“Who's That Jackhammering @ My door?”

Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai
Ranked #20 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Los Angeles, California
“Who's That Jackhammering @ My door?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

If you don't mind constant construction on the street day and night, dirt and construction dusk flying at you from every direction, then this may be the place for you. The location is busy, dirty, and the hotel has no spa, room service, or even bar. It does have a meeting room you can use if your here on business, but the free wifi internet is never working. Forget about being able to sleep throughout the night because that won't happen as the construction is a nightmare, and I live in NYC.

The staff speaks minimal English and has little regard for your needs. The funny thing is I like to be left alone and don't want fancy amenities at the hotels I stay at on business, but this place is way too expensive for the lack of things. I mean, is it too much to ask for one night without construction going on? And I was her for 14 days... at these prices you can get a lot more for a lot less in better, cleaner places.

Room Tip: Get a medium lever room because if street construction at night won' get you, the construction f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
les_suites_orient_SH, Manager at Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us.
We appreciate your choosing us recently, and we apologize for your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. We did however have some construction work though it quickly came to an end. Yet we regret for failure to provide the best of service that you deserve. To better meet guest demands, we will arrange training exercises to improve service and other issues wherever necessary.
We much appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention, and we sincerely hope that you could give our hotel a second chance should your travel bring you back to Shanghai.
Hotel Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

China odyssey tours arrange the hotel for me as a part of my China tour. it's location is perfect, with amazing views of the historic Bund.Nanjing road is 5 minutes walk from the hotel .The rooms fantastic with everything that you would wish.The staffs are very friendly and professional. Will definitely come again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014
central coast N.S.W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was tossing up between this hotel and the hotel indigo my main priority being the best view of the bund skyline. I picked well as the view from the room was perfect and directly opposite the best view whereas the hotel indigo was further up and would not have had a direct frontal view.
The service here was spectacular, the food better than the Hilton in Beijing or any other hotel I stayed at during my trip to China. I stayed in a Shanghai suite river view and requested a corner room (room 2008) I was blown away by the spectacular view , the 3 tvs , the deep bath ( with tv) the beautiful sunken lounge area to watch the boats float by and the colourful Shanghai skyline by night.
I felt like someone special and only the very best service can make you feel this way when staying at a hotel. This hotel is the very best. The most comfortable bed also in my whole trip.
Well done Les Suites on the Bund for making my stay so special 10/10 AMAZING!!! I am one very happy customer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rachelbeachdrive
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at Les Suites Orient and we loved it from minute one. The hotel is a peaceful heaven, very quiet, beautifully decorated, the staff is so nice and so helpful (a special thank you to Kathy and her beautiful smile, to Osiris, James, you all have been wonderful!).
Our room was breathtaking : 2 large windows facing the bed, offering exquisite views of the Bund, the river and Pudong district with the Oriental Pearl Tower, bed was super comfortable, very nice bathroom with lots of amenities, 6 free small bottles of water left for you in the room and replaced eveyday, tea, coffee, we slept like babies. Very beautifully decorated, design furniture, we loved this room!
And though you are in a big building with large windows, yes, you can open the bottom small window to refresh air in the room if you want (which we did every morning).

Tea coffee, biscuits and cakes were available for free 24/24 in the lounge which is a plus. It doesn't cost much to the hotel I guess, but such attentions are always a big plus for customers. It was really resting and nice to have tea and a few biscuits and relax after long hours spent exploring the city.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent, offering a large selection : bread, cakes, fruits, fruit juices, hot meals, cereals, you can order eggs any style and so much more.

The hotel is located right on the Bund, at the South end of it, right in front of the Ferry terminal, a Visitor center and 6 minutes walk from the Cruise boats. The Bund sightseeing tunnel to reach the Pudong and Oriental Pearl Tower is about 10 minutes walk, the Yuyuan Garden, old city and bazaar is 12 minutes walk, very close, Nanjing Road (for shopaholics) is about 15 minutes walk too.
Very easy to catch a taxi to go wherever you want.

Airport to the hotel drive was around 160/180 Yuan and it took us about 35 minutes.

I really have nothing to complain about this place and if I were to return to Shanghai, I would definetely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Was there for a 2 night stay. Cozy hotel on the bund, clean.I f your taking a taxi from the airport make sure you have the address in English and in Chinese.( to show the driver) it's about 45 min from airport.breakfast was good.we did not get the package when we booked the room,but when we arrived added the breakfast for less than $15 per person.Ask for room with a view.walk around the bund.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I would like to highly recommend this hotel. The staff were great, rooms were great, view of the bund was great.

Great location and short trip to the night life and shopping areas.the view on a night time is fantastic. Breakfast in the morning also had a very good selection of foods From all over the world.

Highly recommended hotel for business or pleasure.

Paul

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Did not enjoy my staying. Nice view of the river but:
Rooms don't have air conditioning. Air is central and is set very high. I complained that on the description the rooms are described with air, but the room control is disabled. I asked for a fan, but the hotel doesn't have fans. At breakfast personnel don't speak good English, so if you ask for a spoon, you are out of luck. At dinner I asked for lamb medium, and I got a totally uncooked piece of meet. Not a hotel made for business people.

Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Binotretre
Les_Suites_Orient, Manager at Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.
It is unfortunate to hear that your stay with us was not up to your expectations, and we sensually apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.
There is however no excuse for our failure. Your feedback will help us improve our training processes, and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Shanghai.
Hotel Management Team