“Will Come Again To See A Race”
Review of Shanghai Circuit

Shanghai Circuit
Ranked #59 of 1,316 things to do in Shanghai
Sunnyvale, California
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Will Come Again To See A Race”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I visited the circuit when there was no race in progress. I called ahead and found that they offer tours of the place. The place was completely deserted when I reached, and had to ask around to determine where to go.

I entered the grandstand and went to the Costa Coffee shop. At the counter, I paid the RMB50 and waited for a tour guide to take me around the track. The best part is that there were two cars practicing. The guide took me around the track, starting with the grandstand, then the media center, and then the podium. I couldn't goto the pits, but the experience of seeing the two cars practicing was very thrilling. I'd love to revisit this place when the race is taking place.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank SeNaInCA

• Czech first
Jakarta, Indonesia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“F1”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This year was the second time I got to see the F1 in Shanghai and it is a great circuit. very easy to get by Metro and well organized!

1 Thank Goetzed
Groningen, The Netherlands
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Two days in Shanghai F1 Circuit”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was there on Saturday and Sunday. The qualifier went rough because of rain. But Sunday was good cloudy but so rain. I took the ‘K’ grandstand ticket which is just at the corner so you can enjoy the speed and curve. Really enjoyed the race. As usual (2014) Mercedes dominated the race.
The circuit is well connected with the subway and they really very good at crowd management. Of course you need to walk in a zigzag lines to get in to metro.
It is better to get the tickets little early, I didn’t waited for the subway ticket as I got a return ticket from the organizers.;-)
The food and beverages are very expensive

1 Thank Chandramohan K
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A day at the F1. Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is easily reached via metro line 11 however it does take at least 1hr via central shanghai.

It's hard to review this as I think depends on what event you are actually watching. I went to watch the F1 which is my first race iv seen outside of my home country (GB)

Comparing this to silverstone I can say that the F1 village at silverstone was much better. However for actually race entertainment and view then shanghai wins hands down. I was watching from the best corner turn 14. This gives you a full view from turn 13 of all the races coming down the longest straight on the f1 calendar. Lots of action and overtaking takes place here. And easy to get great photos as they slow right down for the corner. Only paid £40 for the hole weekend.

Was lucky enough to see Lewis Hamilton and Nico 3 hrs for the race. They came out to do a press conference 3hrs before the race which capped off an amazing day.

1 Thank Mattneary82
Port Louis
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“F1 woohoo”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Woohoo... I tried this venue for F1 and i was amazed. The circuit is awesome. High speed curves... 2 awesome straight lines... Very slow curves to see the cars... And the sound travels so well in this circuit, you hear awesome. The race in 2014 was a little unevent full because Mercedes were on another planet but the overall experience was awesome. The best was how the local police was controlling the crowd. Wow incredibly well organised and help the huge amount of people into trains and easy away from the circuit. Shanghai is awesome... I will be back for sure....