“TOO, TOO PERFECT!”

Ranked #22 of 5,032 Hotels in Shanghai
Los Angeles
“TOO, TOO PERFECT!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I had a King Deluxe room, which meant that I was looking straight onto the river with its lit night boats and its daytime boat traffic and directly across to the amazing skyline of Pudong. I arrived at the hotel at night and when I entered my room I gasped at the spectacular view. The bed was divine, the room decorated in muted colors, many sitting options to just enjoy the view, marble bathroom and 'Japanese' toilet. The hotel is quiet, intimate, and serene. There is no bar and limited restaurant service. Staff is pleasant and tries to be helpful but speaks modest English. The hotel It is located at the far end of The Bund. I didn't find this a problem at all. So, if you want luxury and serene beauty, this is your spot!

Room Tip: 1603. Be sure to be clear on what type of view you will have. Friends were able to see the river b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Edna A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Best Hotel i Have stayed, at any given price point.... period..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My gf and I checked in with the Les Orient suites for 2 nights and we had absolutely no regrets!

Stunning views of the bund and river day day/night were a sight to behold, and its location was not far off from the Yu Yuan station or many of the restaurants nearby. Did we mention it was a breeze to hail for cabs in that area & most taxis know where the hotel is anyway if you tell them the specific address.

Breakfast was of a decent variety with fresh juices, in a very cozy environment. Gym was well equipped and absolutely conducive.

What I absolutely loved about the hotel were the design and amenities of the room - shame on other hotels which claim that space constraints do not allow for modern amenities. The Les Orient Studio was in no way big, but packed in smart and thoughtfully designed features and little touches - from fresh fruit (lemon for water!) to automized curtains, everything was easily accessible and relevant to the modern day traveler. We even thought the usual hotel slipper, which are usually flimsy, was exceedingly comfortable at the Les Orient!

Special mention also goes out to Shirley whom we emailed later, as my gf left her ear rings behind and they kept it with housekeeping.

In short, Les Orient Suites may be on the pricier range, but worth every cent if you want a most memorable time on the bund!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bund are more scenic
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheekylops
Houston
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have stayed here several times, both for business and pleasure, and always look forward to getting back. This hotel is simply gorgeous; the view from the rooms couldn't get any better. It really feels like a luxury to stay here. I find myself trying to spend more of my day at the hotel, in my room or in the lounge, because it is just so comfortable.

Breakfast is great, room service is very reasonable, free coffee everywhere, and staff are very friendly. The concierge was very helpful and can print out a nice map and location details for any destination you need to to get to. The hotel is right next to a ferry terminal, which is actually a pretty fast and convenient shortcut to get to Pudong destinations.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank eurasiaorbust
Greetham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This beautifully designed hotel was in a brilliant position, overlooking the river on the Bund, and really comfortable too. The bedroom was gorgeous, the bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was stylish and big and the room was really glamorous, if a little underlit. Very designery; a bath in the window and no hook or rail for your towel! But very beautiful!
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and included in our surprisingly reasonable rate, considering the prime position and spacious rooms.
The staff were super, efficient and helpful. I would definitely stay here and recommend it to anyone going to Shanghai!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Walkinggranny
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I am sure every single good thing were already reviewed and written by the other travellers; view/spacious/and all the understated luxury features. My husband and I are Australian with chinese background, each time when we stepped into the hotel from the Shanghai chaos, this hotel managed to sooth our edginess. Without this hotel our trip would not be this nice, their calmness and true home away from home quality, greatly enhenced our holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cindy L
Toronto
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I'm always a little suspicious when all the reviews of a hotel are great but honestly, this is a great hotel. From the moment we booked to the moment we left, we loved it. I went with my husband and 2 young children (ages 4 and 6) for two nights.

-Reservations were easy via e-mail. I also requested tickets to ERA which they had for me at check in.
-Arrival at the hotel was easy. The lobby was above street level so very secure.
-When we checked in, my children were given ear muffs, kaleidoscope and candy. A child's dream.
-Check in was quick and easy.
-Our room was a Shanghai Suite on the 19th floor. Stunning views from every window.
-The room had a king bed plus two living areas. One was completely separate which was great when my kids went to sleep early.
-There was a fruit plate for our arrival and refreshed on day 2.
-Room was clean and new. Free water bottles at every turn.
-Breakfast was amazing. I had congee. My husband had a made to order omlette. My kids had pancakes.
-We walked everywhere including the Bund. The subway was the furthest walk at about 15 mins.

My only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

Room Tip: Shanghai Suite on 19th floor was fabulous.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family