery pub & bistro.
All that, however, is almost irrelevant. The stand out of the hotel--once you've got used to the exotically plush foyer, neck-deep bath and cricket-field-size bed--is the service. Not only the attentive, friendly service that Asia, in general, excels at; but by the second day, all the doormen and desk staff had memorised my name. I don't think I'd done anything bad enough to warrant being the subject of behind-the-scenes-discussion of the staff. I think they must make the effort to do it for all guests staying more than a couple of nights. I was SO impressed, especially given the size of the establishment.
Oh, and wonderfully, you can open the windows and get fresh air in the room (well, as fresh as air ever gets in Shanghai, and it comes with the horns and traffic racket; but better than living in air-conditioned dehydration).
I think the rack rate is very expensive; it's certainly quite luxurious. I got a what I reckon is an excellent rate--given how nice the hotel is--online.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the center of Shanghai with endless flow of people, there is a place that could take you back to the 1930s to appreciate the golden age of Shanghai. That is The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai.The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, an Art Deco masterpiece infused with gold age of Shanghai, owns the superior geographical position. Located in the People's Square, centre of Shanghai, the hotel enjoys convenient access to all parts of the city with the Shanghai Metro Lines 1/2/8 less than 30 meters from the hotel. Moreover, the hotel is bordered by major cultural and entertainment highlights within walking distance, such as Nanjing Pedestrian Road, People's Park, the Raffles City, the Shanghai Museum, and the Shanghai Grand Theatre.This hotel attracts guests with its private and graceful environment instead of the splendid and magnificent impression. The stained glass dome looks so gorgeous with carved staircase winding up. The candlelit crystal lighting collocates with palatial valance creating the elegant and sumptuous atmosphere. The unique collections displayed on the wall of guest room floor corridors, such as jewelry boxes, manual-shaving-hair tools, ancient door latch, traditional pipes, ladies' hand bags, Hawksbill needles, cookie boxes, etc, all tell guests the history of Shanghai. Entering each room, the song " Rose, Rose, I love you" reminds each guest of the prosperity of the old Shanghai with its sweet voice and nostalgia melody. Standing on the guest room private balcony, you could feel the quick pace of the modern city while retrospect the past good times at the same time.Yangtze Hotel, the predecessor of The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, opened in 1934, owns 80 years of history. Decorated with lavish art deco style, this hotel was touted as "The Third Largest Hotel in the Far East" by the renowned architect, Li Pan. This hotel used to be a popular social resort gathered many celebrities and movie stars, and it was exactly the birthplace of the most classic and well-known song "Rose, Rose, I love you". In order to inherit this cultural heritage, Yangtze Boutique reserves this song as the background music in the room, and names one suit of room as "Rose Suite" to be one of the signature of the hotel, which becomes the favorites of many guests. Over the past 80 years, the Yangtze Hotel witnessed the ups and downs of Shanghai. In 2009, the Yangtze Hotel was renovated gorgeously and re-emerged in a great sumptuous way, reserving the classic Art Deco design style while mixing the 1930s old Shanghai style together. Just like the time flying back, The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai guides guests back to the glamorous and extravagant life in old Shanghai with great charm and elegant demeanor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Yangtze Boutique Hotel Shanghai
- Langham Yangtze Boutique Shanghai
- Langham Yangtze Boutique Hotel Shanghai